• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FILTER

erdelyi.balazs76@gmail.com

43 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Hello !

Can you help me how manage refine search (filter) add remove brands, attributes,properities 

Thank you 

Balázs

Sure. You need to specify product properties first. That is under product catalog. 

Then you need to assign them to products. 

Then you need to choose which properties shall be filters for certain categories. 

@Ivan Holbi please see if we need a wiki page for it. 

Thanks, understood. It looks like this functionality has been recently moved to an App.

https://app.oscommerce.com/productpropertiesfilters

Please bear with us while we add content to the Apps in the App Shop, and then you will be able to download the App and have it added to your site.

Please kindly note we have decided to allow download of all premium Apps without payments till the 1st of January 2023. 

Edited by osCommerce-Official

22 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Sure. You need to specify product properties first. That is under product catalog. 

Then you need to assign them to products. 

Then you need to choose which properties shall be filters for certain categories. 

@Ivan Holbi please see if we need a wiki page for it. 

Hi,

Please see the corresponding Wiki page how to do it.

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Managing_Filters_on_Categories

Best regards,

Ivan

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Dear Ivan Holbi !

Thank you the infromation... 

i connected the app shop my site 

please help me how can add this module ??

but it's just coming soon ???

Best regards 

Balazs

We are adding apps to the App Shop at the moment. 

We have also made a decision to make all premium paid Apps free until the 1st of Jan 2023. 

Hopefully this Filters app will become available in the Shop shortly.  

• 2 months later...

Hi,

its middle of January 2023 and still no progress in this, missing filter module in app store, or is any trick how change filters from OFF to ON mode like is showed on picture below?

Thanks

On 10/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, [email protected] said:

Thank you very much !

but i can't find where and how turn on and off this and if view values click nothing on... 

Best regards and please help me.... 

2022-10-21_15-04-31.thumb.png.b76444e63a06366ede574c8a36838764.png ....

please help me...

Balázs

On 1/15/2023 at 11:38 AM, jokerstar said:

its middle of January 2023 and still no progress in this, missing filter module in app store, or is any trick how change filters from OFF to ON mode like is showed on picture below?

It is part of ProductPropertiesFilters application. It is under development right now. I think we will release it in two weeks.

• 4 months later...

We're currently preparing a new installation of OsCommerce 4 to replace an old shop installation. So far it's been quite a journey but we're making good progress. Trying to add properties and use those as filters we stumbled accross this topic.

First off I have to admit that there's no chance I'd ever gotten an idea of having to install an extension for a function that seems like it's already in place. Before installing the plugin there is no way to toggle the switches on the category as seen on the screenshot bale76 posted.

We've installed and activated the extension and can now slide options, however saving those values will never work. They will always be ticked off when opening the settings again plus the price filter that's on the system by default is missing once the extension is activated.

I'm wondering if this project is actively worked on and worth working on as the documentation is really bad, barely showing anything but obvious options. As much as I'd like to use it, it does not seem to be moving and there's too many bugs that are hard to fix without any documentation.

Hope someone has found a way to actually use the Product Properties Filters.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, DrFlo said:

We're currently preparing a new installation of OsCommerce 4 to replace an old shop installation. So far it's been quite a journey but we're making good progress. Trying to add properties and use those as filters we stumbled accross this topic.

First off I have to admit that there's no chance I'd ever gotten an idea of having to install an extension for a function that seems like it's already in place. Before installing the plugin there is no way to toggle the switches on the category as seen on the screenshot bale76 posted.

We've installed and activated the extension and can now slide options, however saving those values will never work. They will always be ticked off when opening the settings again plus the price filter that's on the system by default is missing once the extension is activated.

I'm wondering if this project is actively worked on and worth working on as the documentation is really bad, barely showing anything but obvious options. As much as I'd like to use it, it does not seem to be moving and there's too many bugs that are hard to fix without any documentation.

Thank you

@Ivan Holbicould you please help Florian?

2 hours ago, DrFlo said:

Thank you

Hi Florian,

We tried it from our end and it worked as it should. Please PM me with the login details to the admin area of your website for us to check this issue further.

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Florian,

Thank you for sharing the login details to the admin area of your website.

We checked and the module Product Properties Filters was switched off so we switched it back on.

We would recommend to upgrade your website to the latest osCommerce version (4.12.56860) to make sure this functionality will work as it should.  

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

thank you for checking, yes it was turned off. I did that to include the pictures in the private message. The problem as described remains when turning it on. There is no way to save settings while having it turned on. Should have turned it back on that's on me as we took the screenshots. I'm aware that we are a few updates behind but haven't seen anything in the patch notes that would have an impact on this issue.

Our installation will have to be modified outside of the backend to allow us to work with it as there is no option to work with articles only allowed above a certain age. I assume there won't be an overview which files will be changed during the updates? 

Cheers
Florian

1 hour ago, DrFlo said:

Hi Ivan,

thank you for checking, yes it was turned off. I did that to include the pictures in the private message. The problem as described remains when turning it on. There is no way to save settings while having it turned on. Should have turned it back on that's on me as we took the screenshots. I'm aware that we are a few updates behind but haven't seen anything in the patch notes that would have an impact on this issue.

Our installation will have to be modified outside of the backend to allow us to work with it as there is no option to work with articles only allowed above a certain age. I assume there won't be an overview which files will be changed during the updates? 

Cheers
Florian

Hi Florian,

Regarding the issue you reported we checked it from our end on one of your categories (https://yourwebsite/admin/categories/categoryedit?categories_id=97#tab_5) and it worked as it should on both the front end and the back end. Please retest on the other categories. If you still face any issues please let us know.

Regarding "Our installation will have to be modified outside of the backend to allow us to work with it as there is no option to work with articles only allowed above a certain age. I assume there won't be an overview which files will be changed during the updates?" 

when you press Update Now button to apply the system update, the system checks all the updating files and if it detects a file that was changed it displays a warning message and allows you to ignore the update for such a file.

So, you can apply an update and leave the files you modified intact.

But the osCommerce may become unstable, because some of the files will be updated and some of them will not.

Best regards,

Ivan

@Ivan Holbi

Thank you so much for the help, it's updated to the latest version now and that has fixed the issue for us. No conflict with any of the customization that we have noticed. We can continue to try to get it to work for us now. Sorry for the late reply it's been busy days with the old shop we're running.

Cheers
Florian