• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help with tax

jimdanforth

• 2 weeks later...

I am still battling this and 1 last issue to go live.  If anyone has direction I'm certainly willing to listen.

I can edit the zone to United States/All Zones and tax is applied.  United States/(any specific state) and it does not apply even if that state is the same in checkout and zone.

5 hours ago, jimdanforth said:

I am still battling this and 1 last issue to go live.  If anyone has direction I'm certainly willing to listen.

I can edit the zone to United States/All Zones and tax is applied.  United States/(any specific state) and it does not apply even if that state is the same in checkout and zone.

Hi,

Please provide us with the access details to the admin area of your website for us to check it further.

Best regards,

Ivan 

On 10/18/2022 at 9:50 PM, jimdanforth said:

message sent

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

Regarding the issue with tax applying we checked and it was connected with cache. We cleared it so now it works as it should. Please retest.

Regarding "Also having issue getting the search to use the sku field in case you see something else I've done odd" it will be possible to search per sku after the PlainProductsDescription module is installed. It will be available soon in your App Shop.

Best regards,

Ivan

22 minutes ago, jimdanforth said:

Thank you very much.  SO should I plan to clear the cache in the future should this happen again?

Hi,

You are welcome.

Hopefully this issue should not happen in the future. Clearing cache is actually used when some updates are not applied to the front end for any reason.

Best regards,

Ivan

• 5 months later...

Humm. I wonder if my tax issue not adding taxes to the checkout is related to this. But I just cleared all the cache. Same errors. No Go for me.

Tax will not calculate in cart. Duno why.

no_tax.JPG

Edited by jroc9999

Hi Jason,

We checked and you set up the tax zone. Please see the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.97ade0ec431a03d047a8c3c7e185096f.png

If you click on the folder to the left from your tax zone name you will be able to assign the required countries or regions to it and it will resolve your issue. Please see another screenshot below. 

image.thumb.png.5ec85b97f8e61ba1db1fcd760b74c2d1.png

Best regards,

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ivan. I see this hidden section now. This is not ideal and I can see how many users will miss this step.

Ok so yes this does somewhat fix the issue and it will calculate tax at checkout.

But, only if I have Canada / All Zones selected

If I select Canada / Ontario for example it will not calculate tax.

Tax_Zone.JPG