• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Addon access

Smoky Barnable

We need access to the old addons now, not "shortly". If you refuse to provide access to this open source content authored by developers who offered this content for free, would you at least consider paid access? It's impossible for forum members to provide support to those in need if we can't reference the files.

Edited by Smoky Barnable

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

1 hour ago, Smoky Barnable said:

We need access to the old addons now, not "shortly". If you refuse to provide access to this open source content authored by developers who offered this content for free, would you at least consider paid access? It's impossible for forum members to provide support to those in need if we can't reference the files.

Eric, thank you for your message here. Please bear with us, will respond next week after a development meeting. 

I think that it is only fair that those who wish to continue with OsCommerce 2.3 continue working on it and thus we will have two versions of oscommerce.

OsCommerce 2.3 is easier to modify and for companies that have to make constant changes in the code, they are more adapted and everything is easier for them

I have a saying "What is beautiful excites, what I practice sells" everything has to be practical first.

The best eCommerce ideas over 20 years are in these contributions.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to get access to the latest USPS Shipping module as well as Paypal payment module.

The source code is covered under the GNU GPL license as stated in the source:

/**
 * This file is part of osCommerce ecommerce platform.
 * osCommerce the ecommerce
 * @link https://www.oscommerce.com
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2000-2022 osCommerce LTD
 * Released under the GNU General Public License
 * For the full copyright and license information, please view the LICENSE.TXT file that was distributed with this source code.
 */

I am also one of the core developers and wrote a lot of the module code that was used as the basis of all the modules.

I am attempting the simplest task, taking my store and upgrading it to 4.0
It is surprising that there isn't a osc legacy theme...

I am starting to wonder if osc4 is actually being used by anyone in a real application

I may have to throw in the towel and go to one of the many osc forks, that I as a core dev felt would be going to the dark side :)

Tom

Thomas A. Moulton, W2VY

osCommerce core developer osc2.1 to osc 2.3.x

Support the developers!

http://www.oscommerce.com/about/team

17 hours ago, w2vy said:

I would like to get access to the latest USPS Shipping module as well as Paypal payment module.

The source code is covered under the GNU GPL license as stated in the source:

/**
 * This file is part of osCommerce ecommerce platform.
 * osCommerce the ecommerce
 * @link https://www.oscommerce.com
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2000-2022 osCommerce LTD
 * Released under the GNU General Public License
 * For the full copyright and license information, please view the LICENSE.TXT file that was distributed with this source code.
 */

I am also one of the core developers and wrote a lot of the module code that was used as the basis of all the modules.

I am attempting the simplest task, taking my store and upgrading it to 4.0
It is surprising that there isn't a osc legacy theme...

I am starting to wonder if osc4 is actually being used by anyone in a real application

I may have to throw in the towel and go to one of the many osc forks, that I as a core dev felt would be going to the dark side :)

Tom

Tom, 

Thanks for your message. 

Would be happy to have a Google or zoom with you next week to go through these and any other questions. 

Please message us to confirm the time. 

Many thanks!