• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sub Category Images

freakystreakefc

Tearing my hair out trying to sort categories out on a development store. I want to have separate category images for the main category and the sub category. At the moment, the sub category is setting a product pic as a default for the sub category and I can't any way to turn it off or change it through the admin. Tried the Wiki but I just find it very confusing and doesn't contain a lot of information, if any,  for what I'm trying to achieve. On a separate note, is there an option to have a buy button on the product listing page, instead of having to go through to the product page to buy a product?

On 8/19/2022 at 4:39 PM, freakystreakefc said:

Tearing my hair out trying to sort categories out on a development store. I want to have separate category images for the main category and the sub category. At the moment, the sub category is setting a product pic as a default for the sub category and I can't any way to turn it off or change it through the admin. Tried the Wiki but I just find it very confusing and doesn't contain a lot of information, if any,  for what I'm trying to achieve. On a separate note, is there an option to have a buy button on the product listing page, instead of having to go through to the product page to buy a product?

Hi,

Regarding separate category images for the main category and the sub category please see the newly created article how to manage it - https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Adding_Images_to_Categories_and_Subcategories. Please make sure you add the required images to all your required categories and subcategories.

Regarding having a buy button on the product listing page if your products are variation ones (for example, they have colours and sizes) it is not available on the product listing page in the tile view, but it is available in the list view. Please see the screenshot below. 

Best regards,

Ivan 

Screenshot_8.png