• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New V2 Forum

Hotclutch

"

Support for older versions of osCommerce may be offered on these Forums, temporarily, although we encourage all users to move to the new, better, and more secure version.

Support for other Ecommerce platforms and osCommerce forks WILL NOT be offered on these Forums. 

"

I am two minded about investing the time and money in starting up a brand new domain and forum as a meeting place for people still interested in V2 osCommerce. The forum will be non commercial, for information exchange only, as osCommerce was in the beginning. How many people interested in this idea ?

1 hour ago, Hotclutch said:

"

Support for older versions of osCommerce may be offered on these Forums, temporarily, although we encourage all users to move to the new, better, and more secure version.

Support for other Ecommerce platforms and osCommerce forks WILL NOT be offered on these Forums. 

"

I am two minded about investing the time and money in starting up a brand new domain and forum as a meeting place for people still interested in V2 osCommerce. The forum will be non commercial, for information exchange only, as osCommerce was in the beginning. How many people interested in this idea ?

Yes of course,  if V2 support will not be offered here. Thousands would benefit from such a site.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

We will not be stopping anyone from creating alternative online resources. For the time being, though, there will not be any changes to the forums in terms of support of old osCommerce 2.x

However, just ask yourselves - does old osCommerce have any future? Do you want to cling to the old technology that is effectively dead? It is because it was not being upgraded that osCommerce got into the state it was before we introduced new version of osCommerce. Now osCommerce has new future, and you can be a part of it! 

Does it make sense to just stick to something that was the best at some point in the past but is not anymore? Or rather, be a part of what can be the best again in the future? 

We welcome everyone to join us on this journey, and if you change your mind regarding using old technologies - will be happy to work with you in any capacity - with business owners and with developers.

The problem is that you have removed access to addons from V2 and V4 has no addons available.

Almost no store works with the default configuration. Each store has its specificities and needs certain addons to live and develop while waiting to be able to use V4.

For many of us, the online store is the only source of income. Without the necessary addons, the revenue stream drops or stagnates, which is not in our interest.

A V4 without addons is of little interest except to become familiar with its operation, but that's not what brings money into our pockets.

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

31 minutes ago, bonbec said:

The problem is that you have removed access to addons from V2 and V4 has no addons available.

Almost no store works with the default configuration. Each store has its specificities and needs certain addons to live and develop while waiting to be able to use V4.

For many of us, the online store is the only source of income. Without the necessary addons, the revenue stream drops or stagnates, which is not in our interest.

A V4 without addons is of little interest except to become familiar with its operation, but that's not what brings money into our pockets.

Thanks for this message. It is exactly for that reason that we brought v4 live - to make it possible for those, whose only source of income is Ecommerce development - to have a real-life tool that they can use to earn money. 

Old add-ons will be made available soon. 

But it is the new Apps that we recommend looking to use and build to make $$ 

Good. Perhaps add a way for members to upload addons they were able to download before access here was restricted.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

On 8/5/2022 at 1:23 PM, bonbec said:

Thanks again for your feedback! 

Have created a short poll in order to better understand the needs of the development community, would appreciate your response:

@osCommerce-Official

I have received your take down request citing trademark violation. So I have removed the content from the aforementioned website.

You can go ahead and remove my contribution in this thread too, before I receive a similar ridiculous request which I am not in the mood for.

5 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

@osCommerce-Official

I have received your take down request citing trademark violation. So I have removed the content from the aforementioned website.

You can go ahead and remove my contribution in this thread too, before I receive a similar ridiculous request which I am not in the mood for.

Just use a domain name that doesn't infringe on the copyright. You created your own fork so you can call it anything you want. Also,  they cannot claim they own the open source public domain add-ons from the last twenty years.

@osCommerce-Official How about making the old add-ons available until you actually are able to publish a working bug free V4?

- Rabindranath Tagore

10 hours ago, Smoky Barnable said:

Just use a domain name that doesn't infringe on the copyright. You created your own fork so you can call it anything you want. Also,  they cannot claim they own the open source public domain add-ons from the last twenty years.

@osCommerce-Official How about making the old add-ons available until you actually are able to publish a working bug free V4?

Thanks for your message! 

The old add-ons for the discontinued version of osCommerce will be brought back in the "read only" mode, as was stated earlier. That will be for a short while, but it is not connected with development of osCommerce and its current version. 

We thank everyone who is willing to report any issues with osCommerce. We take such very seriously, and always strive to create the best Ecommerce platform for businesses and developers. 

Have a nice weekend! 

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would be nice to fork oscommerce and keep the history without deleting anything-

If we want to survive all the new platforms that have emerged we have to evolve and make an effort to adapt, surely all the strength of the team is now in oscv4 and it is logical that all efforts are put there now

We are all looking at V4 and studying how we can replace our version. ancient

I have it very difficult because my clients and I use the modified version of oscommerce as billing program and I have only seen that functionality in shopfy and prestashop.

Am 7.9.2022 um 17:16 schrieb patrocine:

I think it would be nice to fork oscommerce and keep the history without deleting anything-

If we want to survive all the new platforms that have emerged we have to evolve and make an effort to adapt, surely all the strength of the team is now in oscv4 and it is logical that all efforts are put there now

We are all looking at V4 and studying how we can replace our version. ancient

I have it very difficult because my clients and I use the modified version of oscommerce as billing program and I have only seen that functionality in shopfy and prestashop.

What do you mean by billing program

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived