Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to report installation and operation issues


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, xcmro_875 said:

phpinfo gives following information:

image.thumb.png.7409d7a7dd9f603db72b3201c9fe0388.png

I see, your webserver is apache, but you have no rights to see it in the ps command.

Yet another idea. Try this test:

1. Temporary rename .htaccess to .htaccess_temp in public_html directory

2. Test access to http://osc4.xxxx/catalog/admin/login and to the folders of demoshops

3. Rename back .htaccess_temp to .htaccess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 16.8.2022 um 15:31 schrieb pandrei:

Temporary rename .htaccess to .htaccess_temp in public_html directory 

Thank you for your answer, but I have no .htaccess file in the public_html directory

I protected the directory where I installed Oscommerce with a password in htaccess.

I renamed this .htaccess file but I still had no access to the admin and no access to the folders of demoshop.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am using osCommerce since 2002-ish. I just downloaded the new 4.04 version and when I try to install, right after providing the MySQL details I get an error message: Error. Can't update database.

Both lib/frontend/runtime/ and lib/backend/runtime/ folders are empty. I checked the server log files and here is what I found:
==
 [06-Sep-2022 04:11:54 UTC] PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): Empty query in /home/ultragen/public_html/install/install_steps/db_access.class.php on line 224
==


And here is the code causing the issue:

        $sqls = $this->parse_sql_file($restore_from);
        foreach($sqls as $sql) {
            $result = mysqli_query($link, $sql);
            if (!$result) {
                $this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database.');
                return false;
            }

 

As far as server details, here it is:

Server OS: Linux 3.10.0-1160.59.1.el7.x86_64
Database: MySQL 5.7.39
HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.54 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.1.1q mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.9 Phusion_Passenger/6.0.12
PHP Version: 7.4.30 (Zend: 3.4.0)

 

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance.

- Ed 

 

Edited by edoscript
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, edoscript said:

                $this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database.');

Hello Ed,

Please change this line to

$this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database: '. $link->error);

and install again. You will see the detailed error message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, pandrei said:

Hello Ed,

Please change this line to

$this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database: '. $link->error);

and install again. You will see the detailed error message.

Thanks pandrei, 

I tried it, however it didn't return any error message. Apparently, $link->error returns empty.

Thanks for the idea though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, edoscript said:

I tried it, however it didn't return any error message. Apparently, $link->error returns empty.

It's a bit strange. I have another idea. Try this line:

$this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database: ' .  $link->error . 'sql: ' . $sql);

At least we will know which sentence caused the error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, pandrei said:

It's a bit strange. I have another idea. Try this line:


$this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database: ' .  $link->error . 'sql: ' . $sql);

At least we will know which sentence caused the error.

I agree it is strange. Actually, I tried the $sql line yesterday and it returned blank. I tried it again now with your line and got the same result: 

Error. Can't update database: sql:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, edoscript said:

I agree it is strange. Actually, I tried the $sql line yesterday and it returned blank. I tried it again now with your line and got the same result: 

Error. Can't update database: sql:

I see /sql/trueloaded.sql is empty. Could it have to do anything with it?

I checked the DB name, user and password are all good in the script.

Edited by edoscript
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, edoscript said:

I see /sql/trueloaded.sql is empty. Could it have to do anything with it?

Try the following code:

foreach($sqls as $sql) {
    if (empty(trim($sql))) continue;
    $result = mysqli_query($link, $sql);
    if (!$result) {
         $this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database: ' .  $link->error . 'sql: ' . $sql);
         return false;
    }

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, pandrei said:

Try the following code:

foreach($sqls as $sql) {
    if (empty(trim($sql))) continue;
    $result = mysqli_query($link, $sql);
    if (!$result) {
         $this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database: ' .  $link->error . 'sql: ' . $sql);
         return false;
    }

Good. Thanks. I passed that error. I will continue and then we'll see if it creates any issues. Hopefully not.

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, edoscript said:

Good. Thanks. I passed that error. I will continue and then we'll see if it creates any issues. Hopefully not.

Thanks again.

On the next page, after I submitted the Settings (General, Contact Information, Address) it appears that the platforms table is missing. I got the following error: Error. Can't update database settings: Table 'ul_store.platforms' doesn't exist 

I could manually add the table, however I don't know the table details, and maybe this is something that would be better if a solution is found rather than manually overwriting it.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, edoscript said:

On the next page, after I submitted the Settings (General, Contact Information, Address) it appears that the platforms table is missing. I got the following error: Error. Can't update database settings: Table 'ul_store.platforms' doesn't exist 

I could manually add the table, however I don't know the table details, and maybe this is something that would be better if a solution is found rather than manually overwriting it.

Thanks.

P.S. The other option would be, I can reinstall everything from scratch to make sure nothing went wrong during the initial install. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2022 at 12:12 AM, pandrei said:

It's a good idea.

I did a new installation from scratch and got same issues. I got the same Error. Can't update database. error. Then I followed pandrei's recommendation (thanks) and added

if (empty(trim($sql))) continue;

moved to the next SETTINGS page and got the same Error. Can't update database settings. error.

So I am wondering if this is happening only to me or if there is an issue with the install package.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have my original v2.3.4 version with all my added mods and customizations including wholesale ordering and much more (my "Frankenstein" version). However, I want to move forward with the new v4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, edoscript said:

moved to the next SETTINGS page and got the same Error. Can't update database settings. error.

Could you add one more piece to your "Frankenstein" version? 😊

Open install\install_steps\inst_settings.class.php and change 268 line to:

$this->log('install_error', 'Can\'t update database settings: ' . $link->error);

When you reinstall, you will get the detailed error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings!
I downloaded the archive of OSC_4_06_51797.Zip here https://www.oscommerce.com/download-oscommerce
I have an Inginx server and 10.3.17-mariadb.
OSC V4 cannot install.
The Mariadb base writes, there are no errors when installing.
Configuration files do not record.
The administrative part of the site does not open, gives an error 404.
Catalogs do not open, gives an error 404.
The main page of the site opens normally.

What am I doing wrong?

No outside url's in signatures allowed - thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spidometrs said:

Greetings!
I downloaded the archive of OSC_4_06_51797.Zip here https://www.oscommerce.com/download-oscommerce
I have an Inginx server and 10.3.17-mariadb.
OSC V4 cannot install.
The Mariadb base writes, there are no errors when installing.
Configuration files do not record.
The administrative part of the site does not open, gives an error 404.
Catalogs do not open, gives an error 404.
The main page of the site opens normally.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Sergey,

Please check your server further according to the following articles.

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Installing_osCommerce_4_on_Dedicated_Server,_Cloud_Server_or_VPS

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Installing_osCommerce_v.4.0

Also the thing is that we do not support the servers with the web-service inginx.

Best regards,

Ivan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Having very consistent error in category creation and use.

if I create the following:

top category

-category 1
--sub cat a
--Sub Cat b
--sub Cat C

-category 2
-sub cat a
--sub cat b
--sub cat c

 

and then from front end select say category 1, then sub a..... it will switch to category 2 sub a if the names are the same.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2022 at 10:50 PM, jimdanforth said:

Having very consistent error in category creation and use.

if I create the following:

top category

-category 1
--sub cat a
--Sub Cat b
--sub Cat C

-category 2
-sub cat a
--sub cat b
--sub cat c

 

and then from front end select say category 1, then sub a..... it will switch to category 2 sub a if the names are the same.

 

@Ivan Holbicould you please comment on this issue? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...