• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Handling lost admin login

Jack_mcs

@osCommerce-Official I'm not sure if this applies to the final V4 version since I am trying it on the demo but thought I would mention it. My admin login failed for some reason so I was trying ways around it.

I first tried the password forgotten on the login page. It asks the user name, first name and email address. I entered those and clicked the reset button but nothing happens. The page doesn't change and the email is not sent.

I then tried clearing the admin table. In V 2.3.4.1 that would bring up a blank dialog where a new login could be created. In V4 the original login dialog shows and won't accept new credentials.

I restored that table and then tried guessing at my password. On the second attempt a challenge image was displayed. But the characters in it are not displayed well and I had to guess at them. Each guess failed and the "verification code is incorrect" message kept displaying. There's no way to change the challenge so this is a dead-end.

Like i said, this may not be an issue in the final release but, if it is, this will be a major problem since it is common for shop owners to forget their admin login, in my experience. But even if they remember the login, as in my case, if something goes wrong and the login doesn't work there needs to be a fail-safe that always works. Is there one?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons