• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Immediately after installation v2.3.4.1 Security Checks throw up errors

oldcelt

The following errors are reported immediately after a fresh installation:-

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in C:\wamp64\www\catalog\admin\security_checks.php on line 82

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::pass() in C:\wamp64\www\catalog\admin\security_checks.php on line 87
( ! ) Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::pass() in C:\wamp64\www\catalog\admin\security_checks.php on line 87

Help please?

1 minute ago, ArtcoInc said:

@oldcelt Since you are installing this on your WAMP system, can you select a different version of PHP? Try running PHP v5.x, and see if that makes a difference.

OK, I'll give that a try on Monday.  Finishing now - G & T calling ☺️

@oldcelt OCS v2.3.4.1 has not been updated in years. It was written back when PHP 5.x was the norm. Newer versions of PHP will cause problems with 2.3.4.1 ( shop owners have had their shops crash when their host upgraded PHP).

Is there a reason you are installing v2.3.4.1? Not only will it have problems under current versions of PHP, it is not responsive (needed these days with all handheld devices), and Google will downgrade any site not responsive.

There are a couple of osC forks on here that are more current (both in PHP and responsiveness), as well as the Phoenix fork. Or, you could wait until osC v4 is released. Do note that osC v4 is a completely new code base.

HTH

12 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@oldcelt Did you try changing your PHP version?

I gave up now that I have CE Phoenix installed.  Thanks for your interest and suggestions though.

Archived