• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Migrate osCommerce 2.x or its forks to osCommerce 4

Dear all,

We are offering an early opportunity to upgrade your osCommerce 2.x (or one of its forks) website to osCommerce 4. 

Please kindly note, we do not offer any customisations in either design or functionality. It is more about product and other

data migration to the new version of osCommerce.

So, if you have an osCommerce 2.x or an osCommerce-fork-based website and would like to switch to osCommerce 4 - please PM us and we will choose 2-3 websites for this migration test run. 

Thank you!

@osCommerce-OfficialI'm wondering if the problem with converting a large database has been fixed. In case you don't recall, I contacted you about a problem with a migration and you said it was due to the script timing out due to the large table sizes.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 9:05 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Dear all,

We are offering an early opportunity to upgrade your osCommerce 2.x (or one of its forks) website to osCommerce 4. 

Please kindly note, we do not offer any customisations in either design or functionality. It is more about product and other

data migration to the new version of osCommerce.

So, if you have an osCommerce 2.x or an osCommerce-fork-based website and would like to switch to osCommerce 4 - please PM us and we will choose 2-3 websites for this migration test run. 

Thank you!

I could sent all the files, including other language, with the database, do you still need it for testing?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Yak39 said:

Hi all, congrats first of all for toady's release!
I'm upping this topic as the import bridge specified here, doesn't appear to work / it is offline.
Can anyone suggest where can I retrieve the connector to import my old catalog for testng?

admin/extensions?module=OscLink

Could you please try this URL in the backend? osCommerce is supplied with the importer included 

7 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

admin/extensions?module=OscLink

Could you please try this URL in the backend? osCommerce is supplied with the importer included 

Hi! I did, but it is my understanding from the instruction that you still need a bridge on the old Osc?
Or at least this menu makes me think I do:
image.png.a8d10f9d8bda936f909c16b917ce9ff6.png

At the moment I just parted in that filed my current OSC release (an old 2.2.x) but I get an error as soon as it tries to retrieve the data. (Server: 0 , or some other times: Error while establishing connection: file_get_contents)

On top of that, also this field makes me think that there should be some sort of Auth token onto the old version?
OSCommerce secure key (please read Authentication topic of readme file into OSC bridge directory)

As an additional note, the Wiki page refers to a readme file which is not linked anywhere. I assume the same page IS the wiki, and the instructions refer to retrieving the secure token which I assume is the one automatically generated in the Import page of OSCV4.
The point is that it's not quite clear what should I do with it, once I have it, especially with the "web version" not the command version of the import.
Should I paste this key somewhere in my previous OSC release?
thanks again

Hi Francesco,

1. We have just updated the link for downloading the Data Importer file. It is now https://www.oscommerce.com/download/oscb153.zip.

2. Please refer to point 9 in the article https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Importing_Data_from_Older_osCommerce_Version_to_New_One

3. Please let us know what issues you face for us to check them further.

Best regards,

Ivan

Just to give an intermediate feedback - with the plugin download available all is much more clear.
If I could share a constructive feedback I would suggest to unify and clarify the readme and wiki page, there's a lot of back and forth between those 2.

That said while the plugin uploads with no problems and generates a SEC code as well, it seems like the new OSC is not able to access the bridge. 

Independently from the secure method selected, the error remains:

Error while establishing connection: file_get_contents(https://www.domain.com/public_html/imposc/index.php?): failed to open stream: operation failed

• Both OSCs are on the same virtual server
  • In the host PHP error Logs where OSC4 no errors are generated
  • In the destination "old" OSC host there's no access log that makes me think the connection is happening
  • of course "domain.com" is a fake domain I put in here

Is there a way I can self troubleshoot the issue? I noticed on the bridge's configure file there are some optional config parameters.
Thanks again for the support

Edited by Yak39

Hi Francesco,

You are welcome.

We checked and it looks like you indicate the wrong URL. It should be something like:

https://www.domain.com/imposc/index.php

Please open this link in the browser. After that you should get:

"Please check Authorization topic in readme file"

If it works as it should please also enter the following:

https://www.domain.com/imposc/index.php?r=site/status&key=YOUR-SECKEY

You should get something similar as per the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Ivan

int_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ivan Holbi said:

Hi Francesco,

You are welcome.

We checked and it looks like you indicate the wrong URL. It should be something like:

https://www.domain.com/imposc/index.php

Please open this link in the browser. After that you should get:

"Please check Authorization topic in readme file"

If it works as it should please also enter the following:

https://www.domain.com/imposc/index.php?r=site/status&key=YOUR-SECKEY

You should get something similar as per the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Ivan

int_1.jpg

Hi Ivan, thank you: the URL I put in here was a fake one, so some leftover were there, but the url inserted in the bridge field was correct.
So much so that I went on and the script in index.php returns the correct values expected.
I'm PM you the resulting log file. From a quick looks of it seems like my VPS has an IP filtering system active, even though both environments are residing as separate apps inside the same server.
If you confirm this, I'll have a look at my config and try to remove IP filtering.

Just to add, I have removed any blacklisted or potentially blocked IPs that could prevent the bridge query to work correctly cross site.
Despite this, there is no progress. Specifically, It seems like on OSC4's admin panel the script is not really querying the bridge placed in the old OSC release, as there is no evidence of access in the server's logs.

And about the URL query suggested, this is the result:
{"version":"1.53","count_order_status":"59","logs":[...]}

On 7/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, Ivan Holbi said:

Hi Francesco,

You are welcome.

Please make sure you correct the URL in the OscLink settings and provide us with the error from the link for us to check it further.

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Ivan, unfortunately the error remains the same, independently from any action taken (including having a look at yii file in the osc bridge). It just seems like that OSC4 is not even attempting to connect. 
"

Error while establishing connection: file_get_contents(https://www.carmimari.com/imposc/index.php?): failed to open stream: operation failed

1 hour ago, Yak39 said:

Hi Ivan, unfortunately the error remains the same, independently from any action taken (including having a look at yii file in the osc bridge). It just seems like that OSC4 is not even attempting to connect. 
"

Hi Francesco,

Try three tests:

1. Try to change OSCommerce secure method to another value and click save. What it is reporting?

2. Try to fully clear OSCommerce secure key field and click save. What it is reporting?

3. Try to change OSCommerce bridge URL field to https://oscommerce22.tllab.co.uk/oscb152/ and click save. What it is reporting?

Hi pandrei - thanks for the assist!
I see where you're going with this:
1- already tried the result is always the one reported above

2- the error is "secure key is empty" as it should

3- it gives a 401 back, evidently signifying it connects correctly to your address, but clearly is rejected due to the invalid key

So I'm guessing you're pointing me to check what's going on in the old OSC and its bridge..

Edited by Yak39

30 minutes ago, Yak39 said:

3- it gives a 401 back, evidently signifying it connects correctly to your address, but clearly is rejected due to the invalid key

It's a good news. So do yet another test:

Set OSCommerce bridge URL field as your server URL and OSCommerce secure key field as any digits like 111 and click save. What does it report?

3 minutes ago, pandrei said:

It's a good news. So do yet another test:

Set OSCommerce bridge URL field as your server URL and OSCommerce secure key field as any digits like 111 and click save. What does it report?

I get the same result as my previous post:

Error while establishing connection: file_get_contents(https://www.carmimari.com/imposc/index.php?): failed to open stream: operation failed

Just now, Yak39 said:

Error while establishing connection: file_get_contents(https://www.carmimari.com/imposc/index.php?😞 failed to open stream: operation failed

Hm. You should get 401 error as you did in the previous case.

When I enter your server and any digits I receive 401 - see the image

It seems the problem in blocked or filtered IP or something like that.

Image 1.png

6 minutes ago, pandrei said:

Hm. You should get 401 error as you did in the previous case.

When I enter your server and any digits I receive 401 - see the image

It seems the problem in blocked or filtered IP or something like that.

Image 1.png

Thank you for testing that.
My guess is that being both apps (the old OSC and the new) residing in 2 different instances of the same server, something goes wrong with either the absolute path, or the IP just mirroring itself.
I just wrote to tech support to verify this, but I find it a very odd behaviour. An app shoud still be able to access the other, especially on the same server, just by using relatives

29 minutes ago, Yak39 said:

My guess is that being both apps (the old OSC and the new) residing in 2 different instances of the same server, something goes wrong with either the absolute path, or the IP just mirroring itself.
I just wrote to tech support to verify this, but I find it a very odd behaviour. An app shoud still be able to access the other, especially on the same server, just by using relatives

You are right. Of course the new OSC must be able to access the old OSC at the same server. But using URL - is the legal and standard method to do it. Have no idea why your hosting provider denies to do that.

You can try OSCommerce hosting here (its free for 1 month): https://www.oscommerce.com/host-with-oscommerce