• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation osCommerce v4 Beta 2 - No Admin Page

herbsandhelpers

I had issues installing on a shared account also. Back end appears to be working but there is no front, customer, side at all. 404 page not found. Took three tries to get the install to work at all, first two froze and failed. 

Also, the back end appears to be very slow, taking quite a long time for each page to load.

Quite a large package compared to osC2.3.4! Looks like there is much more added to the system than I would ever need.

I did the installation now on my shared hosting account running php 8.0.15. There were no issues at all, other than a 404 notice on the last step, but then when you click complete, the Admin and the 2 demo shops are accessible.

Tip: If you have copied the installation zip package into a folder called, lets say test, on the 2nd or 3rd step it prompts you to enter the install location. Do not put /test here, leave it as /

Other than the step requiring you to configure the sales channels, there's no difference in installation between this and V2.

20 hours ago, GetSirius said:

I had issues installing on a shared account also. Back end appears to be working but there is no front, customer, side at all. 404 page not found. Took three tries to get the install to work at all, first two froze and failed. 

Also, the back end appears to be very slow, taking quite a long time for each page to load.

Quite a large package compared to osC2.3.4! Looks like there is much more added to the system than I would ever need.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Could you please PM us, for us to investigate how it performs there. Thanks!

21 hours ago, GetSirius said:

Snap, it goes through the motions and fails on the last part of the installation ie I don't get an installation complete although the files appear to be present along with the updated database

1 hour ago, Hotclutch said:

Tip: If you have copied the installation zip package into a folder called, lets say test, on the 2nd or 3rd step it prompts you to enter the install location. Do not put /test here, leave it as /

Thank you Hotclutch. I did not enter the same folder name (test in your example) but did enter a name (/shop) thinking the store would be located at /test/shop. 

Just re-installed leaving the install location as is and it appears to be working now. Also, it does not load painfully slow as the failed install did. I did get the 404 error message while installing.

PHP-Version    7.4.27 

well at 10Gb there is enough space on the shared platform.

I cant for the life of me get it installed and working at all, and I suspect it is probably  the allocation of resources isn't adequate, even though I have tried.

This may explain why i get as far as  entering the details for admin, but get nothing at all other than a complete error message, but its only after trying to complete the final step.

Edited by MadWayne

Hello Team,

@osCommerce-Official

I have been able to install this after 2 tries. Can you guys please post

1. Sample working .HTACCESS file (catalog side)

2. Sample working .HTACCESS file (admin side)

3. Sample working CONFIGURE.PHP file (catalog side)

4. Sample working CONFIGURE.PHP file (admin side)

@herbsandhelpers

Lorraine: What ftp client are you using?. Because of how large the files and folders are, a non-commercial ftp might skip a few files without your knowledge. I will advise that you try FILEZILLA and even with filezilla try uploading the files a folder at a time. Try it. Thank you

This isnt going to be for me as it stands  just seems like I was told privately bloated patched copy of TrueLoaded and Loaded7 Commerce

Wish you all the best with this but for now I am out, so will continue my quest for something that better fits my needs

I had to contact my host technical support to figure this out. The total install package is approx 450MB. The folders watch and furniture inside of the install folder, as I was told are not actual folders, they are symbolic links. It would have been nice if the developing team could have clarified this to me, because it can't be a mystery to them.

So the V4 is not going to be usable to me in the short term, it's too unconventional for me.

7 hours ago, MadWayne said:

... like I was told privately bloated patched copy of TrueLoaded and Loaded7 Commerce

The community should be aware that there are a group of people attempting to run osCommerce down for their own financial interest. They do this by sending unsolicited PMs. The fact that the new version may be a reworked version of "Trueloaded" is not a problem in itself, unless you know what Trueloaded is, which I don't, and I doubt many people here do either. People can still give the offering a chance, and if it works for them then that's fine.

Indeed it wouldn’t be but it isn’t OSC that is for sure when you take a look.

it seems to be resource heavy and not convinced it be at all suitable for the masses like OSC was.

I have sent some error logs for investigation but it isn’t going to be for us

Thank you all for your comments. 

osCommerce of the old is ... old and shall really stay there. 

osCommerce is going live shortly with the new code base. Allowing more solutions and features than ever before. Allowing businesses to grow, allowing developers to develop and prosper. 

This is our approach to reviving of osCommerce and everyone is welcome to join in. 

Yes I’ve always used FileZilla and regularly update it. In the same environment old OSC and Phoenix version installed fine. After about 10 tries with new OSC4 I can’t get it to work. Everything completes successfully but no data is written to the configure files and I can’t move beyond splash screens. Key point there’s no Admin at all.

id really like to start setting up and exploring so disappointing. Not prepared to try again until issues fixed.

Lorraine 

58 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Yes I’ve always used FileZilla and regularly update it. In the same environment old OSC and Phoenix version installed fine. After about 10 tries with new OSC4 I can’t get it to work. Everything completes successfully but no data is written to the configure files and I can’t move beyond splash screens. Key point there’s no Admin at all.

id really like to start setting up and exploring so disappointing. Not prepared to try again until issues fixed.

Lorraine 

Maybe you have a permissions problem.

Again I don't know, maybe I can ask my hosting company if they can see anything. Just had a go on the development version on their server and it's marvellous! I really can't wait to have it all up and running. So many things automatically configured that previously would have needed an app etc. 

For installation I use a totally blank folder as you say it all goes swimmingly until you press the final button and error message then nothing but a splash screen.

Anyway now I've got access to a working version I can start looking up the manual ...

Lorraine

No, as the hosting company got it to work in that they could use it but I couldn't which is strange enough.

I don't know what is different  but something clearly is, tried vpns, and several different browsers and several different operating systems and whilst they were able to show it working on there pc I cant get it to work on mine and that is installed on my domain that i am using.

something is amiss at the moment i would settle to be able to access it like my hosting company can......

7 minutes ago, MadWayne said:

No, as the hosting company got it to work in that they could use it but I couldn't which is strange enough.

I don't know what is different  but something clearly is, tried vpns, and several different browsers and several different operating systems and whilst they were able to show it working on there pc I cant get it to work on mine and that is installed on my domain that i am using.

something is amiss at the moment i would settle to be able to access it like my hosting company can......

If you PM me all the details to do an install,  I will take a look from my side.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...