• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation osCommerce v4 Beta 2 - No Admin Page

herbsandhelpers

I got positive messages throughout the installation and all seemed to go well except I can't get beyond splash screens and no admin. All I get with most links is Page Not Found. I've tried to access the feedback but it takes too long to load. Can anyone shed light on why I can't move from splash to anything else? How do I access the admin dashboard? Mystery! Very excited to be getting this far though.

Lorraine

On 1/27/2022 at 4:44 AM, herbsandhelpers said:

I got positive messages throughout the installation and all seemed to go well except I can't get beyond splash screens and no admin. All I get with most links is Page Not Found. I've tried to access the feedback but it takes too long to load. Can anyone shed light on why I can't move from splash to anything else? How do I access the admin dashboard? Mystery! Very excited to be getting this far though.

Lorraine

Lorraine check to see if the .htaccess file was written properly. Mine was written to all one line.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

I've tried a number of installs now, with different combinations and had mostly errors post-installation. Try the following:

• Begin the zip extraction from your www or public_html (webroot) directory.
  • Start installation from your browser and specify / as the starting point, not for example /catalog
  • Specify Test for the Sales Channel and name it Test
  • Do not add a suffix on the URL
  • Include the demo data

It won't give you a production ready site but does appear to set things up to be in a usable state.

Additionally, check file and directory permissions are suitable for your environment - mine were set 'potty' during initial extraction and post installation. This can cause a 500 error at the worst, and error log warnings..

SoftException in Application.cpp:249: File "/home/osc4osc/public_html/index.php" is writeable by group

HTH

Edited by ejsolutions
more info

Okay so I deleted all files including htaccess and tried again. I got exactly the same result:

No errors except to clear database

A bit longer to get to admin password, but exactly the same, no admin.

I don't know what to do? I've never had any issues installing the previous OSCommerce. Why does it keep failing?

Lorraine

1 minute ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Yes but there’s no admin, I can get the splash page, go to a page but none of the links work.

How can I install? I don’t know why it keeps falling?

I’d really like to be checking out all the new features and getting it ready!?!!?

Lorraine

There seem to be a configuration peculiarity that is affecting the back end URL. Will message you now. 

Hi,

I've had the same problems when I tried to install on a shared hosting into a subfolder like /shop. The problem is with not writing the rewrite base entries in both .htaccess files, only after entering the correct rewrite base values I could access the splash and the admin. No luck with watches and furniture though. 

Another question  maybe a dumb one: What are the symlinks for?

And a litlte note: I hope the name of the admin folder will be changeable on install in the future for security reasons.

Kind regards

Christoph

Edited by beerbee

Hello,

Ive sent my current server environment screenshots on php 7.4.25 where shopBlank is located. I hope this helps to solve my installation issue. The configure files don’t get written.

I’ve never had any issues installing either OSC or Phoenix before in the same environment as you can see from the screenshots.

Lorraine 

20 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Hello,

Ive sent my current server environment screenshots on php 7.4.25 where shopBlank is located. I hope this helps to solve my installation issue. The configure files don’t get written.

I’ve never had any issues installing either OSC or Phoenix before in the same environment as you can see from the screenshots.

Lorraine 

Lorraine, we are looking into it. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

12 hours ago, MadWayne said:

had a look at the pre installed version and had issues with it.

would love to install it on my own srever and see how it behaves.

whats the minimum requirements

Wayne, will send you download link. Manual is always available here:

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Had another look at installing this several times today and whilst the database populates and the files get extracted cant access admin or see the shop front either.

Can anyone give us a quick guide on the process to be followed as I get pretty much no errors until I try and login to admin or try and view the shop front

Thanks

Edited by MadWayne

Hello,

Do you look the documentation : https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Installing_osCommerce_v.4.0

Osc v4 is more appropriate on dedicated server, Tested on my local ubuntu and with IspConfig ubuntu server (OVH), work fine
tested in this moent on Cpanel, I have a problem on the last step. On Cpanel, maybe with different hoster you can have some restrictions. I do not know if other people can share their experiences and if successful, share your Cpanel configuration to allow the people to test on their side.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

On the installation page where it shows "Complete the Installation", you have to scroll down and click the button. I doubt that this is the problem based on all that has been said here but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons