• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Confirmation mail sometimes not sent to shop owner

paul36

Hi,

We use Oscommerce version 2.3.4 (latest version according to the check built in). Our shop owner uses his email to handle orders. The orders are numbered in the subject line, like order 1372. But sometimes he misses a number. We then login to our shop and out an order has been made. Why do sometimes miss order confirmation mails?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Latest osC version is 2.3.4.1

In Admin, try to see if there is a pattern with the email addresses for the order confirmations not received, like if they all gmail adresses etc.

I had a similar problem a while back although i received all order confirmation emails, it was the order updates that were bouncing back in my case. You can see if this thread and the ones referenced in it helps you out:

On 12/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, paul36 said:

Hi,

We use Oscommerce version 2.3.4 (latest version according to the check built in). Our shop owner uses his email to handle orders. The orders are numbered in the subject line, like order 1372. But sometimes he misses a number. We then login to our shop and out an order has been made. Why do sometimes miss order confirmation mails?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Yours could be anything...check the spam folder? but check with the server logs and possible to confirm the confirmation email was indeed sent? the logs may contain errors too...

On 12/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, Hotclutch said:

Latest osC version is 2.3.4.1

In Admin, try to see if there is a pattern with the email addresses for the order confirmations not received, like if they all gmail adresses etc.

I had a similar problem a while back although i received all order confirmation emails, it was the order updates that were bouncing back in my case. You can see if this thread and the ones referenced in it helps you out:

So was the from field indeed had multiple addresses?

Archived