• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal 4X, Modify Paypal IPN for a 4X payment

tahitipearls

They off two options for that: one is to display a message and the other is to accept payment. I made the changes for them a month or so ago but had problems. The message would only partially work, or not at all. I contact paypal and they said it was not supported in my area. I'm in the US and found that hard to believe so I had them escalate the ticket. The response was the same.

Regarding the payment, that did work but I don't think it is really meant, or a good idea, for a shop. The way it works is that it adds a paypal button to each product page. When the button is clicked the customer is taken to paypal to pay for it. But what happens when they get back to the site and want to buy something else? They have to go through the same process again. This makes it useless in my opinion, unless a site only sales one product. But even then, there is nothing to tie that purchase to the orders code in oscommerce. It could be done but would be a big job for little gain so it isn't something I recommend.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OK. That's a little different. You are wanting a payment module instead of an option to pay on a product page. That should be possible if Paypal allows it at your location. As mentioned, they told me it wasn't available in the US but maybe they have changed that now. It would be difficult to create a module that can't be tested so you will need to find someone where that service is available. Payment modules are costly to have developed so unless your site has a lot of orders, you may not recover the cost of the module for some time.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons