• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce v4 Beta 1

osCommerce v4 Beta 1 has been made available to a limited number of first reviewers today.

We will work with the feedback we receive over the next couple of weeks, and will release Beta 2 to registered Beta-testers in early December 2021.

Want to become a Beta tester? Contact us via the main website to register your interest now and receive access to Beta 2 in December!

Providing we continue to receive reasonable feedback from the Beta testers we are looking to launch osCommerce v4 in early 2022.

The wait is over!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,
First, nice work :)
Now let's start with the testers I hope you will have nice feedback.
Congratulation for your work

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

7 minutes ago, puddlec said:

not true Oscommerce, just a rubbish fork of it, that nobody uses

Would like to suggest that you try the new osCommerce when it is available in January before posting such comments :)

Oscommerce v4 is a modern day Ecommerce platform for real business. 

7 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Would like to suggest that you try the new osCommerce when it is available in January before posting such comments :)

Oscommerce v4 is a modern day Ecommerce platform for real business. 

no such thing as OSCommerce v4, like I just explained to you. just admit it. everyone else knows what you have done.

you just brought the name, for your little fork, then trying to pass that off as OSCommerce , how sad and pathetic.

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

5 minutes ago, puddlec said:

no such thing as OSCommerce v4, like I just explained to you. just admit it. everyone else knows what you have done.

you just brought the name, for your little fork, then trying to pass that off as OSCommerce , how sad and pathetic.

Craig,

osCommerce v2 is dead. Development stopped many many years ago, unfortunately. 

OsCommerce v4 is a new solution based not on the fork but a platform developed from scratch and used by multiple businesses globally. 

You can either embrace it or ignore it, but be factual about it, please. 

You were offered a phone conversation, and a meeting to do a demo, which you didn't respond to. The offer still stands and we will be happy to discuss it with you. 

2 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Craig,

osCommerce v2 is dead. Development stopped many many years ago, unfortunately. 

OsCommerce v4 is a new solution based not on the fork but a platform developed from scratch and used by multiple businesses globally. 

You can either embrace it or ignore it, but be factual about it, please. 

You were offered a phone conversation, and a meeting to do a demo, which you didn't respond to. The offer still stands and we will be happy to discuss it with you. 

Wrong once again, the so called v4 is trueloaded a fork of oscommerce, you even got true loaded images on the oscommerce wiki.
Maybe you should also mention all the lies and broken promises you made to Harold, if you wanted to be factual

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Oscommerce v4 is not a fork of osCommerce v2. It is a brand new solution made for modern day use. In the past it was called trueloaded. There were no promises to any previous owners of osCommerce, and especially no lies as, being business professionals, we don't lie. That's the end of your comments here. 

14 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Oscommerce v4 is not a fork of osCommerce v2. It is a brand new solution made for modern day use. In the past it was called trueloaded. There were no promises to any previous owners of osCommerce, and especially no lies as, being business professionals, we don't lie. That's the end of your comments here. 

Is the v4 very heavily reliant on JavaScript?

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

3 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Let us send you the invite to the Beta 1 to try it!

I've sent requests twice to see it - once recently and once when it was first announced. Never was approved for some reason. I'm curious why the secrecy? It seems to me that the more people having access to it, the better the testing would be. Is it a marketing ploy, or something like that? It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

37 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I've sent requests twice to see it - once recently and once when it was first announced. Never was approved for some reason. I'm curious why the secrecy? It seems to me that the more people having access to it, the better the testing would be. Is it a marketing ploy, or something like that? It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Hi Jack,

Will try to send you an invite for Beta 1, and will definitely send one for Beta 2. There is no secrecy whatsoever, but we need to be cautious of the number of people testing it, as otherwise we may be overwhelmed by the all the feedback and comments. Please bear with us while we are working on rolling v4 out. 

what does that mean ? oscommerce is no longer Released under the GNU General Public License ?

<a href="http://www.holbi.co.uk/terms-service" target="_blank">Terms and Conditions</a> and this <a href="http://www.holbi.co.uk/disclaimer" target="_blank">Disclaimer</a>

16 minutes ago, YePix said:

what does that mean ? oscommerce is no longer Released under the GNU General Public License ?

<a href="http://www.holbi.co.uk/terms-service" target="_blank">Terms and Conditions</a> and this <a href="http://www.holbi.co.uk/disclaimer" target="_blank">Disclaimer</a>

Please refer to the terms and conditions and license as per the installation - which is GNU GPL - the rest of it will be updated accordingly before the launch. 

Hi

I've requested to be on the beta test and heard nothing. As one of the original developers of osCMax and having used osCommerce since it's earliest days I'd like to be able to try it. Please can you send me a beta 1 invite?

Thanks

Mark

Hello @mfleeson,

Some people selected test the solution to help the team to resolve some points. Please be patient as all the others.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

On 11/18/2021 at 3:09 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Hi Jack,

Will try to send you an invite for Beta 1, and will definitely send one for Beta 2. There is no secrecy whatsoever, but we need to be cautious of the number of people testing it, as otherwise we may be overwhelmed by the all the feedback and comments. Please bear with us while we are working on rolling v4 out. 

I've sent requests more than once to become betatester but never got contacted.

I also requested to be a beta-tester from day one and never was contacted. Makes me wonder who these beta-testers are. I also wonder if these super secret beta-testers will share any information with the rest of this "open source" community.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

We have received multiple requests from various members of this esteemed community. However we gave the first Beta to a very, very limited number of people as we just could not afford to be overwhelmed with the feedback at this stage. Current feedback is being processed and new Beta, Beta 2 will follow in early December. Beta 2 will be made available to all those who registered their interest via the Contact Us form of the main osCommerce website. We thank everyone for their enthusiasm and assistance!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 3:14 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

We have received multiple requests from various members of this esteemed community. However we gave the first Beta to a very, very limited number of people as we just could not afford to be overwhelmed with the feedback at this stage. Current feedback is being processed and new Beta, Beta 2 will follow in early December. Beta 2 will be made available to all those who registered their interest via the Contact Us form of the main osCommerce website. We thank everyone for their enthusiasm and assistance!

I registered via the contact form and didnt get anything yet and you said in another post your on Beta 2

1 hour ago, aisonet said:

I registered via the contact form and didnt get anything yet and you said in another post your on Beta 2

Thanks for your interest in osCommerce v4!

Beta 2 is due to be released soon, and all registered testers will receive the installation. 

Archived