• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce v4 Beta 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@osCommerce-Official  I know -  we received the mail this morning - Thank you! Will test later.

But nevertheless - if one is able to browse around on a life demo - it might give more enthusiasm and ideas what to expect. And hopefuly convince more Beta-testers to step in. Maybe you can imagine quite a few former osC users are a bit sceptical considering what happened to osC the last years ...

Just a thought!

"Feedback is a gift" 🙂

3 minutes ago, azpro said:

@osCommerce-Official  💪 ... Good work! This Demo will definitely bring some good vibes!

Thanks! :)

Will continue sending out Beta 2 links to the registered Beta testers, and will make an announcement tomorrow. Will also try to re-do the demo to allow access to the back end.

• 2 weeks later...

"You are out of your mind. I run that software and it is very solid. Have been running it for years with lots of additions."

lmao!,.. says the POS troll who joined osC forums 5 minutes before posting that bullshit! Hahaha!

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 3:25 AM, user_lambda said:

Oscommerce was traditionally a "lightweight" solution (thats the reason I personally have choosen it).

If I get it right, that will be no more the case, as you are developping to challenge the "top competitors".

Will it be a heavy "gaz plant" which will include all possible ecommerce tools available today ?

I guess the "lightweight" caracteristic (and surely others) of Oscommerce as we knew it comes to an end, right? (Nothing bad in this, of course, is just about business... ).

We want lightweight and we want features OOTB so it's gonna be one or the other. To be honest, what's lightweight anymore if a mobile device easily has couple GB...

Archived