• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App with osCommerce 2.2-MS2

bholiand

• 4 weeks later...

The capital letters in the left column (last entry) indicate the addon isn't installed correctly. Be sure you made the change to the admin application_top file and that you used the correct code (it's different than the code for the shop side). Also make sure you have uploaded all of the files into the includes/hooks/admin/ directory (shop side).

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I checked everything again but still not working.

In the documentation under "legacy changes":

Zitat

Only the changes in (1) are required to add the PayPal App links to the Administration
Tool.

1. Administration Tool App Setup
I did this but still not working.

Zitat

The capital letters in the left column (last entry) indicate the addon isn't installed correctly.

The text "MODULES_ADMIN_MENU_PAYPAL_HEADING" appears when i add "include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'paypal.php');" to myadmin/includes/column_left.php.

How can i install the app?

If I click under modules -> PayPal Payments Standard on "install" or Manage App i always get to the same page (picture above) and nothing happens.
Only the get parameter change in the URL

• admin/paypal.php?action=start&subaction=process&type=live
  • admin/paypal.php?action=start&subaction=process&type=sandbox
  • admin/paypal.php?action=credentials

Under "Minimum Requirements" it says
"PayPal App - The PayPal App can be used from osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2RC2a (2008) onwards, and is optimized for and bundled with v2.3.5."

I see the following modules:

1. PayPal Express Checkout
  2. PayPal, Lastschrift, Kreditkarte oder Rechnung
  3. PayPal Payments Pro (Direct Payment)
  4. PayPal Payments Pro (Hosted Solution)
  5. PayPal Payments Standard
  6. PayPal

1 hour ago, bholiand said:

1. Administration Tool App Setup
I did this but still not working.

There are a number of other changes you missed if this is the only one you did. The instructions can be difficult to follow due to all of the version checks. But there are at least five steps, as I recall, required to install the app into an older shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Zitat

But there are at least five steps, as I recall, required to install the app into an older shop.

Can you help me with the steps?

I did the following:

1. I downloaded the full paypal app (app-paypal-5_010)
  2. After extracting the App package, I copied the files located in the catalog directory to my shop.
  3. I followed the insctructions on page 45: "1. Administration Tool App Setup" and "2. Hooks for the Administration Tool and Catalog".
  4. I skipped "3. Administration Tool Order Administration Page" since I dont need the new order page.
  5. I did "4. Public CA Certificate Bundle" and uploaded the file.

Than it says on page 47:

Zitat

When the files have been copied to their appropriate locations and the Legacy
Changes have been performed, a new PayPal navigation menu box will show in the
Administration Tool. The first time the App is run, it automatically configures itself and
migrates older module configuration parameters to the App parameters, and checks if
an online update is available.

I do see the new PayPal navigation menu box and can open the page. But nothing happens when I click on a buttons or open the page.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Jack_mcs:

Did you make the changes to the two application_top files and the order class file?

application_top files: yes (its optional as well)

order.php: no (its optional)
The order.php should not effect the installation process at all.

I think you may be misreading the instructions, which is easy to do. For example, changes to the application_top files are not optional for your version of oscommerce.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Jack_mcs:

I think you may be misreading the instructions, which is easy to do. For example, changes to the application_top files are not optional for your version of oscommerce.

Can I hire you for a screenshare session? I think this might be more effective. Please send me a PM.