• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

None Customer Notified message appearing in order history

Hi all using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE and what I am seeking to change to when you make a note on an order and deselect the checkbox on Notify Customer:  the notes still appear for the customer when they logon and go to My Order History -> View

Seeking to have notes flagged as "Notify Customer:" = No to not show up in My Order History -> View

Thanks Troy

Yeah, that's one of the many issues that have never been fixed with this software. There's also the issue of the customer's initial order comments displayed as an order status update.

Unless, someone knows of an addon that addresses this problem, this is a custom code job. It's not a difficult job but one that adds some SQL and some PHP code to separate admin-related (internal) comments from customer-related comments, and where they display.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

I wonder what the name AMBASADOR means when someone has absolutely no idea about osCommerce. Let alone the source code. Ok, anyway. With a small if query, simply switch off the instruction at the appropriate point, the comments and the customer no longer gets to see the texts

find in account_history_info:

$statuses_query =

add:

, osh.customer_notified

and with the little if statement you can control the output.

if ($statuses['customer_notified'] == '1'){ xxxxx }

As simple as that.

@YePix You are right, I am not a programmer, only a store owner. I think the AMBASADOR come from either being a long time member or I made a donation. Can't remember to be honest

Can you please let me know where the if statement goes

$statuses_query = tep_db_query("select os.orders_status_name, osh.date_added, osh.comments, osh.customer_notified from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " osh where osh.orders_id = '" . (int)$_GET['order_id'] . "' and osh.orders_status_id = os.orders_status_id and os.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and os.public_flag = '1' order by osh.date_added");
      while ($statuses = tep_db_fetch_array($statuses_query)) {

I think the AMBASADOR come from either being a long time member or I made a donation.

The “Ambassador” label is given out as a pseudo “award” label for getting conned into donating money to D-Bag’s beer fund. It has nothing to do with programming knowledge or the longevity of being an osC group member.

The project you are looking to do is slightly more involved than what was mentioned prior. As I see it, you need two new columns added to the orders table. One called something like admin_flag, which will be set to either “0” or “false” as the default for customer-seen comments such as order-status comments. This is just an identifier. And, another column as a text field called something like admin_comments.

You then need to add the HTML code for the type of comment selection (customer OR admin only) via two toggle buttons in the /admin/orders.php page. From there you also need to add the Update case code to identify where the comment should be saved. And, you need to add these fields to the same page via SQL to retrieve the comments for each order on that same /admin/orders.php page.

Then, you need to add more HTML on that page to add another column to the section that displays all of the status updates for a specific order, where the admin comments will be displayed. In the code, this is inside of the loop.

After that you have to add SQL and PHP code to the account_history_info.php page to restrict retrieval of comments for the customer to view (again, inside of the loop).

There may be more to it than this, but this is what comes to mind as a bird’s eye view of making this feature.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

import with phpMyAdmin:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function)
VALUES ('Hide the comments on account history info', 'HIDE_STATUSES_COMMENTS_FOR_CUSTOMER_INFO', 'Yes', 'Hide or show the comments on account history info ?', '1', '805', now(), NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'),');

account_history_info.php

find:

echo '<li>';
        echo '  <div class="timeline-badge"><i class="fa fa-check-square-o"></i></div>';
        echo '  <div class="timeline-panel">';
        echo '    <div class="timeline-heading">';
        echo '      <p class="pull-right"><small class="text-muted"><i class="fa fa-clock-o"></i> ' . tep_date_short($statuses['date_added']) . '</small></p><h2 class="timeline-title">' . $statuses['orders_status_name'] . '</h2>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '    <div class="timeline-body">';
        echo '      <p>' . (empty($statuses['comments']) ? '&nbsp;' : '<blockquote>' . nl2br(tep_output_string_protected($statuses['comments'])) . '</blockquote>') . '</p>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '  </div>';
        echo '</li>';
      }

and change to:

if (HIDE_STATUSES_COMMENTS_FOR_CUSTOMER_INFO == 'No'){
        echo '<li>';
        echo '  <div class="timeline-badge"><i class="fa fa-check-square-o"></i></div>';
        echo '      <p class="pull-right"><small class="text-muted"><i class="fa fa-clock-o"></i> ' . tep_date_short($statuses['date_added']) . '</small></p><h2 class="timeline-title">' . $statuses['orders_status_name'] . '</h2>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '      <p>' . (empty($statuses['comments']) ? ' ' : '<blockquote>' . nl2br(tep_output_string_protected($statuses['comments'])) . '</blockquote>') . '</p>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '  </div>';
        echo '</li>';
      }
}

In configuration of the shop you find the selection menue "Hide the comments on account history info"

www.YOUR-DOMAIN-NAME.COM/admin/configuration.php?gID=1

or if you can't do anything with phpMyAdmin:

insert in account_history_info.php - after:   require('includes/template_top.php');

if (!defined('HIDE_STATUSES_COMMENTS_FOR_CUSTOMER_INFO')) {
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, set_function) values ('', 'Hide the comments on account history info', 'HIDE_STATUSES_COMMENTS_FOR_CUSTOMER_INFO','Yes','Hide or show the comments on account history info ?',1,805,now(),'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'),' )");
}

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Demitry:

The “Ambassador” label is given out as a pseudo “award” label for getting conned into donating money to D-Bag’s beer fund. It has nothing to do with programming knowledge or the longevity of being an osC group member.

The project you are looking to do is slightly more involved than what was mentioned prior. As I see it, you need two new columns added to the orders table. One called something like admin_flag, which will be set to either “0” or “false” as the default for customer-seen comments such as order-status comments. This is just an identifier. And, another column as a text field called something like admin_comments.

You then need to add the HTML code for the type of comment selection (customer OR admin only) via two toggle buttons in the /admin/orders.php page. From there you also need to add the Update case code to identify where the comment should be saved. And, you need to add these fields to the same page via SQL to retrieve the comments for each order on that same /admin/orders.php page.

Then, you need to add more HTML on that page to add another column to the section that displays all of the status updates for a specific order, where the admin comments will be displayed. In the code, this is inside of the loop.

After that you have to add SQL and PHP code to the account_history_info.php page to restrict retrieval of comments for the customer to view (again, inside of the loop).

There may be more to it than this, but this is what comes to mind as a bird’s eye view of making this feature.

He would like to hide the status message and the texts for customers. Why easy when it can be more complicated?

@YePix

Your solution when enabled hides all customer-related comments from displaying on the account history info page.  You could just as well comment-out the entire while loop for status updates.

More so, as soon as you disable that database control feature, all previously hidden comments will display for all customers and for all of their orders.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

Yes that's true. I wonder why no one offers him the solution. It takes about 30 minutes to make it happen. Everyone here just tries to make money out of little things instead of helping. This attitude of this forum is just regrettable.

If it is not so, I ask you directly why you @Demitry are spreading such theories here instead of posting the solution?

Ps. If no one should post a solution within 1 day, my statement is 100% correct and I will send you the finished solution by private message. The solution includes the activation or blocking of comments for each individual customer.

@YePix

I'm not spreading any theories. That's ridiculous and laughable.

If you have an osCommerce site, then you should be at the least semi-technical or have access to someone who is. 

I provided help in the form of a bird's eye view of what would be required to separate customer-seen comments and internal admin comments on an order.

Writing the code to achieve this feature requirement and then testing it, takes significantly more than 30 minutes. If you think that it's a 30-minute job, then by all means, stop complaining and write the code solution.

Personally, I limit my free work to my many osC contributions and things that I will actually use on my site. 

This isn't a competition and if Troy likes your solution, then I hope that he uses it, and it solves his issue.

here is the version for individual customers. Install the previous variant first. with this you can block the comments and status for all customers. Then the new one here. with this you can also block the status and comments for individual customers. Kind regards.

phpMyAdmin
add sql:
ALTER TABLE `orders_status_history` ADD `comments_status` INT(1) NOT NULL ;

or this:
ALTER TABLE `orders_status_history` ADD `comments_status` INT(1) NOT NULL AFTER `comments`; 

######################################

admin/languages/orders.php

add:

define('ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS_STATUS', 'Comments status:');
define('COMMENTS_STATUS_ON', 'Comments on:');
define('COMMENTS_STATUS_OFF', 'Comments off:');

admin/orders.php

find:

$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['comments']);

add after:

$comments_status = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['comments_status']);

find:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

add after:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " set comments_status = '" . tep_db_input($comments_status) . "', comments_status = '" . tep_db_input($comments_status) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

find:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments) . "')");

change to:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments, comments_status) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments_status)  . "')");

find:

<tr>
        <td><?php echo ENTRY_STATUS; ?></td>
        <td><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', $orders_statuses, $order->info['orders_status']); ?></td>
      </tr>

add after:

<td><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS_STATUS; ?></td>
        <td><?php 
    $comments_status_query = tep_db_query("select comments_status from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");
    $c_status = tep_db_fetch_array($comments_status_query);
    $comments_status = $c_status['comments_status'];

if (isset($comments_status)) {
      $cm_status_on = ($comments_status == '1') ? true : false;
    } else {
    }
    $cm_status_off = !$cm_status_on;

echo tep_draw_radio_field('comments_status', '1', $cm_status_on) . '  ' . COMMENTS_STATUS_OFF . '  ' . tep_draw_radio_field('comments_status', '0', $cm_status_off) . '  ' . COMMENTS_STATUS_ON; ?></td>
      </tr>

account_history_info.php

find:

$statuses_query = tep_db_query("select os.orders_status_name, osh.date_added, osh.comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " osh where osh.orders_id = '" . (int)$_GET['order_id'] . "' and osh.orders_status_id = os.orders_status_id and os.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and os.public_flag = '1' order by osh.date_added");

change to:

$statuses_query = tep_db_query("select os.orders_status_name, osh.date_added, osh.comments, osh.comments_status from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " osh where osh.orders_id = '" . (int)$_GET['order_id'] . "' and osh.orders_status_id = os.orders_status_id and os.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and os.public_flag = '1' order by osh.date_added");

, osh.comments_status

find:

echo '<li>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '      <p>' . (empty($statuses['comments']) ? ' ' : '<blockquote>' . nl2br(tep_output_string_protected($statuses['comments'])) . '</blockquote>') . '</p>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '  </div>';
        echo '</li>';
      }
}

change to:

if ($statuses['comments_status'] == '0'){
        echo '<li>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '    </div>';
        echo '  </div>';
        echo '</li>';
      }
   }
}

#############################################

As you can see @Demitry it is already online.

So much for the very complicated topic and longer than 30 minutes.

To everyone here in the forum.
A little more support would be called for instead of pulling the money out of the pockets of the people for every little pups work.
With more complicated contribs that's ok, but with little things it's a shame for everyone here who theorises a lot and basically has no idea or twisted the facts.

That's for Troy to test it. I don't have his osC version set up, nor the interest to install and test a modification that I don't need.

Then install this. Is another extension to see the comment status in the list. You can now use it to block all previous comments.

admin/languages/orders.php

find:

define('COMMENTS_STATUS_ON', 'Comments on:');
define('COMMENTS_STATUS_OFF', 'Comments off:');

change to:

define('COMMENTS_STATUS_ON', 'This comments on:');
define('COMMENTS_STATUS_OFF', 'This comments off:');
define('COMMENTS_STATUS_ALL', 'All comments off:');
define('COMMENTS_NOW_STATUS_ON', 'Comment on');
define('COMMENTS_NOW_STATUS_OFF', 'Comment off');

################################

admin/orders.php

find:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " set comments_status = '" . tep_db_input($comments_status) . "', comments_status = '" . tep_db_input($comments_status) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

change to:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " set comments_status = '" . tep_db_input($comments_status) . "', comments_status = '" . tep_db_input($comments_status) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "' and date_added = now()");
        if ($_POST['comments_status'] == '2'){
        }

find:

if (isset($comments_status)) {
    } else {
    }
    $cm_status_off = !$cm_status_on;

change to:

if (!isset($comments_status));
    switch ($comments_status) {
      case '0': $cm_status_on = false; $cm_status_off = false; $cm_status_all = true; break;
      case '1': $cm_status_on = true; $cm_status_off = false; $cm_status_all = false; break;
      case '2': $cm_status_on = false; $cm_status_off = true; $cm_status_all = false; break;
      default: $cm_status_on = false; $cm_status_off = false; $cm_status_all = true;
    }

find:

echo tep_draw_radio_field('comments_status', '1', $cm_status_on) . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . COMMENTS_STATUS_OFF . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . tep_draw_radio_field('comments_status', '0', $cm_status_off) . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . COMMENTS_STATUS_ON; ?></td>

change to:

echo tep_draw_radio_field('comments_status', '2', $cm_status_all) . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . COMMENTS_STATUS_ALL . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . tep_draw_radio_field('comments_status', '1', $cm_status_on) . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . COMMENTS_STATUS_OFF . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . tep_draw_radio_field('comments_status', '0', $cm_status_off) . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . COMMENTS_STATUS_ON; ?></td>

find:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><strong><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></strong></td>

add after:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><strong><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS_STATUS; ?></strong></td>

find:

$orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "' order by date_added desc");

change to:

$orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments, comments_status from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "' order by date_added desc");

find:

while ($orders_history = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_history_query)) {

add after:

if ($orders_history['comments_status'] == 0){ $cs = COMMENTS_NOW_STATUS_ON;}
if ($orders_history['comments_status'] == 1){ $cs = COMMENTS_NOW_STATUS_OFF;}
if ($orders_history['comments_status'] == 2){ $cs = COMMENTS_NOW_STATUS_OFF;}

find:

'        <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . nl2br(tep_db_output($orders_history['comments'])) . '&nbsp;</td>' . "\n" .

add after:

'        <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $cs . '&nbsp;</td>' . "\n" .

@YePix Much appreciated for looking in to this for me, I will try to give this a go this week and report back as I would say I would not be the only one seeking this option.

Just to clarify, I am only wanting to hide the comments where we have selected not to send an email.

@SCH_001

hi Troy,

Ok, so I thought you wanted to have separate admin comments for order updates that are not emailed or viewed by the customer, but according to your clarification, all you want is to not have certain order update comments emailed to the customer or have them see these same comments on their account history info page.

This is a much simpler code modification. However, you will still see your comments in the admin panel for a particular order and not know if they were meant to display for the customer or not. Though this can always be an additional modification.

To do this you just need three things:

1) You need a line of SQL: a new column added to the orders history status table. This is just a flag identifier.

2) You then need to add that identifier as PHP code to designate whether the order status update comment is not to be mailed to the customer in the /admin/order.php file.

3) And you need that identifier to be retrieved in the account history info page with some SQL and PHP code to exclude the hidden order update comments when displaying them for the customer.

Really easy modification, but I will let Petduhrrr write it for you, since it only took him 5 hours (Not 30 minutes! ..yeah, the messages are time-stamped, lol! ..smh), to write that last mess of code that still misses two main parts of the modification. Good luck!

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Demitry:

@SCH_001

hi Troy,

Ok, so I thought you wanted to have separate admin comments for order updates that are not emailed or viewed by the customer, but according to your clarification, all you want is to not have certain order update comments emailed to the customer or have them see these same comments on their account history info page.

This is a much simpler code modification. However, you will still see your comments in the admin panel for a particular order and not know if they were meant to display for the customer or not. Though this can always be an additional modification.

To do this you just need three things:

1) You need a line of SQL: a new column added to the orders history status table. This is just a flag identifier.

2) You then need to add that identifier as PHP code to designate whether the order status update comment is not to be mailed to the customer in the /admin/order.php file.

3) And you need that identifier to be retrieved in the account history info page with some SQL and PHP code to exclude the hidden order update comments when displaying them for the customer.

Really easy modification, but I will let Petduhrrr write it for you, since it only took him 5 hours (Not 30 minutes! ..yeah, the messages are time-stamped, lol! ..smh), to write that last mess of code that still misses two main parts of the modification. Good luck!

Read, then understand, then post a solution and not propose a theory of what could be done. If you have no idea about the code then just let your stupid comments be. you just litter the forum with it.

Read, then understand, then post a solution and not propose a theory of what could be done. If you have no idea about the code then just let your stupid comments be. you just litter the forum with it.

lol

BISHOP.jpg.559f1439e0370f9e4c4fce3c239cb0b9.jpg

@Demitry Hi Demitry, your first paragraph seems to say the same thing

Ok, so I thought you wanted to have separate admin comments for order updates that are not emailed or viewed by the customer  = YES
OSC already has the option to untick the email box but the customer can still read the comments in order history

all you want is to not have certain order update comments emailed to the customer or have them see these same comments on their account history info page. = YES
Same as above - OSC already has the option to untick the email box but the customer can still read the comments in order history

Your item 2 is already a fuction of OSC

No point in telling me what I need, I have no idea on how to do it.

I am so glad Peter is trying to assist me

@SCH_001

No, there's a difference. There are more than one way to do a modification. And it also depends on the requirement set. Separating the admin order status comments involves creating a separate column in the orders table to store those comments. You then need to retrieve them to know what you wrote.

As per your later clarification, what you are saying you want is to just hide the comments that you do not wish to email to the customer from their account history info page. That takes an identifier to identify which comments you are not emailing and to use that identifier to weed out those comments from the account history info page.

Your item 2 is already a fuction of OSC

That's correct, and it requires modification for this to work.

No point in telling me what I need, I have no idea on how to do it.

My help is in the form of what needs to be done from a coding structure overview perspective. I'm not here to drop everything I'm doing and work on your site for you.

As I said before,.. if you own an osCommerce site, then you must be at least semi-technical or know someone who is.

Funny how you think Petduhrrr is here to assist you when that mess that he wrote mostly follows my original overview of what should be done. Well, I'm glad he is trying to ...er,..do something? lol

Good luck Troy.

Archived