• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Next osCommerce v4 demo

Hi all,

Going to have the next demo on Thursday the 13th of May at 4:30pm UK time. 

It will be a live demo of the current version of the platform, front end and back end. If you've already seen a demo last month, you probably wont find many differences there, but those who have not done it - you're VERY welcome to join. 

Will send a Google Meet invitation to anyone interested - please contact via the Contact Us form on the main website and provide email address to send it to. 

Have a nice weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

Just a question : What do you think about the next Osc. I think your feedback we will be great for the team.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

8 hours ago, Gyakutsuki said:

Hello Guys,

Just a question : What do you think about the next Osc. I think your feedback we will be great for the team.

I was quite hopeful at first, now losing confidence in the project. Communication is not where it needs to be and it seems this might only be a marketing scheme to attract new clients. Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

On 6/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, Gyakutsuki said:

Hello Guys,

For me, at least until now, the demo is a GHOST. Signed and asked here to see it and no reply.

Are you sure that it exist? 😨

No news, github, not url to see it.... hummmm... 😪

hi All! 

A couple of updates:

1. Demo(s) - there have been a number of demos offered, via Google Meet, of what will soon be osCommerce v4. We have had interested users from various countries connecting, asking questions, etc. Unfortunately very often interested parties would not connect for some reason - we hope they will be able to connect next time then 

2. New version - it is about 3-4 weeks away at the moment, we will be announcing as soon as it becomes available 

3. Documentation - here we need help from interested parties. We have a Wiki-type website but would like to ask for assistance to fill it in. Please contact via the Contact page of the main website if you're happy to offer help.

Thank you! :)

Hope it's alright to provide some suggestions:

1. Record the demo session and provide the recording.
  2. The sooner people get to see the s/w, repo, and app features the better to find volunteers. For dotcomboomers they'll be thinking what's in it for me, and for millennials they probably will do things for a cause that they believe in.
  3. Wiki type content management perhaps people can submit contents that are pending approval? The thought here was to just make it open.
  4. Read a story about Elastic Search and on how the founder was dumbfounded as it gained traction after it was put in an opensource git repo.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

hi All! 

A couple of updates:

1. Demo(s) - there have been a number of demos offered, via Google Meet, of what will soon be osCommerce v4. We have had interested users from various countries connecting, asking questions, etc. Unfortunately very often interested parties would not connect for some reason - we hope they will be able to connect next time then 

2. New version - it is about 3-4 weeks away at the moment, we will be announcing as soon as it becomes available 

3. Documentation - here we need help from interested parties. We have a Wiki-type website but would like to ask for assistance to fill it in. Please contact via the Contact page of the main website if you're happy to offer help.

Also interested in any dates. Will be switching my hosting and payment processing over when v4 comes out so don't want to mess with what I have too much now. A recording of a demo if an actual demo isn't available would be next best thing, there's a 99.9% chance i'd never be able to connect to a zoom type thing to see it.

It'll be interesting to see the new code base and the business model.I hope there is a new framework that could draw in new developers. Devs like to work on cool stuffs. There's been a lot of cool stuffs since OSC and Phoneix--containerization, microservices, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis, NoSQL like Cassandra and etc...throw all the bells and whistles at it to make it awesome and stood out from the rest. Let's face it moving from OSC or Phoenix to V4 will not be an easy migration given how the original cart was so "customizable" so make it worthwhile. I spent over 15+ years in opensource/startups and am now working at a big publicly traded software company with a 30+ year old platform/code base, and it's been interesting experiencing the company and it's fortune 100 clients who are used to white gloves services trying to adopt opensource. I don't think that the question on "can it be done or how?" has been addressed yet because it isn't easy...ya, I am interested to see how this will turn out...thx!

BTW, "low-codes" is the buzz word now I think...

Hi there! @osCommerce-Official

Well, currently I make a new OSCommerce shop, under OSCommerce 2.3.x (well, last stable branch I mean).
As you know I'm patiently (impatient lol), to see as developper, which code is the OSCommerce V4 contain !
I don't really like "meeting demo", "video recording", because I like concrete things, I like test myself. (you know, some nowadays developers use for some OpenStreetMaps over Google Maps, so.. why using a proprietary Google Meet for showing demos???)
I like interactive demo, where I can explore both: source code and visual rendering.

From as i see, that V4 is doesn't yet ready, I don't lose interest to that project, (indeed not), but, I'm really feeling communication is more for "end-user people" than "developers one".

Please release the source code (at least a screenshot), and better if you give a gitHub repository which, us, developers can explore from our own hands and eyes !

Thanks for the reading.
Have a good ending week.

Wish the best for V4 OSCommerce!

Edited by SaphyraK
some misstyping.

Hello,

Currently, the team seems to work to try to finalize the first version (Vadym feedback).
- There is no template all will be deployed in time
- About the image, you can see my comment on my post feedback demo, you will lot of images. Also, in the different post you can see also some images and comments. Take time.

As you, I am waiting to see the final version.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

hi All! 

A couple of updates:

3-4 weeks away as of 10th of June - 9 weeks ago.

Delays happen, and are sometimes out of an organisation's control.

What is not out of an organisation's control is communication.

Harald wasn't good at it, you guys should have improved things on that front. It's better to communicate and receive some feedback (even negative feedback which can be highly constructive) rather than not communicate at all.

Please let us know what's going on. Don't take us for granted. Otherwise when requests such as number three above are put out they will merely be met with apathy.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Am 12.8.2021 um 04:35 schrieb frankl:

hi All! 

A couple of updates:

Thank you! 

Hi, so I'm sorry but I will not attach myself to it as long as it has to do with google. I don't need these criminals. Running a demo on your own system is apparently a problem? The next question is, why isn't the new version released so that others can look into it as well? It looks like a commercial version is being worked on. That wasn't the intention behind osCommerce.

5 hours ago, YePix said:

The next question is, why isn't the new version released so that others can look into it as well?

To me, the most important question is why @osCommerce-Officialrefuses to make appearance here? @Harald Ponce de Leondid the same thing and we all know what came of that. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons