• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Import - export process

Gyakutsuki

Hello,

There some screenshot about the import and export
Currently, the import is in csv but it's possible in the future to have more choices as json, xml ....
I do not see a specific import from Osc.
The process is quite simple via a mapping: You must choose for example products and you can import your products

Note: The import does not link for example between categories and products, you must make a manual action to reorganize your catalog.

Screenshot_20210403_095333.thumb.png.a434210d1d155f8ef4128b9fc2ae7000.png

The mapping

import.thumb.png.479c542aabb27cdf4dad6a387cdd91ff.png

Export process in csv

Screenshot_20210403_095248.thumb.png.3b54aa6cc08e58ac014e86a8c2a9b8b4.png

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

What exactly is being exported? 

Is it just a list of products. Is there any customization in what can be exported? 

I ask because i have made an export on my current oscom site for quickbooks exports of orders in specific status's - is this something that can be done easily or will I need to rework my export as something totally separate as I have on my current site? Here is a screenshot of my current site to give an idea of the functionality I am looking for:

image.thumb.png.951a5a7dcc65ed1deadaaca77ff67815.png

As you can see I am also using a program called ZedAxis to imoort the csv files into quickbooks. 

There is a specific database osCommerce v2 but after you must use this import and if have some customization, you must develop or important in your hand.

Regards
Loïc

Then can you explain more what is different? It appears to be allowing you to import/export via a csv file. Will you be creating an addon?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Will you be creating an addon ==> I am not inside the team, I think easy populate will stay inside 2.4
Then can you explain more what is different? ==> For this current import inside v4, you select brand and you can import the brand, same approach with the categories, products ....
About the attributes, I do not have an example to include inside the v4, but the approach must be similar
- import product in csv
- mapping creation
- importation

Improvment can be done : save the mapping creating as a template for the next time

Regards
Loïc

Thanks for the explanation. I missed the fact that this was about V4 so none of my questions would apply. I apologize for the bother.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons