The e-commerce.

osCommerce v4 demo

2 hours ago, Gyakutsuki said:

Yes, 2 capture about the attributes, Just I have no time to fill
You can create an attribute and after you add an option
You can also create template attribute.

Screenshot_20210402_081413.png

Screenshot_20210402_081727.png

@Gyakutsuki an excellent contribution that works well is "Attributes sets plus" https://apps.oscommerce.com/p3y4s&attribute-sets-plus 

Yes thank you,

Inside attributes, you can check select or radio. Small text is not included inside as a choice (type in graphics)

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Thanks so much for the demo today, I really appreciate you taking the time to show it off. 

I saw some really nice features that would certainly be considered enterprise or at the very least, require a lot of add-ons/apps and customization to achieve with some of the more popular ecom cart platforms out there right now. 

multiple storefronts, multi-currency, full multi language (checkout pages too, looking at you shopify), different pricing per currency/customer - all of those features are either required or highly wanted from a platform but I was not able to find anything that seemed as robust (maybe Magento has this but it is a much bigger beast). 

That being said I still am very curious to see how things run in reality, especially when loaded with many SKUs/attributes. How quickly it is able to run on a shop with approximately 100,000 SKUS will ultimately be very important to me. 

I look forward to having the actual code to play with and test. 

For some strange reason, the developers want a 'phone chat in order to even see the demo! (Nobody here hard-of-hearing or deaf?)

I'm interested in seeing what resources are required to run a small to mid-size store. What is the underlying code like, in terms of tweaks and customisation, to suit client needs? How about just releasing the 'alpha'/'beta' software, so that some of us with a strong osC background can properly see the progress and perhaps even make useful suggestions?

I've tried out various e-commerce packages in a fruitless attempt to update my few though loyal clients. So far, there's only been one or two "close but no cigar" candidates. There tends to be shortcomings in them all but it's a question of what one can compromise with. Without actually trying the software, there's no real way to tell and no amount of screenshots/YT videos will really get to core issues.

TLDR: release the code - even if only to a select group.

Edited by ejsolutions

On 4/8/2021 at 8:40 AM, ejsolutions said:

Did you see the underlying code or the server specification?

Not at all. And I tend to agree/be in the same boat. I know it is based on trueloaded which seems to be a totally different platform. It appears to be this new version will be oscommerce in name only. 

that isn’t necessarily a bad thing though osc was in need of a total revamp. 

Thanks to @MFleeson I've been pointed to the demo of TrueLoaded, which I somehow managed to sidestep (I assumed an offshoot of the semi-commercial) CRE. Now, this looks encouraging and certainly from the admin perspective it appears to be very comprehensive. I'll try an install of True. :)

What I'd like to know from the developers @osCommerce-Official is the following:

1. Will osC 4 be a re-badging of True and will True now be consigned to history i.e. no more updates?
  2. If osC4 has a considerable difference to the code structure, then will there be a 'smooth' migration path from True to osC 4?

I don't want to spend too much time, constructing a migration path from my current stores to True just for it to be mothballed, with no path to osC 4.

1 hour ago, ejsolutions said:

Thanks to @MFleeson I've been pointed to the demo of TrueLoaded, which I somehow managed to sidestep (I assumed an offshoot of the semi-commercial) CRE. Now, this looks encouraging and certainly from the admin perspective it appears to be very comprehensive. I'll try an install of True. :)

What I'd like to know from the developers @osCommerce-Official is the following:

1. Will osC 4 be a re-badging of True and will True now be consigned to history i.e. no more updates?
  2. If osC4 has a considerable difference to the code structure, then will there be a 'smooth' migration path from True to osC 4?

I don't want to spend too much time, constructing a migration path from my current stores to True just for it to be mothballed, with no path to osC 4.

Edward, 

To answer your questions in general:

- osCommerce v4 will be based on the latest version of the Ecommerce platform that has been in development for the last 5.5 years. Not sure about which instance you've seen, but osCommerce v4 will be based on the latest PHP for this year - PHP 8. There are no plans to have an Ecommerce platform competing with osCommerce on the same market after osCommerce v4 is released. 

- osCommerce v4 is a considerable difference to osCommerce v2 and other solutions, however we would not recommend investing time into learning of the previous versions of this Ecommerce platform. There could be differences in design templates, data structure, etc. There are currently no plans to move customers from their websites built using the previous version of the platform to osCommerce v4. 

- osCommerce v4 is, first of all, for this community of merchants, developers, designers, consultants, everyone. And of course it is for the world - for far too many years this great brand was not developing and it is time to bring it back to prominence. 

2 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

To answer your questions in general:

Dinnae skim read, please!

You're new here, so you won't know that I've been floating around the osC scene for quite some time (~15 years) and contributed code to a forked version of osC. I've also hosted and continue to host other e-commerce software.

I was asking you specifically about osC v4 and Trueloaded.

Not Edward.

Regards,

EJ

(Coming across a peculiarity already during the installation of Trueloaded: "You don't have permission to access this resource." ... goes off to check logs and .htaccess.. mod_security block /usr/local/apache/modsecurity-owasp-old/base_rules/modsecurity_crs_41_xss_attacks.conf!)

Edited by ejsolutions