• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Typical "How to" questions

On 3/12/2023 at 6:12 PM, Google-moogle said:

Hello! I ask you to help me with creating an invoice for the client after completing the order. My platform language is Russian. The invoice is displayed with the characters ??????? ?????? ?? ?????. How to fix it? Thank you!
P.S. The problem document is attached

Invoice (1).pdf 14.52 kB · 3 downloads

@pandreicould you please advise? 

On 3/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, Google-moogle said:

Hello! I ask you to help me with creating an invoice for the client after completing the order. My platform language is Russian. The invoice is displayed with the characters ??????? ?????? ?? ?????. How to fix it? Thank you!
P.S. The problem document is attached

Hi Oleg,

Go to Admin -> Design and CMS -> Themes, open your theme, click Pages button and click the gear icon for Invoice page. Then select any unicode font for the Font family field and click Save button. Don't forget to click top Save button to save the theme.

Themes-Pages-Invoice.png

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for your reply. I have looked at the wiki previously however:

TRADE ACCOUNTS

I have two customer groups. Ideally a new customer should be able to indicate if they are a trade customer. How do I do this on the registration? They should ideally upload a document etc. to indicate they need a trade account. I don't see how to implicate in registration? I don't see how the Trade Form works either? See below no area to indicate trade.

ADDRESS FORMAT

Although I have altered every single entry in the Address Format area to how I want it. It will not display correctly:

image.thumb.png.9b2f0b5e667671ad2ab61c51f34d75d0.png

image.thumb.png.fc0b57d22371716ea9db197120df8e9c.png

I really please just mainly need to know how:

Reorder the account registration fields - HOW?

Have some sort of Trade form/fields/doc upload on account registration

Integrate Taxamo api on shopping cart

How do I enter the EU Tax rates for each country?

Many thanks,

Lorraine 

2 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Can someone help? How do I reorder the fields?

Hi Lorraine,

Unfortunately, you can't reorder the account fields into the admin panel.

If you really need this and you know html, you can rearrange them manually into this file: lib/frontend/themes/basic/boxes/login/register.tpl

But please note that if you change the files manually they will be out of sync with the next system update.

Okay,

So I've downloaded the Trade Form from the app shop. It's red and says it needs Customer Extra fields as well. This is on Discover...

Can someone advise when both these areas will be up and running please?

It's vital for me, with old OSC I manually added extra fields and drop downs for customers to indicate their status. I could then verify/give immediate access if appropriate.

Appreciate an update on for OSC4? Any when? I hope similar. So otherwise a customer now just has to fill in, wait to be asked about status, verify status, give trade access ... dooohhhhh

Lorraine

On 3/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, herbsandhelpers said:

So I've downloaded the Trade Form from the app shop. It's red and says it needs Customer Extra fields as well. This is on Discover...

Can someone advise when both these areas will be up and running please?

Did you mean Customer Additional Fields app? It will be available this week.

Thank you,

I've downloaded it, edited it, have Trade Form but how do I implement?

Having scrolled through things I simply can't see HOW to add to registration, customers etc.

I presume you can add a field to register account? How?

How to implement Trade Form?

Guidance on how please ...

Thank you,

Lorraine

Okay,

I've found something called Trade Form PDF which I can modify and am doing.

Issue: In say address format if I add a key then it shows up as double on the form?!?!?

I see that here I can add the Extra Customer Fields etc and shape the PDF form as I like, very good. 

The main issue is how do I add it to say Account registration area?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Okay,

I've found something called Trade Form PDF which I can modify and am doing.

Issue: In say address format if I add a key then it shows up as double on the form?!?!?

I see that here I can add the Extra Customer Fields etc and shape the PDF form as I like, very good. 

The main issue is how do I add it to say Account registration area?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lorraine,

Regarding "Issue: In say address format if I add a key then it shows up as double on the form?!?!?" please provide us with the screenshots with 1) where to (url) and what it adds 2) where (url) and how it is duplicated.

Regarding "The main issue is how do I add it to say Account registration area?" it is not possible to add fields during the account registration. The trade form will be available in the newly created account.

Please also let us know what fields you would like to add during registration.

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Screenshot attached. I’ve added ##LANDLINE##  (Text: 07761489838) but it’s come out as a double entry on the form. This happens elsewhere to with widgets.

I’m just finding out how the Trade Form works. So you’re saying that once someone creates an account it will be there for them to fill and submit? I’ll have to try that out. 

Previously I hacked in a few extra fields in account registration so customers could indicate their status. 

I’ve noticed the extra customer fields can be edited so I can alter as needed. 

Ideally customer would fill in trade form and upload with ‘proofs’ to an area. 

Now I know how it’s supposed to work I’ll play with it then leave text instructions on account registration.

Thank you,

Lorraine

8698DE0A-D49F-474B-B4A5-C97B3131683F.png

16 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Hi Ivan,

Screenshot attached. I’ve added ##LANDLINE##  (Text: 07761489838) but it’s come out as a double entry on the form. This happens elsewhere to with widgets.

I’m just finding out how the Trade Form works. So you’re saying that once someone creates an account it will be there for them to fill and submit? I’ll have to try that out. 

Previously I hacked in a few extra fields in account registration so customers could indicate their status. 

I’ve noticed the extra customer fields can be edited so I can alter as needed. 

Ideally customer would fill in trade form and upload with ‘proofs’ to an area. 

Now I know how it’s supposed to work I’ll play with it then leave text instructions on account registration.

Thank you,

Lorraine

8698DE0A-D49F-474B-B4A5-C97B3131683F.png

Hi Lorraine,

Could you please make another screenshot after you click on Edit (pencil) tab on the widget for us to check it further? Please do not click on this tab that appears on your screenshot above but go into this area and after you see Edit (pencil) tab there please click on it.

Best regards,

Ivan

17 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@Ivan HolbiIs there a way to sort the orders so they always load last first? They are sorting first first by default.

Hi Jack,

We checked and the latest orders in your admin area are at the top of the page while the oldest orders are at the bottom so as far as we can see they are sorted the way you want. If we miss something please let us know.

Best regards,

Ivan 

On 26.03.2023 at 11:52, bonbec said:

Возможно, эта ссылка может вам помочь : https://www.oscommerce.com/wiki/Managing_Languages

Thanks for the answer, so I can add the language I need, only all the keys in it are English, that is, there is no native language. It seems that he added another English language, only with the flag of his country

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am Very New to using osCommerce. I have installed an instance of 4.12 and am trying to do simple things like

change the store name

but can't find any UI anywhere that seems to handle this sort of info.