• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Typical "How to" questions

An Observation in the accounting of the stock these could be registered in the form of orders to be able to be consulted at any time.

Example Products A
Orders Status "Stock" + 10pcs.
Orders Status "Paid" -1Pcs.
Orders Status "paid" -2Pcs
Orders Status "paid" -1Pcs.
Orders Status "paid" -2Pcs.

Total Stock 4Pcs.

I think that the stock is easier to manage from the billing than from the product details.

• 1 month later...

I have been using osc 2.3.2 for I guess 15+ years... I have imported the data and foolishly thought there would be some default template that would give a minimal site even if it looked a bit like the old style osc

I can't get past the splash screen, so I really can't tell if the product pages got imported correctly

Thomas A. Moulton, W2VY

osCommerce core developer osc2.1 to osc 2.3.x

Support the developers!

http://www.oscommerce.com/about/team

4 hours ago, w2vy said:

I have been using osc 2.3.2 for I guess 15+ years... I have imported the data and foolishly thought there would be some default template that would give a minimal site even if it looked a bit like the old style osc

I can't get past the splash screen, so I really can't tell if the product pages got imported correctly

@Ivan Holbicould you please address this next week? 

On 9/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, w2vy said:

Hi Tom,

Please see the link below how to proceed in this case.

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Assigning_Theme_to_Sales_Channel_and_Deleting_Sales_Channel

Best regards,

Ivan

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a way to disable cache? I have that option in the settings turned off but cache is still working. It causes a problem when making changes to templates since it has to be cleared each time. Also, even if I clear it and the initial page loads as expected, when I click around the site and go back to the home page the cached items are showing. To be specific, the product listing on the home page was showing 100 products, or so. I changed the setting in admin to only show 16 products, cleared the cache and viewed the home page. Only 16 products were showing. Then clicked on a different page and back to the home page. The original 100 products now show.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

19 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

Is there a way to disable cache? I have that option in the settings turned off but cache is still working. It causes a problem when making changes to templates since it has to be cleared each time. Also, even if I clear it and the initial page loads as expected, when I click around the site and go back to the home page the cached items are showing. To be specific, the product listing on the home page was showing 100 products, or so. I changed the setting in admin to only show 16 products, cleared the cache and viewed the home page. Only 16 products were showing. Then clicked on a different page and back to the home page. The original 100 products now show.

Hi Jack,

We would recommend to delete the unnecessary sales channels from your website, leave only one and assign your products and theme to it to avoid such issues. Please see the link below how to do it.

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Assigning_Theme_to_Sales_Channel_and_Deleting_Sales_Channel

Best regards,

Ivan

5 hours ago, Ivan Holbi said:

We would recommend to delete the unnecessary sales channels from your website, leave only one and assign your products and theme to it to avoid such issues

I did this but still had to clear all of cache - twice. Being able to disable cache would be a useful change in my opinion.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 6:35 PM, Gadget said:

On my installed theme in V4, on the product pages below the description there are two attached details (12 Month Warranty & Pay on Delivery).   Where are these defined ?  And Where do you turn them off? or On?

Capture.PNG

Hi Brandon,

While editing the theme please choose the product page and point your mouse to the required widget. You can either delete it or edit it by clicking on the corresponding icons. If you click on edit icon you can change the names of these blocks, in styles (div class) the images are recorded and the variables (for example, ##TITLE_WARRANTY_PRODUCT##) can be updated in Translations. Please see the screenshots attached.

Best regards,

Ivan

image.thumb.png.20fa18fb62ad0eb7c26eafeaa4b0d1d5.png

image.thumb.png.ea6ff20cf6a392beec59709989b2802c.png 

image.thumb.png.6239d711f77b3e26975168f27c4d843b.png

image.thumb.png.d8646a16d72567c622550509fb468ff0.png

On 1/27/2023 at 11:27 PM, Gadget said:

How can you re-arrange entries in widgets?  This is in my installed theme.  Address Process page.  I can't figure out how to re arrange text boxes.  

Capture.PNG

Hi Brandon,

Please copy the file lib/frontend/themes/basic/boxes/account/edit-address.tpl and paste it to lib/frontend/themes/[theme_name]/boxes/account/edit-address.tpl where [theme_name] is the folder with your theme and change the code in this file.

Please see the screenshots attached where you can see theme_name.

Best regards,
Ivan
image-1.png.1aec2d93b225ab84ce29df1cac67db11.png

image-1.png.e53a55523fba91b33d6a16866b87e630.png

16 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

You will need to export a sample osCommerce file and then match it with your open cart export. 

Alternatively you can ask our Dev partners to create this app for you. 

Thanks a lot, just as I thought. It shouldn't be too hard to do. I will wait for the next version before I do it (4.09)

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/10/2021 at 3:03 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Would like to ask everyone to post here their typical "how to" questions, based on their real-life experience working with osCommerce and other Ecommerce solutions. 

Hi guys.

How to avoid displaying the store's email address on the contact form page (as well as on any other page exposed to the general public, where human spammers may easily see it...and grab it for their unethical purposes) and only display the already available contact form for email contact?

Thank you!

Mendoh

20 hours ago, mendoh said:

Hi guys.

How to avoid displaying the store's email address on the contact form page (as well as on any other page exposed to the general public, where human spammers may easily see it...and grab it for their unethical purposes) and only display the already available contact form for email contact?

Thank you!

Mendoh

Hi Mendoh,

It can be done while customizing your theme. Please see the screenshots below. You can also add link on email address if necessary.

Best regards,

Ivan

image.thumb.png.32d217f1ca9a0cd01eb575cd4f9abdae.png

image.thumb.png.477c1ce85d4f05673b4c73a9d4105402.png

image.thumb.png.e0bb72005f5ddb07309480e4845cdf1b.png

11 hours ago, Ivan Holbi said:

It can be done while customizing your theme.

Ivan, thanks for your reply.

I could actually replace the ˝@" with an "at" and remove the email address link, however, I was not able to completely remove the whole email address contact information from the widget: is there any specific way to do that?

Thanks again

Mendoh

On 3/1/2023 at 3:19 AM, mendoh said:

Ivan, thanks for your reply.

I could actually replace the ˝@" with an "at" and remove the email address link, however, I was not able to completely remove the whole email address contact information from the widget: is there any specific way to do that?

Thanks again

Mendoh

Hi Mendoh,

You can change the widget to the one that is used in the footer, there will be no icons.

Best regards,

Ivan

21 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

How To Use Account Approval?

After Updating Address Format How to Implement? 

How to Bring back Suburb? I may have deleted it.

How to Integrate Taxamo api?

Hi Lorraine, 

Regarding "How To Use Account Approval?" do you mean customers' approval? If yes and if your customers are switched off after the registration please switch on the status for the required customer while editing them in the admin area. Please see the link below for further information.

https://www.oscommerce.com/wiki/Managing_Customers

Regarding "After Updating Address Format How to Implement?" if you change the address format it is implemented everywhere. 

Regarding "How to Bring back Suburb? I may have deleted it." you can drag and drop suburb from the top of the page to the required line of your address. Please see the link below for further information.

https://www.oscommerce.com/wiki/Managing_Address_Formats

Regarding "How to Integrate Taxamo api?" I will check it further and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best regards,

Ivan