• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Two wanted features.

b1bb2

I like oscommerce 2.3.4.1, but it is tedious to insert my (one thousand files for download) products into the database using the GUI. My feature request is to make this easier. I will also consider directly editing the database, if someone can tell me how. I tried. And while on this subject, it would be nice if I could tell (using formated text file or csv) oscommerce the system path to each file for download, instead of me having to manually copy the files to the oscommerce/catalog/download folder.

1 hour ago, b1bb2 said:

I like oscommerce 2.3.4.1, but it is tedious to insert my (one thousand files for download) products into the database using the GUI. My feature request is to make this easier. I will also consider directly editing the database, if someone can tell me how. I tried. And while on this subject, it would be nice if I could tell (using formated text file or csv) oscommerce the system path to each file for download, instead of me having to manually copy the files to the oscommerce/catalog/download folder.

Hello and thanks for sharing these requests! 

In osCommerce v4:

a) it is possible to import and export thousands of products (and other entities too) using the manual or automated Import / Export facility. 

b) it is possible to use the API to communicate with the system 

c) it is possible to use remote images (by URL) and also store images in different folders 

Your responce sounds optomistic. It seems you have inside information, as I can not find these answers on the internet. I look forward to getting more details. A list of anticipated features would be a good start. I understand that v4 does not exist in tangible form yet, so the details might not exist. What are the system requirements? Here is my analysis of your answers.

manual Import / Export facility. I assume the GUI.
automated Import / Export facility.  New?
application programming interface (API). New?
images.  Do you mean any files?
remote images (by URL). Sounds good, but I hope I do not have to manually enter one thousand URLs.
store images in different folders. Must the folders be in oscommerce/catalog/download (not a new feature), or can they be anywhere on the system?

Please kindly note v4 is in development at the moment. We will be publishing a list of all the features in the near future, when we are absolutely certain which of the features will be made a part of the installation, which will go as free apps or add-ons and which will be made paid apps or add-ons. 

osCommerce v4 is a new development, using more modern technologies and designed for modern server environments. Hence it has a lot of new features and facilities in it.

Would be happy to give you access to the Beta once it becomes available - thanks for signing up for the Beta testing programme!