• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Translations

osCommerce-Official

1 hour ago, syntaxerror said:

Why not just use a online tool like Crowdin?
Going back to translating files in t.ex. notepad in 2021 sounds like a bad idea, but if arranged in other ways I could consider contributing to Norwegian Bokmål. ;)

We want this to be "traditional osCommerce" - i.e. via the members of this Community. 

Of course in 2021 it is not done in text files anymore lol - it is done in the back end or MS Excel at least. 

9 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

We want this to be "traditional osCommerce" - i.e. via the members of this Community. 

Of course in 2021 it is not done in text files anymore lol - it is done in the back end or MS Excel at least. 

Sorry but I don't get the idea of "traditional osCommerce". The community could well translate at Crowdin, much easier and safer and better. You could even use a oscommerce.com subdomain for it. In any way you're free to control the team members, if it should be open for all, or just by request - and also who should be the language proofreaders.

Now tell me, what's the difference in using Excell over notepad? ;) There is no translation memory, no context info, no proposals, no nothing. Also you talked about providing the files previously, so I guess there is no backend ready with a translation interface, having support for translation memory etc. Sorry if I got you wrong, but I got a feeling you don't have any experience with translation work or tools like Crowdin, so I would recommend checking it out and consulting the Crowdin team. Crowdin is free for open source projects, with public available code ... 👍

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 12:47 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Traditions are sacred for OSCommerce community (not all want traditional ways lol).
But for clarify, if the files are "not consistently" managed when translated, it can lead to some issues when working again on it by future.
I discovered a tool from my past surfing over the Internet whole treasures, I loved: https://weblate.org

Perhaps it can do the handling of translations, for consistency better :) ? I used it by past for translate a whole PC game.

Edited by SaphyraK
Searching for the name of the translation tool I used by past !

On 5/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, SaphyraK said:

Traditions are sacred for OSCommerce community (not all want traditional ways lol).
But for clarify, if the files are "not consistently" managed when translated, it can lead to some issues when working again on it by future.
I discovered a tool from my past surfing over the Internet whole treasures, I loved: https://weblate.org

Perhaps it can do the handling of translations, for consistency better :) ? I used it by past for translate a whole PC game.

Merci, Chris! Will consider your kind advise. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, 'hope it's not too late: i can help in french.

Thanks to the whole osCommerce Community.

Prod Server: Percona Server via UNIX socket Percona Server version: 5.5.40-36.1-log - Percona Server (GPL), Release 36.1, Revision 707
 phpMyAdmin 3.5.8.2 Database version: libmysql - 5.0.96 PHP extension: mysqli
version Oscommerce-RC2A php 5.3 with many add-ons/up-dates ...... and liters of coffee !
Local dev: EasyPHP DevServer 14.1 VC9  "Minakami"  avec oscom 2.3.1 + Them switcher, Grid system et css 24 col 1280 px width, KissIT_image thumbnailer, lightbox,  Invoice editor, Superfish horizontal navbar, Quick inventory, margin report, PWA (purshase without account), Products field groups, Products Extra fields Footer boxes... modified to my personnal needs....

• 6 months later...

Hi,
When I read the previous messages, I wonder where are the translations of version 4?
When I installed version 4 b2, I upgraded to the German and French languages, but the translations are not available. By this I mean that I installed the languages from the OSCommereV4 application, but the translations are still not done. Everything is in English no matter what language is selected.    
My problem is how I can get these translations updated either by updating the translations from the configuration or by reinstalling everything.
I would also like to know if the translations in these languages are ready or do I still need to translate them?
I ask this question to know if there is a common application for translation.   
I have started to translate into French and German from English for the Oscommerce v4 b2 application.

Well I do not understand the version control system for language translation in the OSC v4 b2 application.

However I tried to install the Spanish translation of @Dr. Mary Calaveris (such beautiful eyes for such hard work, thank you 🤩) with a copy and paste into a ".csv" file to be able to import this translated data, but it seems that this is not the right method.  My database for languages is broken (NEVER DO THAT).  Unfortunately, I have to reinstall Oscommerce v4 b2 completely.

I do not want to continue the translation this way. I prefer to wait for the new version of OSC V4 with the different languages integrated.   

Edited by Denoscom

On the advise of the member of this Forum, we have created an online table with all the keys:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lNUTKEz2iwsqv4gQ1WJiCP-0bF1cm_1QD7jKDvNvi9U/edit?usp=sharing

Please try to open it and fill in the translations. Please feel free to add more columns to it too for new languages. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Added order column.

Clean and correct some entries, cross translations from v1 to v2, remove old and add new rows.

Languages added:

@Dr. Mary Calaveris ES - Spanish

@milerwan FR - French

@zachris FI - Finnish

@Janko Muzykant PL - Polish

We can start work in the same place.

Thanks ✌️

Edited by domiosc

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, systenloaqui said:

Hi! a Made Traslation table to spanish por all 6681 records. This require certain instruction in order to install

If you've made a translation could you please send it to us to check and include into the system? 

Thank you very much! 

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 8:52 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

On the advise of the member of this Forum, we have created an online table with all the keys:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lNUTKEz2iwsqv4gQ1WJiCP-0bF1cm_1QD7jKDvNvi9U/edit?usp=sharing

Please try to open it and fill in the translations. Please feel free to add more columns to it too for new languages. Thank you!

There is no origional version in english in the spreadsheet?