• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Retrieve Live Credentials error

jm2.solutions

When I click the Retrieve Live Credentials button I get the following error.  It's been like this for weeks.  HELP!!  I did the same procedure for a friend of mine a few weeks ago. His works fine.  Thanks to anyone who can help me resolve this issue.

• Could not initiate the start account procedure. Please try again in a short while.

403663543_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.630ccce9da3ee27e601f07db09b80b9a.png

Just now, jm2.solutions said:

php 7.4

Are you sure ?  The reason I ask is that ?? is providing that error and ?? (null coalescing operator) is fine since php7.0

2 minutes ago, jm2.solutions said:

I am not using https.

Most likely your problem.

I'd still like to check on your use of php7.4 as 7.4 would not complain about a double ?? (the null coalescing operator)...

Are you absolutely certain you are on 7.4 ?  I know that's a dumb Q, but it's often the case that users get mixed up...which makes support difficult sometimes.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:31 PM, jm2.solutions said:

When I click the Retrieve Live Credentials button I get the following error.  It's been like this for weeks.  HELP!!  I did the same procedure for a friend of mine a few weeks ago. His works fine.  Thanks to anyone who can help me resolve this issue.

• Could not initiate the start account procedure. Please try again in a short while.

Same problem for me phoenix 1.0.7.9

Try whit sandbox, the end of registration return to

https://www.oscommerce.com/index.php? ..................................................

instead  my ecommerce whit error on browser :

{"rpcStatus":-100}

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, jm2.solutions said:

Got a similar message after trying to reset PayPal details. Had to do them manually.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Trying to configure PayPal for the first time. Getting "Could not initiate the start account procedure. Please try again in a short while." from both Live and Sandbox Credentials. I'm on 👇

Installed Version: OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.7.12 w/ Featured Products, Purchase Without Account (PWA)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm unable to configure PayPal Sandbox for the first time using "Manage API Credentials" in admin. The form in admin has these fields: API Username, API Password, API Signature, Merchant ID, PayPal E-Mail Address & Primary E-Mail Address. They don't match with the fields I can find from developer.PayPal.com (assuming i'm in the right place/page). In developer.paypal.com > My apps & Credentials -page I can find: Sandbox account, Client ID and Secret?

Installed Version: OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.7.12 w/ Featured Products, Purchase Without Account (PWA)

On 1/26/2021 at 5:23 PM, mikabee said:

I'm unable to configure PayPal Sandbox for the first time using "Manage API Credentials" in admin. The form in admin has these fields: API Username, API Password, API Signature, Merchant ID, PayPal E-Mail Address & Primary E-Mail Address. They don't match with the fields I can find from developer.PayPal.com (assuming i'm in the right place/page). In developer.paypal.com > My apps & Credentials -page I can find: Sandbox account, Client ID and Secret?

After some trial and error I got it working!!!!

Still not 100% sure which e-mail to use in "PayPal E-Mail Address" -field? The one generated by developer.paypal.com (ending @personal.example.com) or my own e-mail which is attached to my own PayPal account... 

30 minutes ago, mikabee said:

ll not 100% sure which e-mail to use in "PayPal E-Mail Address" -field?

e-mail address of the account marked as primary in your PayPal account settings.

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)