• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I downloaded the order total discount add on. I want to create a code. The discount will be for any item, in any category, and for any customer. My site includes PayPal express checkout, so customers don't need to have a customer id.

How do I configure this discount add on?

Sorry, forgot that this can only be seen by Phoenix club members.

Please see this one, it is less extensive, but also useful:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/412665-how-to-get-the-help-you-need/

I already have the store up and running. I just need help configuring the order total discount add on feature.  I want to create a discount code for a percentage discount on the total order. It is not for a specific product or a specific customer. Just any customer who enters the code. How do i configure this add on feature? I am not sure of the coding in the text file.

This is how I have it formatted so far. It it correct?

<?php
/*
  osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Discount Code 2.6
  http://high-quality-php-coding.com/
*/

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Discount Codes');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DISCOUNT_CODE', 'Discount Code');
define('TABLE_HEADING_APPLIES_TO', 'Applies to');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DISCOUNT', 'Discount');
define('TABLE_HEADING_MINIMUM_ORDER_AMOUNT', 'Min Order Amt');
define('TABLE_HEADING_MINIMUM_ORDER_AMOUNT_FULL', 'Minimum Order Amount');
define('TABLE_HEADING_EXPIRY', 'Expiry');
define('TABLE_HEADING_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS', 'Orders');
define('TABLE_HEADING_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS_FULL', 'Number of Orders');
define('TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_INFO', 'Order Info');
define('TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_INFO_FULL', 'Include discount code in the order info');
define('TABLE_HEADING_NUMBER_OF_USE', 'Num of Use');
define('TABLE_HEADING_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Num of Products');
define('TABLE_HEADING_STATUS', 'Status');

define('TEXT_DISCOUNT_CODE', '2020NEW:');
define('TEXT_APPLIES_TO', 'Applies to:');
define('TEXT_DISCOUNT', '20%:');
define('TEXT_MINIMUM_ORDER_AMOUNT', 'Minimum Order Amount:');
define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_USE', 'Number of Use:<br><small>()</small>');
define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of products to apply the discount:<br><small>()</small>');
define('TEXT_EXPIRY', '2020-06-30:');
define('TEXT_ORDER_INFO', 'Include discount code in the order info:');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS', 'Products:');
define('TEXT_CATEGORIES', 'Categories:');
define('TEXT_MANUFACTURERS', 'Manufacturers:');
define('TEXT_EXCLUDED_PRODUCTS', 'Excluded Products:');
define('TEXT_ORDER_TOTAL', 'Order Total');
define('TEXT_INFO_DELETE_INTRO', 'Are you sure you want to delete this discount code?');

define('SUCCESS_DISCOUNT_CODE_INSERTED', 'Success: The discount code has been inserted.');
define('ERROR_DISCOUNT_CODE_INSERTED', 'Error: The discount code has not been inserted.');
?>

which add-on do u have. at least, there are two different add ons that do this, that are written by very good community members. active helpful and knowledgeble. @raiwa has one of them.

Edited by hungryfrank

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

@terriwarren,

What you show is the language file which doesn't serve to set up a discount code. It only defines the texts which are used on the page.

In order to give you a precise answer you should provide ALL information which is requested in the post I gave you the link.

Specifically Number 1,2 and 5/1.

Looking at your language file I can only guess that you are using an older version of the Discount Code AddOn I'm maintaining:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/0Ap3k&discount-codes-for-osc-v2-3

If it's like this and you have it already correct installed, you have to go in your Admin area to: Catalog : Discount Codes : click on "New Discount Code" and set up the discount code there.

Please post all questions related to an AddOn in the correspondant Support thread. Like this it's much easier to get fast the correct help.

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/358525-add-on-discount-code-support/

or

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/407936-discount-code-bs/

Edited by raiwa

On 5/18/2020 at 3:34 AM, terriwarren said:

I downloaded the order total discount add on. I want to create a code. The discount will be for any item, in any category, and for any customer. My site includes PayPal express checkout, so customers don't need to have a customer id.

How do I configure this discount add on?

Post a link to the addon that you have downloaded and installed on your shop. That way people will be able to understand which one you are using. We also need to know what version of oscommerce you are using as versions differ. You may also need to check that the addon you installed is compatible with your version of oscommerce. There may even be a support thread for that specific addon. Its very difficult to give help on such a question as we have no idea what you are using and what problems you are having.

Just remember that the people on these forums that are giving help do so in their own time usually whilst running their own business so be patient and make sure the question can be understood.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

On 5/19/2020 at 12:26 PM, raiwa said:

@terriwarren,

If it's like this and you have it already correct installed, you have to go in your Admin area to: Catalog : Discount Codes : click on "New Discount Code" and set up the discount code there.

did u try this?

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

😁The app does not need you to understand the PHP code. All you need to do is to log into the Admin page and look for the app which you have installed and start using it to set the discount code.