• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Header Sales Coundown V1.0 Phoenix

JcMagpie

This is a header add-on that lets you place an events banner on your website. It has a built in countdown timer to show how long the event has to run.

It requires NO core changes so just copy over the files provided.

Once it’s installed simply go to admin and install and turn on.

You can change the styling in admin it uses stock BS Class’s.

You can also select the placing of the text within the container it’s added to.

You can set an events start and end date so banner is added and removed

automaticity form site.

You can select which pages it is shown on.

Has been tested on Phoenix 1.0.5.3 only.

That’s it Enjoy…

Can be see working on this site

image.thumb.png.4384176fa28370df1e27d8aec4ea441d.png

Has been updated to fix bug causing poor display on small screens. Very silly error a stray ( , ) causing styling to not apply.

You can simply remove the comma from

public_html/includes/modules/content/header/templates/tpl_cm_header_jcm_sales_countdown.php

line 25

#sale2, {

should be

#sale2 {

Thanks to @Mac2256 for pointing it out.

Nice new addon Zahid!!! Great contribution to the community. Thank you very much for sharing!!

I tried the first version of this addon on my Phoenix 1.0.4.0 test site and it works awesome. excellent job !!

I have 2 questions:
1. If the selected text is very long, in mobile view the text is lost. Attachment an example. How can i fix it?
2. Will this magnificent addon be compatible with Frozen? My new site is frozen and I know that this addon is BS4. Is it very difficult to convert it to BS3?

Thank you in advance for your contributions to the community and excellent support.

Have a nice day

Valqui

1990495025_Sinttulo.jpg.a75d688515d6ccd27e49d83586dd56b4.jpg

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

2 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

1. If the selected text is very long, in mobile view the text is lost. Attachment an example. How can i fix it?

Yes long text is always going to be a problem with Boostrap and mobile devices... I have not found a good solution to this. It is always going to be a compromise!

If you wrap the text then you have a big block on a small screen? If you tuncate the long text you lose the mesage 😊, may be one of the experts has a solution. For me I built in a compromise which you can adjust as required.

in the template file you will find

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
#sale2  {
    font-size: 1rem;
  }
}
</style>

This works for normal short message which fits as shown on my site. If you need a longer message then you can adjust this as required. So if I make the test twice as long...

image.thumb.png.1d720a0ce1e062bd82c1675248f6f727.png

this is what you have on large screen. To make it work on small screens just change to this...

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
#sale2  {
    font-size: 2vw;
  }
}
</style>

and on mobile you get... As i said it's a compromise.

image.png.47bb34b3d1535ab86b4ebc1df3cb1905.png

For Frozen? I do not know I have not tested any Phoenix add-on on frozen. Most people will have Frozen BS3 so I do not think they will work not with out making changes.

Edited by JcMagpie