• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Password Forgotten V1.0 Phoenix

JcMagpie

This is a simple add-on the Password Forgotten onto the login page.

It requires NO core changes so just copy over the files provided.

It’s a hook so nothing else to do, it should just appear on the login page.

That’s it Enjoy..

Has been tested on Phoenix Version 1.0.4.0 only. You may or may not need this so check first.

Can be see working on this site

On stock Phoenix 1.0.4.0 this is what is shown,

image.thumb.png.34d5e2b0abe4635b3a157f3d04997435.png

After adding the hook you should see.

image.thumb.png.3c5cf83d406fac5b0d48d2a3c629261b.png

Oh well never mind now we have a hook for the same thing.😳.....

Not the first time I've made something already done! even done duplicates of my own add-on's by mistake. Just forget at times you have  already done things.

Feel free to remove thread and and add-on.

Edited by JcMagpie

Yep it's in the full new install zip.... Clearly I missed this when doing the manual update on my test site 🙄 both. Just shows how easy it is to miss bit's with a manual update even when you have done it several times. Will have to be more carefull in future or just do a new install....

4 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Yep it's in the full new install zip.... Clearly I missed this when doing the manual update on my test site 🙄 both. Just shows how easy it is to miss bit's with a manual update even when you have done it several times. Will have to be more carefull in future or just do a new install....

It's something I might have done too, in fact I think I have.  😀

Dan

5 hours ago, ScaleCreepMinis said:

Okay so I need to install this. I think I just download the files then upload them to my server, correct?

Yes simply copy over the files. As mentioned above check as you may simply need to turn on the existing module.

5 hours ago, ScaleCreepMinis said:

What is a hook?

Hahhh.... Good question.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

So what is a "hook" strictly speeking php has no such thing and osC is writen in php. So for our purpose a "hook" is just a something that can plug some aditional code into an existing part of the code to change or extend it's function. So in simple terms you can consider it as and extention or module or plugin. To use in php you have to build your own extention/class and to make use of it and the programmer has to place code into the existing system to recive these new bit's of code.

Hook's are not new to osC they have been used for some time...