• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Phone Orders

Jack_mcs

This addon makes it very easy to create orders using the customers account. It is access in admin with one click, which takes you to the shop. There you search for the customer. When that customers entry is clicked on, you are automatically logged into his account and can start ordering. There are two built-in security options to make this as secured as possible.

This addon will work with Phoenix and Frozen. It can also work with other versions of oscommerce but would require a few
modifications. It has been tested with php 7.3 without warnings or errors.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

2 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

This addon makes it very easy to create orders using the customers account. It is access in admin with one click, which takes you to the shop. There you search for the customer. When that customers entry is clicked on, you are automatically logged into his account and can start ordering. There are two built-in security options to make this as secured as possible.

This addon will work with Phoenix and Frozen. It can also work with other versions of oscommerce but would require a few
modifications. It has been tested with php 7.3 without warnings or errors.

What are the payment options for this? Can they be limited?

You are logging in as the customer would so the payment options are whatever the customer would have. And since you are placing the order, you choose which payment method to use so limiting the methods wouldn't make a difference, that I can see..

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

7 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

You are logging in as the customer would so the payment options are whatever the customer would have. And since you are placing the order, you choose which payment method to use so limiting the methods wouldn't make a difference, that I can see..

I would say that there are some options that shouldn't be available and some that should if an order is placed this way. For example you wouldn't need a Paypal payment option.

I was talking with a friend yesterday who has a Phoenix shop and he does events, we discussed a way of adding a record of stock sold at the events. Customers may pay using cash or card and this would be a perfect way to do this if the right payment options were there.

50 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

For example you wouldn't need a Paypal payment option.

I think that his point is that the store owner should be able to figure this out and simply not click on the PayPal option. 

The harder thing would be that some options, e.g. Already Paid, would need to only appear this way.  Because you don't want people to select that unless they have, indeed, already paid.  Which is something that the store owner should mark, not the customer. 

At the moment, this seems more aimed at just doing an order while talking to the customer.  It doesn't really seem to cover in person options like cash.  So your friend would only be able to use it if he had a payment option like money order, which basically allows the order to proceed and puts the onus on the store owner to validate payment. 

Always back up before making changes.

10 minutes ago, ecartz said:

I think that his point is that the store owner should be able to figure this out and simply not click on the PayPal option. 

Should be able to doesn't mean they will.

11 minutes ago, ecartz said:

At the moment, this seems more aimed at just doing an order while talking to the customer.  It doesn't really seem to cover in person options like cash.  So your friend would only be able to use it if he had a payment option like money order, which basically allows the order to proceed and puts the onus on the store owner to validate payment. 

I would create a payment module based off the Cash on Delivery one for him, the difficult part would be making it only appear when an Admin is logged in as a user.

15 minutes ago, burt said:

How's this interact with GDPR ?  Anyone thought about that? 
Logging into a Customers Account seems like a massive red flag (though that is a kneejerk thought of mine).

Marks and Spencer used to do it in a similar way to this though that was prior to GDPR so it may have changed.

20 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

This addon makes it very easy to create orders using the customers account.

Thank you very much Jack @Jack_mcsfor your support of the OSC community.

Especially for your excellent support and for SHARING.

Cheers

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

4 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

I would say that there are some options that shouldn't be available and some that should if an order is placed this way. For example you wouldn't need a Paypal payment option.

I was talking with a friend yesterday who has a Phoenix shop and he does events, we discussed a way of adding a record of stock sold at the events. Customers may pay using cash or card and this would be a perfect way to do this if the right payment options were there.

To do this, either the payment page or the payment modules would need to be edited so that modules are displayed or hidden, depending on whether the phone orders code is being used or not. That would not be a difficult change but is beyond the scope of this addon at the moment.

2 hours ago, burt said:

How's this interact with GDPR ?  Anyone thought about that? 
Logging into a Customers Account seems like a massive red flag (though that is a kneejerk thought of mine).

I don't know much about GDPR rules so this may violate them. But it is meant to take a phone order so the shop owner would be talking to the customer and, I would think, that would make it legal since the customer is giving his approval by having the shop owner do the order.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

That is a nice link... but I was unable to make it work... still a PHP newbee
What I have is
  <div class="contentText">
      <div  class="input-group mb-3">
        <?php echo tep_draw_form('search_customers', tep_href_link('phone_orders.php','','SSL'), 'post') . tep_draw_hidden_field('search_form', 'active'); ?>
        <div style="display:inline-block">
          <?php

echo TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_EMAIL.' '. tep_draw_input_field('search_email').'<br>'.
                TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_FIRSTNAME.' '. tep_draw_input_field('search_firstname').'<br>'.
                TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_LASTNAME.' '. tep_draw_input_field('search_lastname').'<br>'.
                TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_PHONE.' '. tep_draw_input_field('search_phone');

?>
        </div>
========================================       
IF IN FORM FORMAT...  THIS IS THE CODE IN WHAT THE PICTURE IS BELOW.       
<form>
  <div class="input-group mb-3">
    <div class="input-group-prepend">
      <span class="input-group-text">Person</span>
    </div>
    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="1st Name">
    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Last Name">
  </div>
  <div>
    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Phone #">
    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Email">
  </div>
</form>   

Phone-in-Orders-change2.png

@toughmamaThis might do it. Change the following

<div class="main">
        <?php echo tep_draw_form('search_customers', tep_href_link('phone_orders.php','','SSL'), 'post') . tep_draw_hidden_field('search_form', 'active'); ?>
        <div style="display:inline-block">
          <?php 
           echo TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_EMAIL.' '. tep_draw_input_field('search_email').'<br>'.
                TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_LASTNAME.' '. tep_draw_input_field('search_lastname').'<br>'.
                TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_PHONE.' '. tep_draw_input_field('search_phone'); 
          ?>
        </div>
        <div class="buttonSet">
          <div class="text-left"><button type="submit" class="btn btn-info btn-search">Search</button></div>
        </div>
        </forum>
      </div>

to this

<div class="form-group row">
           <label for="entryEmail" class="col-form-label col-sm-3 text-left text-sm-right"><?php echo TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_EMAIL; ?></label>
           <div class="col-sm-9">
            <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('search_email', '', 'id="entryEmail"'); ?>
           </div>
         </div>  

<label for="entryNameLast" class="col-form-label col-sm-3 text-left text-sm-right"><?php echo TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_LASTNAME; ?></label>
           <div class="col-sm-9">
            <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('search_lastname', '', 'id="entryNameLast"'); ?>
           </div>
         </div>  

<label for="entryPhone" class="col-form-label col-sm-3 text-left text-sm-right"><?php echo TEXT_PHONE_ORDERS_SEARCH_PHONE; ?></label>
           <div class="col-sm-9">
            <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('search_phone', '', 'id="entryPhone"'); ?>
           </div>
         </div>  

<div class="buttonSet">
           <div class="text-left"><button type="submit" class="btn btn-info btn-search">Search</button></div>
         </div>  
       </form>

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Bug found on catalog/phone_orders.php

Line 90

Replace "</forum>" by "</form>" (seems to autocompletition error)

This wrong tag was giving me error with the form of ajax login

1 hour ago, PiLLaO said:

Replace "</forum>" by "</form>" (seems to autocompletition error)

Or replace the block of code from my previous post.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 8 months later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Applied fixes mentioned here.
  • Changed the search page for Phoenix to have a better look.
  • Created a version for the latest Phoenix (1.0.7.11).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons