• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM GDPR-cookie-widgets V1.2 Phoenix

JcMagpie

let’s you add a cookie widget to your site. This will allow your customer to refuse cookies if they wish to and let you comply with legislation.

What you allow will depend on who you are and what legal requirements you need to comply with. It is imposable to make an add-on that will work out of the box for all shops.

The header_tag installs the main script which loads the main js and makes language selection. It also allows you to enter the custom scripts for your cookies.

You have 10 input boxes admin to enter custom scripts. You do not need to use all 10, these are just to make management easy for most shops who will need only a few so can enter one into each box.

If you need more than ten then just add extras all into one box.

Included in the files is a list of some of the main scripts needed.

Simply copy from <script to </script> and paste into input box and save.

<script type="text/javascript">

(tarteaucitron.job = tarteaucitron.job || []).push('adsense');

</script>

That’s all that is required. If you need more scripts then go to this website and search for the one you need.

https://opt-out.ferank.eu/en/install/

The script is multilingual but I have only added a few to the code. These are in the header_tag class so if you need more you can edit it and add them.

$language_code == 'fr' ||

$language_code == 'en' ||

$language_code == 'nl' ||

$language_code == 'de' ||

$language_code == 'es' ||

$language_code == 'it' ||

$language_code == 'pt' ||

$language_code == 'pl' ||

$language_code == 'ru' ) {

I have to thank @Gyakutsuki for all his help with this add-on and especially the multilingual code.

That’s it again as always copy everything over into correct directory's don't forget to copy the new js files to ext.

Then go into admin and install and set up the module. The rest is straightforward and should be self explanatory. Has been tested on Phoenix 1.0.3.0 only.

You can see it working on this site

Enjoy.

image.png.e580c085e62366f7f6eaa7cd8b7fe164.png

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

I imagine others may be the same.

The add-on is simply a tool to add scripts nothing more. You either use the tool they supply to find one alrady available

Or you ask the company/software that is adding the cookies to support it's GDPR requirments. You can ask on the support site for new additions also I belive some are offered under the pro version only. Best ask on the site.

1 minute ago, JcMagpie said:

The add-on is simply a tool to add scripts nothing more. You either use the tool they supply to find one alrady available

Or you ask the company/software that is adding the cookies to support it's GDPR requirments. You can ask on the support site for new additions also I belive some are offered under the pro version only. Best ask on the site.

I'm not meaning you add them into the code I'm thinking have people add the scripts on this post so that others can find them.

Just now, LeeFoster said:

I'm not meaning you add them into the code

😊 I know :thumbsup:, it's ok I have been looking at the script download in the link I provided, that is where you will find what is beeing offerd and I have nt seen much new stuff added. So either people dont care, or it's just the basic stuff for free and you sign up to the pro version for the rest.

Talk to Stripe and see what they say, I checked with my payment provider and they say no cookies are loaded untill paymet option is selected and then it's required to use the service so you can not opt out. If you dont use the service no cookie is installed.

I would imagin it's the same for Stripe why would they need to add cookies if payment by them is not selected?

One for the payment system developers.

2 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Talk to Stripe and see what they say, I checked with my payment provider and they say no cookies are loaded untill paymet option is selected and then it's required to use the service so you can not opt out. If you dont use the service no cookie is installed.

I would imagin it's the same for Stripe why would they need to add cookies if payment by them is not selected?

One for the payment system developers.

Yes it's the same for Stripe

Then you have nothing to worry about as they have there own approval request . From what I saw on the stripe  website the cookie is only used if the customer selects remember me in the checkout. If the dont select this nothing is used. However if your still worried then just ping them an email and ask.

• 8 months later...