• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product listing

FWR Media

Hi Christoph

Yes I installed shop side a couple of months ago : Version 27 BS for OsC 2.3.4 Bootstrap+, dated 3/10/16.

I decided to add it to the admin side, everything seemed to go smoothly, (I always test both sides between installation as I go so I have some idea where the problem is). As soon as I edited the last file all I had was a blank screen in admin. 

Regards Shaun

Hello Shaun @RAC,

could you check your error log to see which error is thrown. Blank page means a fatal PHP error and it would be very helpful to know which one.

Hi Rainer

There are errors in the admin error log :

[16-Sep-2017 06:30:43 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  require_once(includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image_Helper.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 137
[16-Sep-2017 06:30:43 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image_Helper.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 137

And the shop side :

[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagecreatefrompng(./images/RAC.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 381
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagesx() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 382
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagesy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 383
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 385
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagecreatetruecolor(): Invalid image dimensions in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 393
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagealphablending() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 394
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagesavealpha() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 395
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagefilledrectangle() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 397
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 398
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagesx() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 400
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagesy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 401
[16-Sep-2017 06:20:36 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  imagecopy() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*****/public_html/Shop/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image.php on line 424

HTH Regards Shaun

9 hours ago, RAC said:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', '../images/');

This looks different on my install:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

and I couldn't find that instruction in 2_3_4_BS_installation.docx.

Therefore I asked.

Best regards

Christoph

@RAC,

this:

Warning:  require_once(includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image_Helper.php) 

means that the required files are not in place.

Did you copy the kissit files to the shop/includes directory? They have to be in the shop/includes, not in shop/admin/includes.

Hello Rainer

I am sorry I do not understand what has happened!

I installed kissit files in my shop/includes files several months ago, I have just decided to do the optional admin install :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upload the uploads directory to your osCommerce Admin installation preserving the directory structure. No core files are changed or overwritten, these files are all new, so this action is entirely safe.

Uploads/catalog/includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/all content..
Uploads/catalog/images/no_image_available_150_150.gif
Uploads/catalog/images/watermark.png

To:

[catalog]/admin/includes/modules/
[catalog]/admin /images/no_image_available_150_150.gif
[catalog]/admin /images/watermark.png

NOTE: files are identical for catalog and admin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I uploaded the above files yesterday, but now there are no files in my admin folder!

I have even searched for kiss in my file manager, only the previously installed catalog side is found.

I will revisit this in a couple of days, (when it is less hectic here) and I will try and fathom out what has happened then.

I will let you know.

Kind Regards Shaun

Hello @raiwa

I can not explain how the files I uploaded into the admin side disappeared, even though the admin thumbs were still there throughout despite ctrl + F5 refresh, spooky!

However I reinstalled and double checked all file edits, now all seems fine, thank you. 

--------------------------------------

On 9/16/2017 at 4:31 PM, beerbee said:

This looks different on my install:

and I couldn't find that instruction in 2_3_4_BS_installation.docx.

Therefore I asked.

Best regards

Christoph

@beerbee

These were additional instructions for adding thumbs into admin.

--------------------------------------------------------

6.) catalog/ADMIN/includes/configure.php

NOTE: You need to change permissions for this file to 755 or 777 to be able to change it.
Don’t forget to set permissions back to it’s original value 444 or 400 once you finished editing.

Find these lines

Replace with the following:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', '../images/');

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your help, again!

Kind regards to both, Shaun

On 6/19/2017 at 0:40 PM, raiwa said:

@SuperPower09,

the thumbs directory path uses the DIR_WS_IMAGES definition at the beginning. So if you have this correct defined to the shared image directory it should work. if you changed there something for example to an absolute path, make sure the thumbs path is correct.

You can check it within the tep_image function in html_output.php:

if(!is_dir(DIR_WS_IMAGES . KISSIT_THUMBS_MAIN_DIR))mkdir(DIR_WS_IMAGES . KISSIT_THUMBS_MAIN_DIR, 0777);
	  if ( !is_file(DIR_WS_IMAGES . KISSIT_THUMBS_MAIN_DIR . '.htaccess') ) {
	    $hpname = DIR_WS_IMAGES . KISSIT_THUMBS_MAIN_DIR . '.htaccess';

// Create thumbs sub dirs and .htaccess.	
    $thumbs_dir_path = str_replace(DIR_WS_IMAGES, DIR_WS_IMAGES . KISSIT_THUMBS_MAIN_DIR . $width .'_'.$height.'/', dirname($src) . '/');

rgds

Rainer

On 7/24/2017 at 9:08 PM, Dan Cole said:

@SuperPower09 DeDe make sure you use a file system path for your thumbs/image define.  As I recall (I tripped over this before) is_file, which is used in the image_helper class, will not work with an absolute path.  My coffee wears off at this time of night so hopefully my memory is still serving me well.

Dan 

Okay guys, sorry for the really late response but I finally got around to looking at this recently.

Again, just so you don't have to go back a page, I'm pretty much just trying to have two oscommerce installs with KissIT Thumbnailer and they both use the same thumbnail directory.

So, in this case, I guess I'm just looking at how to properly add the file system path.

Is this something I would add to the KissIT tep_image function or do I have to literally set up a different thumb define in the configure.php file?

Hello again,

I seem to have just a small, (or is it a too large) problem.

The icons used in the "We Accept" box in the left hand column have all enlarged, resulting in the PayPal icon extending out of the box.

Any suggestions?

Regards Shaun

6 hours ago, beerbee said:

admin->configuration->images

There should be entries:

KissIT min image size,  my setting there: 25

KissIT Disable Image Upsize, my setting there: true

Hello Christoph

Yes I saw these settings, mine are the same, I was hoping that the icons were not altered by KissIT, darn.

Why should the size be different on different browsers?  Firefox and MS edge are fine, Chrome is larger.

Regards Shaun

Hi Shaun,

in bm_card_acceptance.php

$output .= tep_image('images/card_acceptance/' . basename($logo), null, null, null, null, false);

as there is no size defined, KissIT should not come into play anyway, nevertheless what happens if you change to tep_image_legacy( which should be the renamed original function in html_output.php.

Best regards

Christoph

Hi Shaun,

in includes/modules/boxes/bm_card_acceptance.php on line 40 (very likely) you should find

$output .= tep_image('images/card_acceptance/' . basename($logo), null, null, null, null, false);

replace with

$output .= tep_image_legacy('images/card_acceptance/' . basename($logo), null, null, null, null, false);

This is just to find out if KissIT is involved anyway (it shouldn't) by using the original tep_image function.

Hello Christoph

I have just discovered the problem, my screen was magnified!

My mouse pad has pinch magnification and I must have inadvertently increased magnification, I knocked it down a notch and there we have it, all sorted. 

I am truly sorry for the waste of your time.

Kind regards Shaun.

• 1 month later...

@raiwa

Hi, 

I just stumbled upon this article

https://css-tricks.com/responsive-images-youre-just-changing-resolutions-use-srcset/

and started to think if this srcset thing could be theoretically implemented into KissIT? If I get the whole thing right this could be very useful for mobile devices where images are scaled down by the browser and slowing down loading time, at the end of the article there is wordpress plugin mentioned.

Best regards 

Christoph

1 minute ago, beerbee said:

I just stumbled upon this article

https://css-tricks.com/responsive-images-youre-just-changing-resolutions-use-srcset/

and started to think if this srcset thing could be theoretically implemented into KissIT? If I get the whole thing right this could be very useful for mobile devices where images are scaled down by the browser and slowing down loading time, at the end of the article there is wordpress plugin mentioned.

Interesting, will have a look.

@raiwa

Hi Rainer,

I'm about to install the BootStrap version of this addon into a BS Edge set-up. I have not yet looked through the files in the package, but I did search this entire forum for the following.

I noticed that BS Edge adds the img-responsive class to tep_image() and this BootStrap class has the height set to auto. The same thing with the thumbnail class. So, ..does this addon address this image responsive resizing?

Edited by Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

1 hour ago, Demitry said:

@raiwa

Hi Rainer,

I'm about to install the BootStrap version of this addon into a BS Edge set-up. I have not yet looked through the files in the package, but I did search this entire forum for the following.

I noticed that BS Edge adds the img-responsive class to tep_image() and this BootStrap class has the height set to auto. The same thing with the thumbnail class. So, ..does this addon address this image responsive resizing?

Yes, it does, it fully supports BS features. But you need to enter values for image height and width to get kissit to work on images. It then keeps the required image proportion when generating thumbs. Please read the instructions for more info.

Hello all

I need to have multiple images for each product, as I will be selling antiques and vintage items. Does anyone know of a multi image addon that does not interfere with the kissIT installation?

Shaun  

1 hour ago, RAC said:

Hello all

I need to have multiple images for each product, as I will be selling antiques and vintage items. Does anyone know of a multi image addon that does not interfere with the kissIT installation?

Shaun  

Hello Shaun @RAC,

For which OsC version?

For 2.3.4 there are already multi images built in for the product page. Or do you refer to the product listing.

KissIt will support any images which use the width and height parameter and tep_image function. If you do not wish to apply the kissit thumb on a specific image, you can use the "tep_image_legacy" function instead.

Hello Rainer @raiwa

First to clarify I have 2.3.4bs Edge.

Sorry this is my error, I did not see the further option of adding another large image below the image I had just selected.

Thank you for your time, this is a great addon.

Regards Shaun

@raiwa

hey Rainer,

After installing this addon including the product_info.php mods on my new BS Edge, I went into Admin > Configure > Images and tried to find the control to remove the watermark. I removed the watermark file name and reset the thumbs, then cleared the store cache and did a hard refresh (F5) on the browser, but the watermark file is still covering the image on the product_info page.

Also, I assume that the thumbs reset option is a regeneration of all thumbs and should only be set to "reset" for that purpose and then reversed back to "false".. is that correct?

So, is there a better way to disable the watermark or should I try adding a 1px transparent file as the watermark?

Edited by Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce