• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple store closed add-on

JcMagpie

I have been working at making a simple add-on to allow a user to close the online store. Looking to keep it as simple as posiable and not affect SEO in any way. What I have ended up with are 2 simple add-ons.

1) Button control header tag add-on.

This works in 2 ways.

a) is to allows you to hide all the buy buttons in index and index listed and boxes or any other add-on installed. You just add any aditional hides to the header tag. The add to cart button is hiddden below.

image.png.686dcc0b9856ee2ebb09aa12e08e0e05.png

b) is to replace the product info buy button with a disabled button with "Sorry Closed" text

image.png.88bae173ed9e1b781712ce2fc733c0e1.png

The rest of the site can just be left as is, as nothing can be added to cart.

The second add-on is a simlple header message that can be shown on selected pages that lets the customer know that you are closed.

image.thumb.png.432c6f80a1990c915fdbd1ad25554de2.png

This is just a simple method which requires no core changes or the need to turn any parts of the existing shop off.

So far looks to work fine on the test sites. Anyone intrested is welcome to try it out, just PM me for the code. Just remember as I have no idea what modules or add-ons are running on your site the button control header tag will need to be modified for you site. It's just a case of finding all the buttons involved in addin to cart or buy now and adding them to the display:none list.

Note: If your looking for somthing more sophisticated then use one of the existing add-on's in the app store.

Edited by JcMagpie