• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Phoenix Navbar Modules

Dan Cole

With the cold weather approaching here in Canada I'm planning to take some time and update my old Gold site to Phoenix.  I'm hoping to use my in between time, in between mowing grass and shoveling snow to tackle this and I'm going to start at the top and see if I can mould it up without any core changes.  Starting at the top has me looking at the NavBar modules and I can see that it could use a few modules, at least to get it to where I'd like to go....I could use modules to add the...

site phone number

contact us

about us

search and

top level categories.  

I assume others have wanted one of more of these modules already so I'm wondering what others have coded up.  So, before I jump in has anyone blazed this trail already?  I know there are older modules available but I'm specifically looking for Phoenix ready modules.  Anyone?

Dan

Have done some of these for BS4 Frozen but not used them on Phoenix but should work as I don't think anything has changed. May not be up to your standerd so check but think they are all in the app store

Even the search is avaiable I belive John did that for me some time ago. Also I posted 3 generic navbar add-on that can be used for anything.

image.thumb.png.de0853a8dd004b1f94ab7e2d7fcf29bb.png

May not be what your looking for but you can check them out here https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/

@Dan Cole
I really love the new Phoenix modularity with the lego bricks already there to build whatever you want.
It already has the modules there that can be easily cloned to suit your own purpose - even I have managed to do it which says a lot about how idiot proof it is!

1 minute ago, Heatherbell said:

@Dan Cole
I really love the new Phoenix modularity with the lego bricks already there to build whatever you want.
It already has the modules there that can be easily cloned to suit your own purpose - even I have managed to do it which says a lot about how idiot proof it is!

Yup...been there, done that many times....I'm just lazy and hate reinventing the wheel.  Besides there is not a lot of time between cutting grass and shoveling snow.  😂

Dan

4 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Have done some of these for BS4 Frozen but not used them on Phoenix but should work as I don't think anything has changed. May not be up to your standerd so check but think they are all in the app store

Even the search is avaiable I belive John did that for me some time ago. Also I posted 3 generic navbar add-on that can be used for anything.

image.thumb.png.de0853a8dd004b1f94ab7e2d7fcf29bb.png

May not be what your looking for but you can check them out here https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/

Thanks Zahid...if no one has any Phoenix modules they can share, I'll be sure to dig in and get under the hood.   I'll post back whatever I end up doing.

Dan

@Dan Cole

I adapted my Modal Login module, the Horizontal CatMenu XS module, and the TypeAhead Store Search modules (which still has issues) all into NavBar modules. It's all my crude code, and probably not good enough to share. PM me if you want an URL to see.

With whatever modules you do work on, do pay attention to how things display in XS mode.

Malcolm

Three of them work fine in phoenix I'll try and find time to look at the other over the next few weeks. I don't belive I issued any of the BS4 versions as add-ons ( not sure just can not remember) but they are available.

image.png.b98aa31ac43243b777577b1aa28cb07a.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd post back as promised....I had a little time over the past week or so but not a lot.   The weather turned nice again but I'm not complaining.   In any case I think I now have my NavBar where I want to take it or at least close enough for now.  In the not to distant future I'll add a Manufacturers (Brands) module which I already have.  In any case here is what I ended up with.    To show Malcolm @ArtcoInc that I paid attention to his post I'll include images of my NavBar in the different screen sizes.

Large Screen

NavBar-lg-screen.thumb.jpg.9b4460daf2c699ae6d33080719d2ee6d.jpg

Medium Screens

NavBar-md-screen.jpg.a03639bc550fcb0721f30fe3b7439797.jpg

And Small Screens.

NavBar-xs-screen.jpg.bf4fc2febd655e668e4663b836a654f2.jpg

The basis for the About Us NavBar module came from @JcMagpie  Thanks Zahid .  The Phone number came from one of the existing modules that I reworked a bit.  The Category Drop down (Products) and Search are a couple of modules that Gary released in this 28days of code a while back.  I tweaked them a wee bit for Phoenix but they pretty much worked from the get go.

Thanks to all who took the time to point me in the right direction.  Okay, I'm off to mow the grass...

Dan

Archived