• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stripe v3 module for SCA

asro2004

@raiwaHi, hope you are well.

I noticed this issue recently and during the follow up tests that when existing customer or new (PWA) chose Stripe SCA as payment method, even going to site.com/checkout_confirmation.php create new order. 

During the test, I did not even fill card information, but only visiting this page created new order, however I do not receive order confirmation email, which shop owner and customer usually receive after successful completion of order.

I can only found out this through Admin site order page, but then I had to check Stripe website to confirm if customer successfully made payment or not.

Can you shed some light on this issue please, and how to resolve it.

Thanks

It is how the module works. It creates already the order at checkout_confirmation.php

See the very first messager in this thread:

As the process flow has changed to use a web hook, the order has to be created in a pending state, and then updated to completed status after the payment has been authorised. Consequently, you need to set the new order status to 'Preparing [Stripe SCA]', and the order status is set to the status the order is to be set to, after the payment is authorised.

Technical Notes

The Stripe v3 process flow now requires a PaymentIntent to be created before the payment page is displayed, and a 'data secret' it generates to be included in the HTML form. If a saved card is used, the Stripe customer id and payment method id has to be added to the PaymentIntent. During coding, it was found that a payment method could not be removed from a PaymentIntent, so rather than update the PaymentIntent with a server call as the saved card/new card is selected, the adding of the customer and payment method is deferred until immediately before submitting the payment to Stripe in a Javascript call when the form is submitted. The payment_intent.php server hook is also used to save the value of the 'save card' check box in the PaymentIntent so it is accessible to the webhook called after the payment is authorised.

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

It creates already the order at checkout_confirmation.php

Thanks,

Does that means that if status " Preparing [Stripe SCA]" shown in order and payment is not completed , then perhaps after some time we better delete this incomplete order, otherwise it will keep filling up incomplete order?

Also I have Google reCAPTCHA v3 installed which works well in new account page, but not working on PWA module. is it any way I can make it work in PWA module to stop possibility of spamming guest customers and unnecessary Stripe SCA incomplete orders.

Thanks

Edited by zeeshop

Does that means that if status " Preparing [Stripe SCA]" shown in order and payment is not completed , then perhaps after some time we better delete this incomplete order, otherwise it will keep filling up incomplete order?

Yes

Also I have Google reCAPTCHA v3 installed which works well in new account page, but not working on PWA module. is it any way I can make it work in PWA module to stop possibility of spamming guest customers and unnecessary Stripe SCA incomplete orders.

I do not know this module, but I believe you just need to add the create_account_pwa.php page to the page list where to add it.

You should ask the developer of that module.

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, asro2004 said:

Also, I'm embarassed to say that the authorize/capture isn't implemented either. All Stripe transactions are submitted as capture transactions regardless of the module configuration. I'll have to double check, but I think that applied to the old Stripe module as well. I can see there is an option when creating a payment intent to set it as an authorise transaction with an amount to capture. I'll include that in my to do list.

Did you ever get a chance to look into this?

• 3 months later...

I use  osCommerce 2.3.4.1 CE with PHP 7.0

I"m trying to install this payment module to give my buyers an alternative payment method other than just PayPal.

stripe_sca_v1.0.18

Stuck on this piece of text in the install instructions:

Note the DIR_FS_CATALOG constant should be set to a path string, rather than the value  dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/' because the includes/modules/payment/stripe_sca.php has a require that references the stripe-php library, and is executed at different locations in the directory structure and fails when the DIR_FS_CATALOG value varies with location.

It's been a while since I've played with code, so, I'm a bit lost now.  

If my website is called www.mywebsite.com - what do I change the DIR_FS_CATALOG constant to?  There are many instances of that constant in the file - do I change them all?  Or just one particular piece of code?

Additionally, I see in Admin...the module after it's installed...the following:

proxy.JPG.a96d659b41f6e4e1e85ff31c13dd39e2.JPG

Is it necessary to fill this out and if so, I have no idea what to put there.

Thanks for any help!  - Andrea

• 3 months later...

A recent customer contacted me to make sure her payment went through. She was confused because in her account area the saved card page showed an old expiration date. Doesn't this expiration date get updated automatically when customers get a new card with the same account number? Perhaps she must delete this card and checkout with new card? Regardless, her payment was successful using her saved card which had the wrong expiration date.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

16 hours ago, Smoky Barnable said:

A recent customer contacted me to make sure her payment went through. She was confused because in her account area the saved card page showed an old expiration date. Doesn't this expiration date get updated automatically when customers get a new card with the same account number? Perhaps she must delete this card and checkout with new card? Regardless, her payment was successful using her saved card which had the wrong expiration date.

I had that happen to me and had to add a new card and delete the old one. If you speak to Stripe they will tell you its a security thing so cards cannot just be updated by anyone, which is good.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

On 9/29/2021 at 3:09 AM, puggybelle said:

I use  osCommerce 2.3.4.1 CE with PHP 7.0

I"m trying to install this payment module to give my buyers an alternative payment method other than just PayPal.

stripe_sca_v1.0.18

Stuck on this piece of text in the install instructions:

It's been a while since I've played with code, so, I'm a bit lost now.  

If my website is called www.mywebsite.com - what do I change the DIR_FS_CATALOG constant to?  There are many instances of that constant in the file - do I change them all?  Or just one particular piece of code?

Additionally, I see in Admin...the module after it's installed...the following:

proxy.JPG.a96d659b41f6e4e1e85ff31c13dd39e2.JPG

Is it necessary to fill this out and if so, I have no idea what to put there.

Thanks for any help!  - Andrea

I would imaging just the one in the includes/configure file. 

I use stripe and my is like this

const DIR_FS_CATALOG = '/home/######/public_html/';

My proxy server settings are also empty because I dont use one so no need for anything , although if you do use a proxy then you will need to put something in there.

• 1 month later...

I can capture customers ip address during the checkout process when customer pays with PayPal,  but this fails when customer uses stripe. Is there a way to capture the ip during order creation? Trying to capture in web hook or checkout success has failed thus far. If not, I could just capture upon account creation.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to migrate this addon from card-element to payment-element? To my understanding this will increase more payment options other than just credit cards, e.g. apple pay/google pay.

I have been reading this: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-element/migration

and tried to make some tweaks to this addon but I can't it to work.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 7:34 AM, yufonb said:

Is it possible to migrate this addon from card-element to payment-element? To my understanding this will increase more payment options other than just credit cards, e.g. apple pay/google pay.

I have been reading this: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-element/migration

I have messaged you

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer NOT to get credit card info on my website.  For years have been using 2CheckOut.com (they have gotten really lousy, so need to dump)  and PayPal.   Both of these payment options collect credit card info on their respective websites, and then return to mine.

Is there a way to use the Stripe add-on like this.  Or perhaps (easily) mod the code so that it does?

Stripe inserts a place holder into your payments page. Despite appearing on your website the input fields are hosted by Stripe so card data is never on your server and your customer never leaves your site.

Full PCI compliance is provided automatically by Stripe providing you have a SSL so there are no lengthy forms to fill in..

I find their service reliable and far cheaper than PayPal.

• 1 month later...

You wouldn't believe how many customers have asked me "What is stripe?". I guess I have to just call the payment method "credit card".

- Rabindranath Tagore

I call it "Debit and Credit Cards"

With the Stripe SCA module the customer never sees the Stripe branding unless you have your Stripe account set up to send receipts direct to your customer.

I also have code in the PayPal app that prevents PayPal appearing as an option if the customer has ever used another payment method. So if they have only used PayPal in the past, or they are a new customer, they can still do so, if they have ever used Stripe or something else it does not give the the option of choosing PayPal.

Edited by mhsuffolk

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, mhsuffolk said:
On 3/22/2022 at 7:34 AM, yufonb said:

Can I have help with the same problem, please

• 1 month later...

Had a strange occurrence today. Two customers arrived at the checkout confirmation page at the same time. They both had the same product and the same quantity in their carts. One customer submitted their credit card info about 40 seconds before the other customer. Both payments were successful but I did not have the stock to fulfill one of them. I guess I'm going to have to add a stock check on stripe payment process somewhere. I understand the web-hook deducts stock but that wouldn't deduct the stock in the other customers cart if they were on the final payment page entering their credit card info. Oddly enough, both customers were located in the same small city and had the same first name. Checking the map they live about 4 minutes from each other. What are the odds...considering thousands of products? Any statistics geeks out there?

- Rabindranath Tagore

• 5 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 4:10 PM, raiwa said:

@asro2004,

Tested v. 1.0.5 and all fine.

It seems I found an easy fix for the discount module which should also work for all other third party order total modules:

in stripe_sca.php line 127 add "order_total_modules->process();"

function confirmation() {
        global $oscTemplate, $cartID, $cart_Stripe_SCA_ID, $customer_id, $languages_id, $order, $currencies, $currency, $stripe_payment_intent_id, $order_total_modules;

$order_total_modules->process();

Hi

Where I can finde version v. 1.0.5

Thank you for your help

On 12/27/2020 at 5:22 PM, raiwa said:

Uploaded update with the above fix for OsCommerce 2.x.x

Stripe v3 SCA Version 1.1.0r1

includes:

Full version 1.1.0 for Phoenix 1.0.7.9+ONLY!
No changes

Full version 1.0.17 for Phoenix 1.0.5.1+ONLY!
No changes

Full version 1.0.18 for all previous OSC and Phoenix versions
Changes 1.0.18
- Backed hardcoded configuration titles and descriptions for OsCommerce 2.x.x compatibility

Hello,

I have OsCommerce v2.3.4 PHP Version 5.6.40

Please  attach zip file Full version 1.0.18 for all previous OSC and Phoenix versions, or can you send me link where is possible to download that version.

Thank you in advance

On 3/4/2023 at 7:52 AM, tander2 said:

Hello,

I have OsCommerce v2.3.4 PHP Version 5.6.40

Please  attach zip file Full version 1.0.18 for all previous OSC and Phoenix versions, or can you send me link where is possible to download that version.

Thank you in advance

https://old.oscommerce.com/EbCL1&stripe-v3-sca