• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Youtube Video for Product

rajudp

You can embed a video in the product description by adding the html code provided by YouTube. An example is shown below:

<div class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-16by9"><p>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uaYJvhp_8hg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

</p></div>

33 minutes ago, rajudp said:

please help me to set youtube video for item. i have tried all addons but none is working for me.

No add-on required if you wish to show on product page. Simply use the stock gallary to add a large image with a video holding image and add your iframe with the link to the video into the image html box. That's it you have linked an image to that product now when you go to the product you will see the holding image click it and the video will show.

You must have a holding image.

You can see this in opperation here. video in gallery

image.thumb.png.3c4051190ca5c2bd9ce88fdb8789f533.png

image.png.b159bc4980a31b8e9cebc896bc3ce3da.png

• 1 year later...

The ability to add videos via the "products gallery" was removed.  It was unwanted by a majority of shopowners.

If you need to add in video, inline it in the product description would be a simple option.

Or make(or get made) a module to suit needs.  Could be

• a pi module
  • a content module
  • a tab module

Would need some type of admin interface, I suggest a Hook for that.

What is the purpose of htmlcontent field nowadays? I tested in 1.0.7.9 and put some plain text into htmlcontent of one gallery image. The text will show in the carousel on the particularly image.

6 hours ago, vmn said:

What is the purpose of htmlcontent field nowadays? I tested in 1.0.7.9 and put some plain text into htmlcontent of one gallery image. The text will show in the carousel on the particularly image.

Put some info or something like that and why plain text? 

example.png

On 11/11/2020 at 4:28 PM, Fiber said:

Put some info or something like that and why plain text? 

Unfortunately, multiple languages are not supported. So, I can't see much use for htmlcontent.

I've implemented optional multi-lingual description text for product images in  v2.3.4.1 CE (BS). Right now I'm learning hooks and have made the same (still testing) for Phoenix 1.0.7.9 without changing the core. Gallery modules are the next thing to override.