• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Vendor Login

LeeFoster

Morning all,

I am in discussion with a developer to have a vendor login module built. Before discussion go any further I wanted to reach out to see if this would be of use to anyone else? As it is a commercial request I would be asking interested parties to contribute to this. Should no one be interested I will go ahead with this myself. 

Please drop me a message if this is of any interest.

Thanks

As @burt has pointed out it might not be clear what the addon does.

The main functions are that it will allow a vendor to login and upload products themselves as well as setting the price and getting notifications when their product sells. The vendor will also be able to login and see orders that they will need to action (but only their items on that order).

As as shop owner you will have the ability to control who is allowed to sell and will be able to set a percentage that you add to their sales (This would usually be agreed in advance with them). 

I am hoping that we can also add a way to split the payments for the % to go to the store owner and the rest to go directly to the vendor (need to discuss this still).

I am also open to any user suggestions on this addon.

You want to make a marketplace ? I do not think there is something like that on the marketplace. It will be a custom development.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

1 minute ago, Gyakutsuki said:

You want to make a marketplace ? I do not think there is something like that on the marketplace. It will be a custom development.

I am aware that it will be a custom development, that's why I stated I am in discussions with a developer and looking for other people who may want something similar to reduce my own and possibly their outlay for the same thing.

If you want save money, you can see Prestashop, Woo Commerce, Magento, Open Cart or other shopping carts. You will find  different module for that.
After you can develop something with Osc, but I am not sure it's the best solution for that. You will have the change lot of thing inside the application but it's possible.
Just a question you want a B2B also ?

Regards
Loïc

5 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

No it's just going to be B2C

These vendors will only be accesing the admin, which has changed very little,  have a look at this add-on, may need updating a bit.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/ZwG4h&supplier-admin-area-v0-2

It's a contribution that allows you to create some suppliers and set a markup percentage for each one and select which categories they can add their products to with a login name and password. The suppliers can then login to their own pages where they can add products to their categories entering the cost price that they sell the product to you for. The front of the shop will show the list price determined by the markup on cost you had set for that supplier. The suppliers can only see and modify their own products and not any other suppliers.

19 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

These vendors will only be accesing the admin, which has changed very little,  have a look at this add-on, may need updating a bit.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/ZwG4h&supplier-admin-area-v0-2

It's a contribution that allows you to create some suppliers and set a markup percentage for each one and select which categories they can add their products to with a login name and password. The suppliers can then login to their own pages where they can add products to their categories entering the cost price that they sell the product to you for. The front of the shop will show the list price determined by the markup on cost you had set for that supplier. The suppliers can only see and modify their own products and not any other suppliers.

I tried this and couldn't get it to work.

It is going to be a B2BC:

owner -> vendors -> customers

B2C is what osC is already capable of.

B2B requires a "Show Price Only for Logged In Customers" module which is available in the appmarket.

Edited by kgtee

• 2 weeks later...

@LeeFoster To make something in B2B, it's not so simple, some sql request must change, some function and classes must be changed. It's a big work, it's not to add just a module. It's more complex.
Osc is correct for the B2C, as I said, there is some other e-commerce solution has this function very well implemented.

Regards
Loïc

• 5 months later...

I did work on Multi Vendor module a long time ago. Is that something your talking about? The module is called MVS but I haven't looked at it or touched it in years to be honest.

Well someone redid it not too long ago,

https://apps.oscommerce.com/lsS4c&mvs-for-v2-3-4-bs-edge

Like others mentioned look at other carts.

CS-Cart is one of the best for Multi Vendor, I would check that one.

Edited by tmcca

7 hours ago, tmcca said:

I did work on Multi Vendor module a long time ago. Is that something your talking about? The module is called MVS but I haven't looked at it or touched it in years to be honest.

Well someone redid it not too long ago,

https://apps.oscommerce.com/lsS4c&mvs-for-v2-3-4-bs-edge

Like others mentioned look at other carts.

CS-Cart is one of the best for Multi Vendor, I would check that one.

What is it the module did?

4 hours ago, hungryfrank said:

I think you can make any add-on work.but to make them work without changing the core is a different story.

I think most of it could be done without changing core, you'd essentially be making a duplicate of admin and adding restrictions to it.*

*This is me explaining it in the most basic of terms.

Are there not already addons that allow multiple admin users. I seem to remember that this subject has arisen several times. The only thing that will need fixing is a way to split the payments between accounts without the main site owner being liable for addition personal and business taxes.

I can see a potential use for something like this on my site a its hobby re;lated and people love selling what they own, but it is something that is way off in the distant time for now.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

11 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

Are there not already addons that allow multiple admin users. I seem to remember that this subject has arisen several times. The only thing that will need fixing is a way to split the payments between accounts without the main site owner being liable for addition personal and business taxes.

I can see a potential use for something like this on my site a its hobby re;lated and people love selling what they own, but it is something that is way off in the distant time for now.

There is a vendor admin add-on but no one has been able to get it to work on anything since 2.2 I think. My site will be hobby related also and I want to be able to allow other vendors to sell and manage through my site. Kind of like an Amazon market place, then when an order gets placed they are notified of anything they need to ship and as you say payment gets split.

can you point a link and what the issue is. I need to add vendors also. if it is for 2.2 its easier to understand for me

1 hour ago, LeeFoster said:

There is a vendor admin add-on but no one has been able to get it to work on anything since 2.2 I think. My site will be hobby related also and I want to be able to allow other vendors to sell and manage through my site. Kind of like an Amazon market place, then when an order gets placed they are notified of anything they need to ship and as you say payment gets split.

Edited by hungryfrank

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

I am going to try. of ofcourse if you have good developer that is familiar with osCommerce  they can make one that dose exactly what u want. with this there are a lot of changes that has to be done to the core.  

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

44 minutes ago, hungryfrank said:

I am going to try. of ofcourse if you have good developer that is familiar with osCommerce  they can make one that dose exactly what u want. with this there are a lot of changes that has to be done to the core.  

I was able to get it installed but when it came to logging in as a vendor it wouldn't log in. I have been in contact with @burt to get something written but funds are a little restrictive at the moment.

in suppliers_area_top.php comment out     //$password = md5($password); line 8

and with  php. admin just put a number in password 11like and use 11 two login and see where it takes u

this way if the problem is encoding md5 we know and u can checkout the rest of stuff

Edited by hungryfrank

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

4 minutes ago, hungryfrank said:

in suppliers_area_top.php comment out     //$password = md5($password); line 8

and with  php. admin just put a number in password 11like and use 11 two login and see where it takes u

this way if the problem is encoding md5 we know and u can checkout the rest of stuff

I don't have it installed in a test environment at the moment.