• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Oh, the table is there, but the define for that table is missing on either the catalog side or the admin side (includes/database_tables.php).

You wouldn't happen to know what the defines are? I have tried adding the obvious and there isn't anything mentioned in the install instructions about the database at all?!? Weird!

Thanks!

there isn't anything mentioned in the install instructions about the database at all?!? Weird!

Both the sql needed for adding support for split products, the defines, code etcetera is found in the file split_products_instructions.txt which is in the directory dimensional_support. There is no separate sql file for the split products mod.

Both the sql needed for adding support for split products, the defines, code etcetera is found in the file split_products_instructions.txt which is in the directory dimensional_support. There is no separate sql file for the split products mod.

Thanks for your help Jan!!

Well that was stupid of me wasn't it! All is fixed on that end.

Now I am just updating products and such and noticed that when I put in a new weight in, it doesn't update. It does with the length and all that. But not the weight.

Any Ideas?

Probably a small error when you added the code in admin/categories.php. Can't think of anything else.

I have check, rechecked and checked again, and found nothing. Is there anywhere else it might be in? There is no error coming up in my log either so I am not even pointed in the right direction. I can't post the code here, it is telling me it is too long. I even compared it to my current working sites file and everything is the same minus the additions I have added, which are working with no problems. Just this darn weight thing!

I have check, rechecked and checked again, and found nothing.

Probably something small. Have you compared your file side to side (using comparison software like Kdiff3) with the file categories.php in the package (which has the dimensional support code in it).

Pay special attention to the section that adds the products particulars to the database (around 209 and lower):

case 'insert_product':
     case 'update_product':

I just went through steps 1 through 3 on the UPSXML install.txt file (UPS XML Rates v1.3.6 for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 RC2a 2009/07/18

) and am getting the following error when I try to proceed to step 4:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/tanningl/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 93.

Then you must have made a small mistake when adding the piece of code in modules.php.

Here's what I have:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
   switch ($action) {
// {{ buySAFE Module
     case 'buysafe_save':
       if ( ( $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_SEAL_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'] == '' ||
              $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_SEAL_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'] == '-- none --' )
              &&
            ( $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_STORE_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'] == '' ||
              $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_STORE_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'] == '-- none --' ) )
       {
         $seal_data = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_SEAL_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'"));
         $store_data = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_STORE_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'"));
         $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_SEAL_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'] = $seal_data['configuration_value'];
         $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_STORE_AUTHENTICATION_DATA'] = $store_data['configuration_value'];
       }

if (strlen($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_SEAL_AUTHENTICATION_DATA']) != 88)
       {
         $messageStack->add('Data entry error: Invalid seal authentication data. Please fix the input data and try again.', 'error');
         $action = 'buysafe_edit';
       }
       if (strlen($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']['MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_STORE_AUTHENTICATION_DATA']) != 36)
       {
         $messageStack->add('Data entry error: Invalid store authentication data. Please fix the input data and try again.', 'error');
       }
       if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['test_authentication'] == '1')
       {
       }
       if ($action == 'buysafe_edit') break;
// }}        
     case 'save':
       while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {
	if (is_array($value) ) {
         $value = implode( ", ", $value);
	      $value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
       break;
     case 'install':
     case 'remove':
       $file_extension = substr($PHP_SELF, strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.'));
       $class = basename($HTTP_GET_VARS['module']);
       if (file_exists($module_directory . $class . $file_extension)) {
         include($module_directory . $class . $file_extension);
         $module = new $class;
         if ($action == 'install') {
           $module->install();
         } elseif ($action == 'remove') {
           $module->remove();
         }
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $class));
       break;
   }
 }
?>

Here's what I have:

Told you :lol:

case 'save':
	if (is_array($value) ) {
} // missing brace
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
       break;

Told you :lol:

case 'save':
	if (is_array($value) ) {
} // missing brace
       }
       break;

That did it. Thanks, Jan!

I am a web developer for oscommerce website and I integrated UPS XML contribution v1.3.6.

The contribution is working fine and the rates & selection services are returning properly from UPS.com.

Yesterday one of our customer tried to place an order with the total shipping weight of 150 lbs.

UPS returned an error saying "The maximum per package weight for the selected service from the selected country is 150 pounds."

Then we started analyzing this issue and found "UPS will not ship any products that exceeds 150 lbs" from UPS site.

We are running sports related website, so the products' weight may go higher than 150 lbs.

Is there any solution to resolve this issue and ship the products more than 150 lbs weight?

If yes, please provide me the necessary instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

~Vivekanandan

Vivekanandan

Yesterday one of our customer tried to place an order with the total shipping weight of 150 lbs.

UPS returned an error saying "The maximum per package weight for the selected service from the selected country is 150 pounds."

Then we started analyzing this issue and found "UPS will not ship any products that exceeds 150 lbs" from UPS site.

In the admin=> configuration=>Shipping/Packaging is a setting for Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship. It is possible this is set to over 150. Since it is a setting per package this is too high. You can ship much higher weight total than 150 lbs but not per package. You would have to lower that value if that is the case.

i was wondering if anyone could help me. I installed the shipping moduel and it get quote fine. The problem i am having is i get an error message when i try and setup a new product. Here is the error i get. Any help or advise would be great.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_height' in 'field list'

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_height, products_length, products_width, products_ready_to_ship, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_date_added) values ('0', '', '25', null, '5', '2', '12', '12', '', '1', '1', '10', now())

[TEP STOP]

i was wondering if anyone could help me. I installed the shipping moduel and it get quote fine. The problem i am having is i get an error message when i try and setup a new product. Here is the error i get. Any help or advise would be great.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_height' in 'field list'

You must have added some code for the dimensional support in admin/categories.php which you are apparently not using because the sql for the table wasn't run (and you didn't add the code on the catalog side either otherwise you would get errors).

You should remove it then.

First off i would like to thank you so much for your quick reply. I followed steps 2 - 4 and then tested it. I do get quotes fine. So i tryed to enter a new product with different figures for the weight and deminsions and i now have got a different error.

2.0//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE>

</HEAD><BODY>

<H1>Forbidden</H1>

You don't have permission to access /

on this server.<P>

<P>Additionally, a 403 Forbidden

error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

<HR>

<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.33 Server at AppStuff Port 80</ADDRESS>

</BODY></HTML>

And i did not add anything to the admin/catagories.php file. Any help would be great. Once again thanks so much.

Very powerful contribution. I solved different issues but this one I really can't figure out and can't find a post for similar issues.

I have created 15 different package sizes to fit my many products.

one box, 50 x 8 x 29 to fit a max of 4 panels 25 x 2 x 49. When I put 5 panels in the cart it used to create 2 boxes 50 x 8 x 29.

All good until I had to create a new box for a different product; 91 x 4 x 31.

Now if I put 5 panels in the cart the XML puts all 5 panels in the 91 x 4 x 31 instead of the correct one 50 x 8 x 29.

I've been losing brain cells over this one.

What am I missing?

I have created 15 different package sizes to fit my many products.

one box, 50 x 8 x 29 to fit a max of 4 panels 25 x 2 x 49. When I put 5 panels in the cart it used to create 2 boxes 50 x 8 x 29.

All good until I had to create a new box for a different product; 91 x 4 x 31.

Now if I put 5 panels in the cart the XML puts all 5 panels in the 91 x 4 x 31 instead of the correct one 50 x 8 x 29.

I've been losing brain cells over this one.

What am I missing?

You are not missing anything. The algorithms try to use as few boxes as possible so willl put 5 panels in the largest box is what it is programmed to do.

You cannot assign boxes to products or tell the algorithm not to use certain boxes for certain products.

That would mean extending the dimensional support with another feature. Don't know how complex that would be.

It appears as you've been on this path before since you've anticipated my next 2 questions.

I have been around here for a while :)

I REALLY wish I could find some kind of a solution because this way I can't give correct shipping costs to customers.

What do other do, any idea?

I can imagine but as I said it would need an additional feature in the dimensional support. Either by tying products to certain boxes or excluding products to be used with certain boxes. The last is probably not a good idea when you just added 100 products to be excluded and then add a new bigger box.

I don't have the time to look into it at the moment but it would mean changing functions in the class packaging and adding (e.g. with a popup window) an option to restrict a product to certain boxes with checkboxes and storing the data somewhere (separate table like the split products?).

OK. An addition doesn't have to come for free. I created a post on www.joomlancers.com where I'm willing to pay some1 for the mod. It's a site for freelancers.

I think forcing a product to use a specific set of boxes would be the winner for me.

Thanks.

I was wonder if any one had any suggestions for me. I have installed everything and it all seems to be working good.The ups rate quote seems to be coming back correct and it packing the products in boxs seems to be working great also.

The only issue i have is after i installed it i get an error when im in the admin panel and i click on a product just to view it.Not to edit it that seems to be working fine just when i try to view it. Any ideas? here the error. Thanks so much

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/content/b/k/m/bkmetalart/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/content/b/k/m/bkmetalart/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

• 2 weeks later...

I have this contribution installed and working. Thanks a ton to everyone that put time and effort into making it so great.

I want to let a user punch in a city, state and zipcode to get a rate quote w/o having to login or enter an entire address. Can anyone point me to a contribution that does this or tell me how to do it?

Thank you very much!

Steven

Anyone having problems duplicating products after installing UPS module? I got the following problem after I have installed both UPS and Ultimate SEO. Not sure which is causing the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-34' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert into products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) values ('0', '34')

Anyone having problems duplicating products after installing UPS module? I got the following problem after I have installed both UPS and Ultimate SEO. Not sure which is causing the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-34' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert into products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) values ('0', '34')

I can almost guarantee you this is caused by an error caused when you added code to admin/categories.php. The value for products_id is zero, and that cannot be.