New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Worked...

In includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php I changed

// if using the optional dimensional support, set to 1, otherwise leave as 0

define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1);

to

define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 0);

so now I am not getting that 1146 error.

But now I am back to the original problem. I put the Matrix DVD that has a weight of 7 lbs in my shopping cart and the UPS XML contrib is displaying a weight of 17 lbs.

Just to make sure, installing the UPS xml R & S and Attr w/ weights fix over UPS XML Rates v1.1.5 may help fix my incorrect weight problem and is what I should do at this point?

Thank you.

But now I am back to the original problem. I put the Matrix DVD that has a weight of 7 lbs in my shopping cart and the UPS XML contrib is displaying a weight of 17 lbs.

And you are positive this is not the standard tare that osC adds? This is a setting in the admin part. Just checking ;)

how would I go about removing the estimated arrival date for each method of shipping? i.e.

UPS Ground (9/22/05)

UPS 3day (9/21/05)

can I just comment this code?

if (isset($this->servicesTimeintransit[$type])) {
$eta_array = explode("-", $this->servicesTimeintransit[$type]["date"]);
$eta_arrival_date = $eta_array[2]."-".$eta_array[1]."-".$eta_array[0];
  $_type = $_type . ", " . $eta_arrival_date;
  }

I would just like the method and the cost, not the date. Thanks.

Edited by jasper98

how would I go about removing the estimated arrival date for each method of shipping? i.e.

UPS Ground (9/22/05)

UPS 3day (9/21/05)

can I just comment this code?

The better way to do it (saves time since no extra request is sent to the UPS server) is to comment out a piece of code around lines 220-224 in includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php:

// BOF Time In Transit: comment out this section if you don't want/need to have
// expected delivery dates

$this->servicesTimeintransit = $this->_upsGetTimeServices();
	if ($this->logfile) {
		error_log("------------------------------------------\n", 3, $this->logfile);
		error_log("Time in Transit: " . $this->timeintransit . "\n", 3, $this->logfile);
	}

// EOF Time In Transit

The better way to do it (saves time since no extra request is sent to the UPS server) is to comment out a piece of code around lines 220-224 in includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php:

// BOF Time In Transit: comment out this section if you don't want/need to have
// expected delivery dates

$this->servicesTimeintransit = $this->_upsGetTimeServices();
	if ($this->logfile) {
		error_log("------------------------------------------\n", 3, $this->logfile);
		error_log("Time in Transit: " . $this->timeintransit . "\n", 3, $this->logfile);
	}

// EOF Time In Transit

ah, excellent, thanks

Does the latest 'version' of this contribution (1.1.5) support Dimensional Weight?
Kind of... If you have items that are "ready-to-ship", that will work properly. However, the "packing algorithm" is not working properly and is losing items to not get stuck in a loop. It needs fixing. Haven't done it myself yet, since I also think it is ridiculous that it will pack say an umbrella in a box half its length because the volume will fit :'(

It needs quite a bit more that it does now (and even then don't expect miracles, packing algorithms are topics of academic research, not something you whip up on a rainy Sunday afternoon)

Hello

1st i wan a thanks you all guys trying to fixe all those bug's comming with this contribution..

I will try to explain me in an easy way... :-"

I've install the UPSXML contribution...

1st i've begin with this SQL missing table & i've fixed it by the solution given just here over :thumbsup:

But now

When i'm looking the shopping cart there's no way to "select" this shipping method...

usually it seems to have a "radio box" beside ?

i can not see it...

also the contribution is returning me that "250003: Invalid Access License number"

But it's a new licence that i just get by email 2 days before...

Hope to have new information about you

yes, i do try all the other pickup method, but the alle gave me the same problem.

I do also ask to somebody on the osc-french forum, that is also in belgium.

She tell me that she's using the One Time Pickup, but i still have this message :(

While testing out the UPSxml module I also displayed the standard ups rates.

The XML module was always lower in cost.

When I went to UPS.com and logged in under my account. The rates displayed for UPS.com were also higher than the rates displayed by the UPSxml module.

Any thoughts? I want to make sure I am charging my customers enough to cover the costs.

Does the xml module include the fuel surcharges?

thanks for any advice

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears the the insurance option is not working.

I enable Insurance and the shipping cost did not change for a $145 item.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, could be this version of OSC I am running (MS1). I had to add two things to get this version to work

in function upsxml()

add global $cart;

then change this line

{$this->pkgvalue = ceil($order->info['subtotal']);} to

{$this->pkgvalue = $cart->show_total();}

Please note, this is for MS1 version and may not apply to you. Use at your own risk

Edited by cgchris99

i had install this contrib and found the following error

require ('includes/classes/xmldocument.php');

define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 0);

i had set to "0", what if i need to use dimension pakaging?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in D:\wwwroot\oscommerce\admin\includes\functions\database.php:13) in D:\wwwroot\oscommerce\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 13

i got this error when i go to ADMIN --> TOOLS --> PACKAGING

what does this mean?

UPS Currency Code - Enter the 3 letter currency code for your country of origin. United States (USD)

this found at the ADMIN --> MODULES --> SHIPPING --> United Parcel Service (XML).

the shipping rate will return the query form UPS using my country of origin. said i live in singapore, the currency in shipping query result will be in SGD, can i set to display USD?

tks in advance

I have the following error on the checkout_shipping page.

10002: The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid

Any ideas?

I just got the same error. I also have the following error on the top of the page.

ERROR: No boxes to ship unpackaged product

I couldn't find a solution yet.

Michael,

I just got the same error.
No clue. I have only seen this in special circumstances (see includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php around line 630).
ERROR: No boxes to ship unpackaged product
You installed the dimensions add-on but haven't added any boxes (with sizes) in the admin section. Easier is to use: define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 0); at around line 25 in includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

Mark,

I want to add a 10% discount to my customers located in CA. How can I change the code so that if their state is California they will receive a discounted UPS rate?
In includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php a point to fiddle with the price is found in line 260:

$methods[] = array('id' => $type, 'title' => $_type, 'cost' => ($this->handling_fee + $cost));

I believe you can check for the location of the customer with $_SESSION['customer_zone_id']. Would be 12 (table zones: zone_id 12, zone_country_id 223, zone_code CA, zone_name California). If you also need to check for the delivery zone_id I think you should check the $order->delivery['zone_id'] (saw that a few lines further in upsxml.php).

Ok, i've addes my developement Key to XML... :blush:

But now the probleme is :

111370: Unsupported Pickup Type :huh:

I'm from Belgium....

I also experienced this problem making a store for a German customer. I contacted UPS, their response is below.

I took the easy way out and simply deleted the <PickupType> and <CustomerClassifiction> tags from the XML. This made it work. Hope this helps.

-Josh

Upon testing a number of Rates XML requests, we have been able to reproduce the error that you refer to regarding the 'Unsupported Pickup Type'. Investigating this matter, we have learned that the CustomerClassification container of the XML does not need to be present if the ShipFrom address is of non-US origin. Because the PickupType value and CustomerClassification value work in conjunction with each other, having an 'incorrect' value entered can give you the results similar to those that you are experiencing. In our testing of various combinations of these two values we found that it is possible to leave both of the containers present but only if the values for each are set to '01'. An alternative to this is to comment or leave out the containers altogether and you will receive the same results when submitting a request. We have included the example request that we used in our testing for your convenience.

Has anyone ever considered trying to use UPS XML to accomplish the following:

Give the user the ability to pick an arrival date for their item(s), and then based on that date, restrict the available shipping methods and dates based on Time in Transit (ie, if it would take longer than two days for the item to arrive via Ground, don't show that option to the customer; if customer wants to have their package arrive on a Saturday, then they would have to pay for Saturday delivery, but they could also choose options in which Friday is the delivery date, etc).

If a user doesn't pick a shipping date then it would be assumed to be next available day, but this would again be restricted by Time in Transit considerations (ie if it's Thursday morning when they're online, then their shipping options would all be for next week at the earliest).

Or, at the very least, only show Ground to customers who would receive the items within a certain time frame, such as two days.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

• 2 weeks later...