• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

• 3 months later...

I had successfully installed the first part of this add on with no problems. I now made the modifications so that dimensional support would work, but am coming across errors. Could someone please help me?

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed the module on a test site and it worked perfectly, but it's a different story with the real site. I've selected all the disallowed shipping methods that I do not want, but the admin area doesn't keep the checkmarks in the boxes.

It keeps seven choices even though I have checked off all the boxes except "Ground".

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there hope everyone is well, my client keeps getting an email with this in it

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: 270006: Invalid Destination Country Code in TimeInTransit experienced by customer with id

I took a look at the settings in the admin and everything looks to be ok. She only offers shipping within the US and all countries outside of the US have been removed from the admin to prevent people from other countries trying to place an order.

Any insight would be great, thank you

T

• 3 months later...

Any one can help on this error message from UPS

"UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id  on 2014-08-22 03:31:26"

I have install UPSXML version 1.4.0.1 on OScommerce 2.3.4

• 1 month later...

I am getting similar messages through my e-mail specified for debug errors in the Admin config for UPS XML.  This seems to happen with every order I receive, although the orders appear to complete successfully each time.  I haven't had any complaints, either, although no one has actually selected UPS as a shipping option (I also have USPS Rate and FedEx).  When I use my test accounts and go through all the way to the payment page, I get no error messages whatsoever - even when I select UPS.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Here's what I keep getting with each order - sometimes in multiples:

UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id  on 2014-09-25 23:54:22

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: 270032: Invalid Destination Postal Code and City experienced by customer with id  on 2014-09-25 23:54:20

That indicates that UPS doesn't like the customer's zip code, or perhaps yours. It will not show a UPS quote, so the customer will never see UPS as a choice.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That indicates that UPS doesn't like the customer's zip code, or perhaps yours. It will not show a UPS quote, so the customer will never see UPS as a choice.

Regards

Jim

Yes, but that means you have to conclude that every customer is unable to correctly put in a zip code - or, that I don't know my own zip code.  This seems to happen without exception, but the orders conclude with success and without error from USPS.  Every time I test it with various zip codes, no error messages like these are generated. 

This module is working on many stores. I just checked my test store and it returned a quote. The only thing I can say is that yo have done something wrong. That's as far as I can go from here.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I finally figured out what was going on:

If a customer uses the Paypal Express Checkout at the shopping cart and they have not logged in or created an account at the OsCommerce store, then the shipping options are calculated in the background before transferring to Paypal.  This is because I've also found out that if Paypal Express Checkout is used and you are using your own OsC shipping modules (I have USPS, UPS and FedEx), the default shipping method is calculated and added into the order total before transferring to Paypal.  However, the calculations are also done for all of the other shipping rates/modules you have enabled.  That is where the e-mail debug errors with my UPS module come in.

Paypal apparently does not check for complete addresses.  Many times, I will have international customers who may not have entered a state/province.  This puzzled me also, because there's no way you can do this if you use OsC because the input forms check for the entry.  On the other hand, a Paypal Express Checkout can bypass all of this and use the customer's Paypal address to calculate the shipping through the OsC shipping modules.  UPS shows an error because it cannot calculate the shipping without a state/province, whereas USPS does.  I don't know about FedEx because I don't have the error checking turned on and sending me e-mails.

Anyway, the other issue is that the default shipping (set to lowest) is not my choice for some products.  I guess I will edit the shopping_cart.php file to completely remove the "Check Out with Paypal" button on the shopping cart page.  It is standard in OsC 2.3.4 and I wanted to use the complete features, but I guess this won't work unless I enable the shipping calculations on Paypal.  I don't want to do that because their shipping only uses simple estimated rates per weight instead of directly interfacing with a shipping provider's rate server.

I hope that all makes sense and it helps someone. :blush:

Why not just disable express and use paypal standard?

Paypal Standard doesn't take credit cards.

I may have to do that, though, because I can't find what file enables the HTML for the  "- OR-" and "Check Out with Paypal" button in the shopping_cart.php. :(

This thread explains how to do it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396831-remove-paypal-express-checkout-bottom/

Harald confirms that a customer is forced to return to the OsC store if Paypal finds no shipping costs (Instant Update must be Disabled in Admin).  This confirms my experience with 2.3.4, because other than the UPS debug error messages, I have not had any customer complete a checkout without shipping.

So maybe after all of this, I'll simply disable the debugging feature on the UPS module. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I received this "Tech Alert" today from UPS:

UPS® Developer Kit APIs Migration

As a valued partner, we want to ensure that as we approach the busiest season of the year, we continue to meet your company needs.

This message is to inform you that you are currently using UPS Developer Kit APIs in the Customer Integration Environment (CIE), which is not intended to perform as the UPS® production environment. To avoid slow response times or planned outages, please migrate to the UPS production environment by November 25, 2014.

If you have questions regarding this migration, click here to contact UPS Developer Kit Support.

Looking at my Access Key Confirmation on UPS, it shows that I still have "Test" access for the following:

Select APIs:
Locator - Package
Pickup - Ground Freight
Rating - Ground Freight
Shipping - Ground Freight

I don't ever have local pickup, but all of this is leading me to enter values for "Pickup Confirmation," "Bill Of Lading Number," and "Rate Value."  I don't have a clue for any of those.

Is any of this a concern?  Should I make up some values to put in those fields so that I can get Production API access for these features or what?

EDIT: Sorry about this formatting, IE is really squirrelly using this forum.

Edited by TomB01

I may have to do that, though, because I can't find what file enables the HTML for the  "- OR-" and "Check Out with Paypal" button in the shopping_cart.php. :(

?>
  <p align="right" style="clear: both; padding: 15px 50px 0 0;"><?php //echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS; ?></p>
<?php
      reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
      while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
  <p align="right"><?php // echo $value; ?></p>
<?php

catalog/shopping_cart.php  Mine is modded, so I'd say look around line 200 or so.  I just commented out the echo.

Unless I am mistaken normally paypal standard does take credit cards if you have set up PayPal Account Optional under profile/selling prefernces

This may depend on what country you are registered in by me I can accept credit cards.

Regards

Joli

in your paypal settings

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Geez guys - thanks, much, but that was my problem 3 weeks ago and post #2389 up there fixed it.

No offense, but what about the issue that popped up today?  Do I need to worry about UPS telling me that I still have "test" access for parts of the API that don't appear to be used?

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I received this "Tech Alert" today from UPS:

UPS® Developer Kit APIs Migration

As a valued partner, we want to ensure that as we approach the busiest season of the year, we continue to meet your company needs.

This message is to inform you that you are currently using UPS Developer Kit APIs in the Customer Integration Environment (CIE), which is not intended to perform as the UPS® production environment. To avoid slow response times or planned outages, please migrate to the UPS production environment by November 25, 2014.

If you have questions regarding this migration, click here to contact UPS Developer Kit Support.

I received the same email, more than once, but I have always had the UPS XML module set for production. When I asked the people at UPS what that was about they told me I should be accessing a different server URL. So, where do I change that?

The URL is coded into the module. The current module calls production.shippingapis.com, which is what the current USPS Developer's Guide says to use. What did they tell you to change it to?

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

The URL is coded into the module. The current module calls production.shippingapis.com, which is what the current USPS Developer's Guide says to use. What did they tell you to change it to?

Regards

Jim

I contacted them and this is the relevant portion of their reply:

This was an informational message to remind our customers using the UPS Developer APIs to use the production environment once testing is completed. Please note that the Customer Integration Environment (CIE) should be used only when testing. If you have already migrated to the production environment, please disregard the email.

Unless you have not yet completed your testing, please make sure that your e-commerce solutions are pointed to our production environment so the files can be properly received and processed. 

Make sure that you are using the current URL for production:

Please adapt the following URL to your own situation:

For the XML APIs:

https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/[APIName]

For Web Service APIs:

https://onlinetools.ups.com/webservices/[APIName]

I guess that means I really don't need to do anything? Or should we be using the entire URL they gave instead of the shorter one Burt posted?

• 2 months later...

I'm loosing my mind trying to figure out what is wrong. I hope someone can help?

when the UPS module is enabled i get error 500 Internal Server Error hitting checkout_shipping.php

After some hours of tracking it down i have come to see that it is related to

/includes/modules/shipping/upsxmp.php

line 704

$xmlResponse = curl_exec ($ch);

this is where i get the internal server error.

checking phpinfo.php it shows cURL support is enabled

and since it errors RIGHT on this function i cant get a real log of what is wrong.

and the server error log shows nothing :(

Anyone have some Insight? I would appreciate ANY HELP on this!