• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

I just installed v1_3_91 on my development server and it is working great. I don't believe I needed Godaddy code for this one. I am going to put it on my production server as well. If it doesn't work I will post. :D

~Vid

Just to let you know the contribution UPSXML v1_3_91 is installed and working on my production server as well now. I only had to replace the files. Was a piece of cake. I only wish I would have done that last night ... lol

Cheers!

~Vid

• 2 weeks later...

This Contrib is awesome! Thanks everyone for their hard work on this. It's a Very complex and fully functional contribution from what I can tell so far. I just installed the latest v1.3.9.1 and it works great and saved me a lot of time troubleshooting an old outdated version!

Edited by allwebnow

This is not funny but now I am getting this error:

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: 270011: Invalid Weight experienced by customer

Anyone knows where I should look for the problem?

Could be my packaging or the weight that I put for my products?

Thanks

M

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: 270011: Invalid Weight experienced by customer

Anyone knows where I should look for the problem?

Do you use American pounds (lbs) where you should use kilograms? (UPSXML settings in the admin).

Do you use American pounds (lbs) where you should use kilograms? (UPSXML settings in the admin).

Thank you for your reply Jan

I use pounds and Inches (for packaging). the products attributes though are in ml (skincare products). should I change everything to Kilograms and Centimetres?

Thanks a lot for your fast reply

much appreciated.

M.

I use pounds and Inches (for packaging). the products attributes though are in ml (skincare products). should I change everything to Kilograms and Centimetres?

The milliliters for products attributes are not important for UPS. They care about the weights and dimensions. If you are in the US, for example, UPS wants you to use pounds and inches. If you are in Europe, UPS wants you to use kilograms and centimeters for their quotes. UPS doesn't leave you a choice.

The milliliters for products attributes are not important for UPS. They care about the weights and dimensions. If you are in the US, for example, UPS wants you to use pounds and inches. If you are in Europe, UPS wants you to use kilograms and centimeters for their quotes. UPS doesn't leave you a choice.

Thanks again for your reply

Yes I am using inches for packaging and the products like bottles but for Shawls (fabric) I didn't put any width, height & length. Is it possible that caused this problem? & I'm living in Canada.

At least now I know where to look for the problem.

Thank you SO much :)

M

Here is my website: chez-mehnoush.com

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Yes I am using inches for packaging and the products like bottles but for Shawls (fabric) I didn't put any width, height & length. Is it possible that caused this problem? & I'm living in Canada.

No, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't use the dimensional support. Anyway, the error seems not to be pounds or kilograms (I don't know what UPS wants their Canadian customers to use) because I found in an old document about the time in transit service that that would cause a 270012 error: "Invalid Weight Unit of Measure".

Are you sure you added weight for the items you put in your basket?

If so then try to set up writing the requests to a log file (explained in the contribution documents). Then you can check what is sent to UPS.

No, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't use the dimensional support. Anyway, the error seems not to be pounds or kilograms (I don't know what UPS wants their Canadian customers to use) because I found in an old document about the time in transit service that that would cause a 270012 error: "Invalid Weight Unit of Measure".

Are you sure you added weight for the items you put in your basket?

If so then try to set up writing the requests to a log file (explained in the contribution documents). Then you can check what is sent to UPS.

Hi Jan

I read about the log file in contribution documents but it was too complicated for me to create one. I will try it again.

Is it possible to do this through admin --> Logging and change the "Log destination": /var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log so I can find it.

Sorry for these questions but for me this is Rocket Science! ;( ;)

Thank you for your reply

M.

I read about the log file in contribution documents but it was too complicated for me to create one. I will try it again.

Is it possible to do this through admin --> Logging and change the "Log destination": /var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log so I can find it.

No, you have to create a new (empty) text file in something like a PHP editor or Notepad and save it with the name of the log file you want it to be. Then upload that with FTP to the directory you want that file to be in. And then change that line in the upsxml.php as explained in the readme.txt to the full path for your website.

Can Anyone Help Me?!?

Useing OSC 2.2

This code shows up on the checkout page.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/shop/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1009

This code shows up in the admin panel after i try and save it. The disallowed options are not saving.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/shop/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1043

Can Anyone Help Me?!?

Useing OSC 2.2

This code shows up on the checkout page.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/shop/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1009

This code shows up in the admin panel after i try and save it. The disallowed options are not saving.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/shop/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1043

It looks like you missed Step 3 in the in the Install.txt file. You have to modify the file located in: catalog/admin/modules.php as thats the error message you would get if that is not done.

tom

It looks like you missed Step 3 in the in the Install.txt file. You have to modify the file located in: catalog/admin/modules.php as thats the error message you would get if that is not done.

tom

:) I fixed it right after i posted it. I went back through the install file and double checked that step. I did have the information there but i left out a couple lines. Oops!

It is now working 100%!!

Thanks!

-Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Pleas excuse my ignorance, as I haven't done this type of installation before. But I am at Step one and thoroughly confused.

I did the backup.

Then I read:

"Run the three queries found in (or use the file itself) the included sql file: configuration_shipping.sql to add three configuration keys to the table configuration. "

How do I run the SQL file? What table configuration? Was I supposed to upload this to a directory somewhere? i feel like there is a step missing or something.

Thanks for your help,

Brent

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble installing UPS XML V1.3.6 on Oscommerce v2.3.1, and was wondering if I can ask for some assistance. I have done steps 1-3. The three queries for configuration_shiping.sql were added onto my configurations sql folder in my database. Is that the correct location because it automatically added it on to there. When I log onto my admin panel to activate the UPS module it is no where to be found? Is there any suggestions or did I screw up some where? I appreciate your help.

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
   switch ($action) {
     case 'save':
       while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {
       if (is_array($value) ) {
         $value = implode( ", ", $value);
	      $value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
	    }
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
       break;
     case 'install':

ps I already tried replacing

with

foreach($_POST['configuration'] as $key => $value) {

and still no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Our host just upgraded to php 5.3 and now we've got this in both catalog/checkout_shipping.php and admin/modules.php Which I believe in in reference to the UPS XML module.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/********/classes/xml_5.php on line 25

I've tried the suggestion on the previous page of this thread, but no change. Can someone point me in a direction of the fix?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know the contribution UPSXML v1_3_91 is installed and working on my production server as well now. I only had to replace the files. Was a piece of cake. I only wish I would have done that last night ... lol

Cheers!

~Vid

I need help installing UPSXML 1.4.0 - I had the same problem with the other version too.

I'm also using GoDaddy.

According to install.txt file I have to run three queries found in (or use the file itself) the included sql file: configuration_shipping.sql to add three configuration keys to the table configuration. Then configure them in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging:

When I enter configuration_shipping.sql nothing happens!

This is what the screen says: - Nothing changes in my Admin Set ups

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Dimensions Support', 'SHIPPING_DIMENSIONS_SUPPORT', 'No', 'Do you use the additional dimensions support (read dimensions.txt in the UPSXML package)?', '7', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'No\', \'Ready-to-ship only\', \'With product dimensions\'), ', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Unit Weight', 'SHIPPING_UNIT_WEIGHT', 'LBS', 'By what unit are your packages weighed?', '7', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'LBS\', \'KGS\'), ', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Unit Length', 'SHIPPING_UNIT_LENGTH', 'IN', 'By what unit are your packages sized?', '7', '8', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'IN\', \'CM\'), ', now());

I need help installing UPSXML 1.4.0 -

I'm using GoDaddy.

According to install.txt file I have to run three queries found in (or use the file itself) the included sql file: configuration_shipping.sql to add three configuration keys to the table configuration. Then configure them in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging:

When I enter configuration_shipping.sql nothing happens!

This is what the screen says: - Nothing changes in my Admin Set ups

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Dimensions Support', 'SHIPPING_DIMENSIONS_SUPPORT', 'No', 'Do you use the additional dimensions support (read dimensions.txt in the UPSXML package)?', '7', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'No\', \'Ready-to-ship only\', \'With product dimensions\'), ', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Unit Weight', 'SHIPPING_UNIT_WEIGHT', 'LBS', 'By what unit are your packages weighed?', '7', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'LBS\', \'KGS\'), ', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Unit Length', 'SHIPPING_UNIT_LENGTH', 'IN', 'By what unit are your packages sized?', '7', '8', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'IN\', \'CM\'), ', now());

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble installing UPS XML V1.3.6 on Oscommerce v2.3.1, and was wondering if I can ask for some assistance. I have done steps 1-3. The three queries for configuration_shiping.sql were added onto my configurations sql folder in my database. Is that the correct location because it automatically added it on to there. When I log onto my admin panel to activate the UPS module it is no where to be found? Is there any suggestions or did I screw up some where? I appreciate your help.

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
   switch ($action) {
     case 'save':
       if (is_array($value) ) {
         $value = implode( ", ", $value);
	      $value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
	    }
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
       break;
     case 'install':

ps I already tried replacing

with

foreach($_POST['configuration'] as $key => $value) {

and still no luck.

This is because

ereg_replace

is depreciated in php 5.3. I have the same problem with our host using OSC 2.2, the upgrade made 2.2 pretty much broken.

Can the install instructions be updated so to use

preg_replace

instead to accommodate for PHP 5.3?

You don't need to use a regex to replace a simple string. Try this:

$value = str_replace (', --none--', '', $value);

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

Recently installed 1.3.9.1 and dimensional support. Flawles install on a heavily modified shop. Great instructions - thank you.

In my situation I sell very heavy items. Two tweaks that I would like make, and would like to know if its possible to:

1. Have the UPS module self-disable itself once a certain weight in the cart is met? (which would then just leave my Freight RFQ module to pick up the freight issues)

2. Somehow by installing UPSXML I am no longer able to enter product weight over 999.99 pounds. I sell certain items that are 2000+ pounds, that need the correct weight to remain in the weight field (for freight mods to work right).

Any help with either is greatly appreciated.

Dave

-Dave

and one more question... I have searched the forums extensively for this answer but no luck. It has been asked several times but no solution was ever mentioned...

How can we make the UPS XML look to the "Company Name" field to determmine if Commercial or Residential rates should be offered. This is standard behaivor in Fedex real time quotes. I've studied the FedEx code and understand, but have no idea where/how I would integrate that into UPS XML.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

-Dave

Found this interesting post on the commercial/residential subject. Can anyone confirm the behaivor mentioned?

UPS XML Com vs. Res

If true, that would address the com/res issue for logged in customers, but would not help for pre-login quote requests such as popup shipping that only ask for a Zip Code...

On that note, I've just noticed that UPS XML rates are not passing to my version of popup_shipping.php, with this error:

110206: Missing/Illegal ShipTo/Address/StateProvinceCode

Do I need to place a 'dummy' city or state somewhere for the popup_shipping to work? or would the customer need to enter more than a Zip Code?

Thank you

-Dave

Found this interesting post on the commercial/residential subject. Can anyone confirm the behaivor mentioned?

UPS XML Com vs. Res

If true, that would address the com/res issue for logged in customers, but would not help for pre-login quote requests such as popup shipping that only ask for a Zip Code...

So this works!

With the Quote Type setting to "Commercial" in the admin, UPS XML is now showing correct Residential rates to residential addresses...

Using UPS XML 1.3.9.1 on a RC2a shop

Backup! then open /includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

Around line 245, replace

$this->_upsDest($order->delivery['city'], $state, $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'], $order->delivery['postcode']);

with

$this->_upsDest($order->delivery['street_address'], $order->delivery['city'], $state, $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'], $order->delivery['postcode']);

Around line 446, replace

function _upsDest($city, $stateprov, $country, $postal) {

with

function _upsDest($street_address, $city, $stateprov, $country, $postal) {
       $this->_upsDestAddressLine1 = $street_address;

Around line 541, replace

"           <Address>\n".

with

"           <Address>\n".
       "               <AddressLine1>". $this->_upsDestAddressLine1 ."</AddressLine1>\n".

Thats it. Hopefully this will help others. If someone would kindly confirm the results I would be grateful.

If anyone can assit me with my popoup_shipping or weight capped at 999.99 issue I could use the help.

-Dave