• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Hello,

I'm receiving the following error message when trying to EDIT existing products after installing UPS XML 1.3.9

<start>

1054 - Unknown column 'products_length' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, products_length, products_width, products_height, products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '261' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

<end>

This error appears to be occurring in the categories.php file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chet

Hi i need to install Collect on delivery module to UPS.

Don't know what you are talking about. The ratings request that is sent to UPS can contain a part that declares COD so I suppose UPS returns a higher rate or an additional fee in the answer.

The part for the COD is actually in the code already, but commented out and in the wrong place anyway. It should be a bit lower in the section /RatingServiceSelectionRequest /Shipment /Package /PackageServiceOptions /COD that now only contains the XML for insured value. That is the correct place at least for the North American continent (US, PR, CA).

For Europe it is in another spot: /RatingServiceSelectionRequest /Shipment /ShipmentServiceOptions /COD

HELP.

I've been using UPS XML for a long time now.

This morning by mistake I clicked at the -Remove button instead of the -Edit in the Cart's admin/Modules/Shipping!. ( no warnings, it just deleted it! )

I put all the date back, Developer's key, account # etc.

All seems good but if I simulate a purchase, in the customer's checkout process at the "Delivery Information" step there is no shipping calculations showing at all :( :(

No # of packages, not weight....

I got customers trying to purchase!

Help!

I put all the date back, Developer's key, account # etc.

I'm not sure what exactly is not showing up but if UPS does not show up as a shipping option it is often because you chose a shipping zone when editing the data in the admin instead of leaving it --none-- (which is actually meaning "all" shipping zones, a bit counter-intuitive).

You can check all entries for UPSXML by looking at a backup of your site. The dumped data for the table configuration. Most keys will start with UPSXML_

Don't know what you are talking about. The ratings request that is sent to UPS can contain a part that declares COD so I suppose UPS returns a higher rate or an additional fee in the answer.

The part for the COD is actually in the code already, but commented out and in the wrong place anyway. It should be a bit lower in the section /RatingServiceSelectionRequest /Shipment /Package /PackageServiceOptions /COD that now only contains the XML for insured value. That is the correct place at least for the North American continent (US, PR, CA).

For Europe it is in another spot: /RatingServiceSelectionRequest /Shipment /ShipmentServiceOptions /COD

Hi Jan

As you had mentioned i found code for COD, Apparently the system is now adding $10 to all the UPS shipping's.

Thanks in advance

I have had a problem with shipping weights and errors received (the infamous "111035: The maximum per package weight for the selected service from the selected country is 150 pounds.") - I researched this a bit both on the forums and google, and both seem to lead to dead-ends where people reported the problem, but no solution was available.

At first, I didn't have UPSXML, and thought it would figure out this issue for me. I would enter 149lbs as the maximum weight (UPS' max is 150lbs), but the standard MS2.2 wasn't splitting the packages apparently. After installing UPSXML, it still isn't splitting them.

Example: I have a product that weighs 30lbs. When ordering over 149lbs (5 or more of that product), the error about max weight from UPS pops up.

I do not have dimensional support installed, as I am not so sure I can actually go with that (unless it is the only solution, which would be pretty poor indeed).

Anyone know of a solution to this bug?

Thanks for any/all input.

Just as a follow-up: another bizarre feature is this: when ordering 5 of a 30lb item, it says/figures I am shipping 2 packages of 150lbs EACH. Which, of course, is not true. It is either 3 packages of 50lbs each or 1 package of 150lbs.

More interesting is the fact that the 150lbs figure in the message doesn't change, even if I set the "Maximum Package Weight you will ship" setting in configuration to something different (i.e. 50lbs).

Thanks.

I have had a problem with shipping weights and errors received (the infamous "111035: The maximum per package weight for the selected service from the selected country is 150 pounds.") - I researched this a bit both on the forums and google, and both seem to lead to dead-ends where people reported the problem, but no solution was available.

At first, I didn't have UPSXML, and thought it would figure out this issue for me. I would enter 149lbs as the maximum weight (UPS' max is 150lbs), but the standard MS2.2 wasn't splitting the packages apparently. After installing UPSXML, it still isn't splitting them.

Example: I have a product that weighs 30lbs. When ordering over 149lbs (5 or more of that product), the error about max weight from UPS pops up.

I do not have dimensional support installed, as I am not so sure I can actually go with that (unless it is the only solution, which would be pretty poor indeed).

Anyone know of a solution to this bug?

Maybe it is an idea about reading how Shipping & Packaging is handled in the osC code? Then surely you can figure out why setting the maximum weight for a box at 149 lbs would still trigger an overweight package with UPS.

And no, osC does not care your objects weigh 30 lbs and cannot be split in half. Why do you think some people make use of dimensional support? Exactly... because of issues like that. Not everybody has use for that though.

• 2 weeks later...

Have an odd problem.

I have installed and it seems to be working okay for UPS ground, but all the other options have an odd "billed dimensional weight x LBS"

United Parcel Service (3 pkgs, 10 lbs total) United Parcel Service

UPS Ground (billed dimensional weight 10 LBS) $30.62

UPS 3 Day Select (billed dimensional weight 27 LBS) $48.27

UPS 2nd Day Air (billed dimensional weight 27 LBS) $62.22

UPS Next Day Air Saver (billed dimensional weight 27 LBS) $98.97

UPS Next Day Air (billed dimensional weight 27 LBS) $112.44

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. (billed dimensional weight 27 LBS) $212.88

ANOTHER Example:

United Parcel Service (4 pkgs, 16 lbs total) United Parcel Service

UPS Ground (billed dimensional weight 16 LBS) $41.50

UPS 3 Day Select (billed dimensional weight 36 LBS) $64.36

UPS 2nd Day Air (billed dimensional weight 36 LBS) $82.96

UPS Next Day Air Saver (billed dimensional weight 36 LBS) $131.96

UPS Next Day Air (billed dimensional weight 36 LBS) $149.92

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. (billed dimensional weight 36 LBS) $283.84

It doesnt seem to matter what items I put in my basket it can be anywhere from 20-70 lbs off!

I have the tar set to 0 and the large package increase also to 0.

I am also configured for "With product dimensions" as the Dimension Support.

What have I missed? I have checked my install, but can't seem to find it?

Shipping has been such a nightmare for me and I can't seem to figure this out!

I appreciate your help!

Jen

I have installed and it seems to be working okay for UPS ground, but all the other options have an odd "billed dimensional weight x LBS"

That's strange indeed. It should only show the defines of the shipping methods and the price. It would be helpful to see the raw XML that UPS returns (edited for account details of course).

I have the tar set to 0 and the large package increase also to 0.

I am also configured for "With product dimensions" as the Dimension Support.

What have I missed? I have checked my install, but can't seem to find it?

In another post on the same problem (cross-posting is not allowed according to forum rules) you mentioned you set the maxmum weight 0 for a box. If I remember correctly the maximum weight there is the maximum weight a box could hold. In that case 0 doesn't make any sense. I think the program then resolves to shipping each item separately using a density somewhere hard code in the packing class.

(cross-posting is not allowed according to forum rules)

My apologies, I thought that was sending a message directly to you. :blush:

I went back and tried setting the package max weight to 50 and that did not fix it.

Here is the xml response from UPS (I think, if i did it right by using the code at the top of shipping/upsxml.php) It is really long but you can notice that it has different monetary values for about 4 boxes, even thought I am only sending 1 box 2lbs. I hope this is what you were wanting to see:

https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate
UPS REQUEST using exec(): <?xml version="1.0"?>
<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">
  <AccessLicenseNumber>REMOVED</AccessLicenseNumber>
  <UserId>REMOVED</UserId>
  <Password>REMOVED</Password>
</AccessRequest>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">
  <Request>
      <TransactionReference>
          <CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>
          <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>
      </TransactionReference>
      <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>
      <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>
  </Request>
  <PickupType>
      <Code>11</Code>
  </PickupType>
  <Shipment>
      <Shipper>
          <Address>
              <City>Indianapolis</City>
              <StateProvinceCode>IN</StateProvinceCode>
              <CountryCode>US</CountryCode>
              <PostalCode>46218</PostalCode>
          </Address>
      </Shipper>
      <ShipTo>
          <Address>
              <City>Carmel</City>
              <PostalCode>46033</PostalCode>
<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>
          </Address>
      </ShipTo>
      <Package>
          <PackagingType>
              <Code>02</Code>
          </PackagingType>
          <Dimensions>
              <UnitOfMeasurement>
                  <Code>IN</Code>
              </UnitOfMeasurement>
              <Length>12.00</Length>
              <Width>12.00</Width>
              <Height>12.00</Height>
          </Dimensions>
          <PackageWeight>
              <UnitOfMeasurement>
                  <Code>LBS</Code>
              </UnitOfMeasurement>
              <Weight>2</Weight>
          </PackageWeight>
      </Package>
  </Shipment>
  <CustomerClassification>
      <Code>04</Code>
  </CustomerClassification>
</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

------------------------------------------
DATE AND TIME: 2010-10-27 11:32:00
UPS URL: https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/TimeInTransit
  <UserId>REMOVED</UserId>
</AccessRequest>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<TimeInTransitRequest xml:lang="en-US">
  <Request>
      <TransactionReference>
          <CustomerContext>Time in Transit</CustomerContext>
          <XpciVersion>1.0002</XpciVersion>
      </TransactionReference>
      <RequestAction>TimeInTransit</RequestAction>
  </Request>
  <TransitFrom>
      <AddressArtifactFormat>
          <PoliticalDivision2>Indianapolis</PoliticalDivision2>
          <PoliticalDivision1>IN</PoliticalDivision1>
          <PostcodePrimaryLow>46218</PostcodePrimaryLow>
      </AddressArtifactFormat>
  </TransitFrom>
  <TransitTo>
      <AddressArtifactFormat>
          <PoliticalDivision2>Carmel</PoliticalDivision2>
          <PoliticalDivision1>IN</PoliticalDivision1>
          <PostcodePrimaryLow>46033</PostcodePrimaryLow>
          <PostcodePrimaryHigh>46033</PostcodePrimaryHigh>
      </AddressArtifactFormat>
  </TransitTo>
  <ShipmentWeight>
      <UnitOfMeasurement>
          <Code>LBS</Code>
      </UnitOfMeasurement>
      <Weight>2</Weight>
  </ShipmentWeight>
  <InvoiceLineTotal>
      <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>
      <MonetaryValue>6</MonetaryValue>
  </InvoiceLineTotal>
  <PickupDate>20101027</PickupDate>
</TimeInTransitRequest>

UPS RESPONSE using exec(): <?xml version="1.0"?><TimeInTransitResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Time in Transit</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0002</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><TransitResponse><PickupDate>2010-10-27</PickupDate><TransitFrom><AddressArtifactFormat><PoliticalDivision2>INDIANAPOLIS</PoliticalDivision2><PoliticalDivision1>IN</PoliticalDivision1><Country>UNITED STATES</Country><CountryCode>US</CountryCode><PostcodePrimaryLow>46218</PostcodePrimaryLow></AddressArtifactFormat></TransitFrom><TransitTo><AddressArtifactFormat><PoliticalDivision2>CARMEL</PoliticalDivision2><PoliticalDivision1>IN</PoliticalDivision1><Country>UNITED STATES</Country><CountryCode>US</CountryCode><PostcodePrimaryLow>46033</PostcodePrimaryLow></AddressArtifactFormat></TransitTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>2.0</Weight></ShipmentWeight><InvoiceLineTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>6.00</MonetaryValue></InvoiceLineTotal><Disclaimer>Services listed as guaranteed are backed by a money-back guarantee for transportation charges only. UPS guarantees the day of delivery for every ground package you ship to any address within all 50 states and Puerto Rico. See Terms and Conditions in the Service Guide for details.</Disclaimer><ServiceSummary><Service><Code>1DM</Code><Description>UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.</Description></Service><Guaranteed><Code>Y</Code></Guaranteed><EstimatedArrival><BusinessTransitDays>1</BusinessTransitDays><Time>08:30:00</Time><PickupDate>2010-10-27</PickupDate><PickupTime>20:00:00</PickupTime><Date>2010-10-28</Date><DayOfWeek>THU</DayOfWeek><CustomerCenterCutoff>19:00:00</CustomerCenterCutoff></EstimatedArrival></ServiceSummary><ServiceSummary><Service><Code>1DA</Code><Description>UPS Next Day Air</Description></Service><Guaranteed><Code>Y</Code></Guaranteed><EstimatedArrival><BusinessTransitDays>1</BusinessTransitDays><Time>10:30:00</Time><PickupDate>2010-10-27</PickupDate><PickupTime>20:00:00</PickupTime><Date>2010-10-28</Date><DayOfWeek>THU</DayOfWeek><CustomerCenterCutoff>19:00:00</CustomerCenterCutoff></EstimatedArrival></ServiceSummary><ServiceSummary><Service><Code>1DP</Code><Description>UPS Next Day Air Saver</Description></Service><Guaranteed><Code>Y</Code></Guaranteed><EstimatedArrival><BusinessTransitDays>1</BusinessTransitDays><Time>15:00:00</Time><PickupDate>2010-10-27</PickupDate><PickupTime>20:00:00</PickupTime><Date>2010-10-28</Date><DayOfWeek>THU</DayOfWeek><CustomerCenterCutoff>19:00:00</CustomerCenterCutoff></EstimatedArrival></ServiceSummary><ServiceSummary><Service><Code>GND</Code><Description>UPS Ground</Description></Service><Guaranteed><Code>Y</Code></Guaranteed><EstimatedArrival><BusinessTransitDays>1</BusinessTransitDays><Time>23:00:00</Time><PickupDate>2010-10-27</PickupDate><PickupTime>20:30:00</PickupTime><Date>2010-10-28</Date><DayOfWeek>THU</DayOfWeek><CustomerCenterCutoff>19:30:00</CustomerCenterCutoff></EstimatedArrival></ServiceSummary><MaximumListSize>35</MaximumListSize></TransitResponse></TimeInTransitResponse>
Business Transit: UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. = 2010-10-28
Business Transit: UPS Next Day Air = 2010-10-28
Business Transit: UPS Next Day Air Saver = 2010-10-28
Business Transit: UPS Ground = 2010-10-28
Time in Transit: 0
DATE AND TIME: 2010-10-27 11:32:01
UPS URL: https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate
  <UserId>REMOVED</UserId>
</AccessRequest>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">
  <Request>
      <TransactionReference>
          <CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>
          <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>
      </TransactionReference>
      <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>
      <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>
  </Request>
  <PickupType>
      <Code>11</Code>
  </PickupType>
  <Shipment>
      <Shipper>
          <Address>
              <City>Indianapolis</City>
              <PostalCode>46218</PostalCode>
          </Address>
      </Shipper>
      <ShipTo>
          <Address>
              <City>Carmel</City>
              <PostalCode>46033</PostalCode>
<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>
          </Address>
      </ShipTo>
      <Package>
          <PackagingType>
              <Code>02</Code>
          </PackagingType>
          <Dimensions>
              <UnitOfMeasurement>
                  <Code>IN</Code>
              </UnitOfMeasurement>
              <Length>12.00</Length>
              <Width>12.00</Width>
              <Height>12.00</Height>
          </Dimensions>
          <PackageWeight>
              <UnitOfMeasurement>
                  <Code>LBS</Code>
              </UnitOfMeasurement>
              <Weight>2</Weight>
          </PackageWeight>
      </Package>
  </Shipment>
  <CustomerClassification>
      <Code>04</Code>
  </CustomerClassification>
</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE using exec(): <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>2.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>10.02</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>10.02</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>10.02</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>10.02</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>2.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>2.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>16.09</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>16.09</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>3</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>16.09</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>16.09</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>2.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>02</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>20.74</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>20.74</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>2</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>20.74</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>20.74</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>2.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>13</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>32.99</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>32.99</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>32.99</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>32.99</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>2.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>14</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.96</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.96</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>8:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.96</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.96</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>2.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>01</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.48</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.48</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>10:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.48</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.48</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>2.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

If this is not what you were wanting, let me know and I can get the output for you.

Thanks so much!

Jen

If this is not what you were wanting, let me know and I can get the output for you.

It is a bit hard to read, the XML from UPS so I have to edit it (add a lot of returns :) ) to see what is sent back but on first glance it looks perfectly normal.

Some services are charged with 2 lbs billing weight and others with 9 pounds (large package, low weight probably not liked by UPS) but I see nothing that would trigger the UPS Ground (billed dimensional weight 10 LBS).

I will study the latest UPSXML in more detail tonight to see if there is an explanation for that in the new code.

It is a bit hard to read, the XML from UPS so I have to edit it (add a lot of returns :) ) to see what is sent back but on first glance it looks perfectly normal.

Some services are charged with 2 lbs billing weight and others with 9 pounds (large package, low weight probably not liked by UPS) but I see nothing that would trigger the UPS Ground (billed dimensional weight 10 LBS).

I will study the latest UPSXML in more detail tonight to see if there is an explanation for that in the new code.

Thank you for your help.

Something to point out... Ground is the only rate that is correct. Here is the rates given by UPS on the above xml:

United Parcel Service (1 pkg, 2 lbs total) United Parcel Service

UPS Ground (billed dimensional weight 2 LBS), 2010-10-28 $10.02

UPS 3 Day Select (billed dimensional weight 9 LBS) $16.09

UPS 2nd Day Air (billed dimensional weight 9 LBS) $20.74

UPS Next Day Air Saver (billed dimensional weight 9 LBS), 2010-10-28 $32.99

UPS Next Day Air (billed dimensional weight 9 LBS), 2010-10-28 $37.48

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. (billed dimensional weight 9 LBS), 2010-10-28 $70.96

Notice that Ground is correct in weight of 2LBS. All the other service types automatically go to 9LBS.

And not just on this order. Any combination will create the weight of 9 x the number of boxes. And it is always a multiple of 9!

I installed UPSXML v 1.3.9 and the dimensional_support.

Again thank you for all your help!

Jen

OK! Some interesting data.....

It seems that this 9 multiplier only applies when the item is NOT "ready to ship" and below 9 lbs.

If the item is below 9lbs but is marked as Ready to Ship, then the weight is correct on all ship options.

If it is less than 9 but needs to be boxed, then it defaults the weight to 9lbs.

If it is 10+ OR marked as Ready to Ship then it uses the correct weight on all ship options.

There has to be something going on in maybe an if/else related to the ready to ship. Maybe?

my UPS settings

Enable UPS Shipping
True

UPS Rates Access Key
Removed

UPS Rates Username
Removed

UPS Rates Password
Removed

Pickup Method
Suggested Retail Rates (UPS Store)

Packaging Type
Package

Customer Classification Code

Shipping Origin
US Origin

Origin City
Indianapolis

Origin State/Province
IN

Origin Country
US

Origin Zip/Postal Code

Test or Production Mode
Production

Quote Type
Residential

Negotiated rates
False

UPS Account Number

Manual Negotiated Rate

Handling Type
Percentage

Handling Fee

Enable Insurance
False

UPS Currency Code
USD

Tax Class
--none--

Shipping Zone
--none--

Sort order of display.

Disallowed Shipping Methods
Worldwide Express, Worldwide Express Plus, Worldwide Expedited, Expedited

Shipping Delay

Email UPS errors
Yes

Time in Transit View Type
Raw

Display Weight
True

My boxes in tools->Packaging

Name  	Description  	Length  Width  	Height 	EmptyWeight MaximumWeight  Cost  Action

Test2	Small Box	12.00	12.00  12.00	0.00	50.00	1	Info
Test4	test	         8.00	8.00	8.00	0.00	50.00	1	
TestBox2Widget Holder	20.00	20.00	12.00	0.00	50.00	2	Info
Test	Medium Box	24.00	24.00	24.00	0.00	50.00	3	Info

Thought this might help debug.

Thanks JanZ!

Jen

I just figured it out...

I had to use UPS' advanced shipping calculation for dimensional weight to get it to respond with the 9 issue.

I was getting 9lbs because even though my actual weight was 2lbs, the package dimensional weight 12x12x12/194=8.9 which UPS rounds to 9. That is why only the air rates were affected!

Straight from UPS site:

Calculating Dimensional Weight for Domestic Shipments
If you have more than one package to be shipped, consider each package a 
separate shipment for weight calculation purposes.

Determine the Actual Weight: Use any standard scale and round up any 
fraction of a pound to the next full pound.

Determine Dimensional Weight:
Dimensional Weight of package = (LxWxH)/194 

* For UPS Ground Shipments: If the cubic size of the package is 5,184 or larger, 
divide the cubic size by 194 to determine dimensional weight in pounds. If the cubic 
size is less than 5,184, use the actual weight of the package.
   * For UPS Air Shipments: Divide the cubic size by 194 to determine dimensional 
weight in pounds. Any fraction of a pound will be calculated at the next highest rate.

Determine Billable Weight: Compare each packages actual weight to its dimensional weight. 
The larger of the two weights is the billable weight and should be used to calculate the rate.

If you have a multiple-package shipment, add the cubic sizes for all of the packages together. 
The total is the cubic size of your shipment.

Hopefully this will help someone else that might be wondering why the billed weight is different!

Thanks for all you do JanZ!

Jen

Hi

I have already install v1.3.5 and am currently working on upgrading to 1.3.9.

The problem I'm having right now is all of the extra files provided in the release catalog/ folder such as catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php or catalog/admin/categories.php. I'm wondering why these files are included in the release? It's driving me crazy because these files aren't referenced in the install or readme files.

Is there a reason these files are included?

Thank you

-Art