• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

No, you just need to add the upsxml.php files to the catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ and catalog/includes/languages/#language#/modules/shipping/ directories and the admin/modules.php reads the files. If you mix up the files or just ftp one of them you will get an error. If you upload them to the wrong directory or the webserver cannot read them (no permission to read them) then they won't shop up.

Nothing magic here I'm afraid (perhaps unfortunately?).

Gonna check them again, didn't think of permissions that might be it.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
My Weights on my website are not correct and everytime a create a label, the package weight is not correct. So how can I setup this up to enter the package weight before printing lables.

Also, how do I change the residential / commercial shipping location?

I think you are asking questions about a different shipping module than the upsxml one.

I have installed the module, configured it in the admin, but can't get UPS to show as an option in the store. Any idea where to look?

Most likely UPSXML is not configured with zones --none-- but with a shipping zone that your customers address (that you are testing with) is not in.

Hi,

I have installed UPSXML version 1.3.5. When i go check out a product, it shown the message below.

United Parcel Service United Parcel Service

:

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact ........

I use the production server and enter all the access key, usernames, passwords correctly...etc. I checked all the steps I did and I find no skip.

Can someone help me out what's wrong? did i missed something?

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact ........

That is a very generic error message that does not originate from UPS. Check STEP 8 from the readme.txt and do what is described there. Perhaps you can't even reach UPS because of curl (a PHP library) not enabled on the server or something like that.

I have installed the UPSXML module along with the dimensions modifications. Going through the setup in the admin panel everything seems fine until I get to TOOLS -> PACKAGING where I get the following error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packaging

1146 - Table 'ssbstore.table_packaging' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PACKAGING order by package_cost;

[TEP STOP]

The SQL queries were executed properly and I can see the table in the database when viewing VIA through phpMyAdmin?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron

I have installed the UPSXML module along with the dimensions modifications. Going through the setup in the admin panel everything seems fine until I get to TOOLS -> PACKAGING where I get the following error message:

Packaging

1146 - Table 'ssbstore.table_packaging' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PACKAGING order by package_cost;

Sounds like the define for TABLE_PACKAGING was not added to the admin/includes/database_tables.php

Hello!

We have a problem with the UPS XML shipping module v1.3.5.

We have installed everything now and it does not seems to be an error anywhere but when we make a test to buy one of the items we have in our catalogue

we only get one type of shipping with the following absolutely ridiculous pricing:

UPS Saver $14,008.45

The weight is only 0.68 kg.

We are registered customers at UPS.

Can anyone help us? :(

Scandinavian Aviation Store

Hi,

I tried looking to see if anyone else had this problem, but didn't find anything. I followed the installation instructions. Then I went into admin>modules>shipping, installed the module, which appeared to be working fine. When I edited the info (i.e. transaction key, ship settings, etc.) and hit save, I received this error at the top of the Shipping Module page:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/jennbaca/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1017

I didn't make any edits to the file, but I checked to make sure that the constant was there, and it is. Is there something I may have done wrong or didn't do?

Thanks.

I tried looking to see if anyone else had this problem, but didn't find anything.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/jennbaca/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1017

That you didn't find anything is not surprising because in step 3 or the readme.txt there is already a warning that if you don't do a certain editing of admin/modules.php you will get that error. So it should not have come as a surprise :)

Actually, your intuition was right, Jan-- I missed the modules.php step. My own mistake--sorry about that. I started getting a new error, so I reinstalled the module in case that missed step had threw things off. I am still getting the following error another user had earlier:

Screenshot

upsxmlerrorla4.jpg

I've already uncommented the line for the curl error, set up my error logs, and switched the following line from

$this->use_exec = '0';

to

$this->use_exec = '1';

I'm getting this error in my error log:

2008-12-31 02:21:44 Rates : 2

and this comes up in my upsxml.log:

DATE AND TIME: 2008-12-31 02:21:44

UPS URL: https://wwwcie.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

Sorry, exec() cannot be called

Aside from the error, my checkout_shipping.php page does not populate the shipping methods under the UPS listing (the only method I'm offering is UPS Ground) and if I click on "continue" checkout_shipping.php just reloads.

I'm new to working with e-commerce scripts, so I'm sorry if my solution is obvious-- bear with me, please :)

ONCE AGAIN!

By the way - HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 :D

--------------------------------------------------

We STILL have a problem with the UPS XML shipping module v1.3.5.

We have installed everything now and it does not seems to be an error anywhere but when we make a test to buy one of the items we have in our catalogue

we only get one type of shipping with the following absolutely ridiculous pricing: :huh:

UPS Saver $14,008.45

We are registered customers at UPS.

Can anyone help us? sad.gif

Scandinavian Aviation Store

I started getting a new error, so I reinstalled the module in case that missed step had threw things off. I am still getting the following error another user had earlier:

Sorry, exec() cannot be called

I've already uncommented the line for the curl error, set up my error logs, and switched the following line from

$this->use_exec = '0';
to
$this->use_exec = '1';

That use_exec is 1 should be returned to zero because the error you now get tells me that you cannot use that. No point reinstalling the module again but try again after setting it to 0 and see what comes up in the log.

It might be the infamous curl error 60 for which you need to uncomment some lines in upsxml.php (around line 678):

// uncomment the next line if you get curl error 60: error setting certificate verify locations
		// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
		// uncommenting the next line is most likely not necessary in case of error 60
		// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

There could be other curl errors (curl is a software library that does the https connection, no way around it). Some hosting providers use a proxy server for https connections for example.

By the way - HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 :D

--------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year too :)

we only get one type of shipping with the following absolutely ridiculous pricing: :huh:

UPS Saver $14,008.45

In Scandinavia I would expect another currency but that is not something the UPS module can fix. Try using the log file (see previous posts and readme.txt on how to set that up) to see what you send to UPS and what UPS returns to you. The weight that UPS expects is in kilograms. If you set up your weight in grams (as I sometimes see when post modules are used) the weight that UPS gets might be 1000 times too much.

That you only get one shipping type is not unexpected IMO in Europe.

That use_exec is 1 should be returned to zero because the error you now get tells me that you cannot use that. No point reinstalling the module again but try again after setting it to 0 and see what comes up in the log.

It might be the infamous curl error 60 for which you need to uncomment some lines in upsxml.php (around line 678):

Did both and received the same error in the log, while the page received that function curl(init) error. I could not find curl listed in my server info though, so my webhost may not support it. Looking into this. Just to confirm-- If I am unable to have curl enabled, there are no workarounds?

Thanks for your help!

Well, I get even the same amount of money in SEK and EURO.

We are using kilograms because that is the value we use in sweden.

I will try to see whats happening if i change it by putting away the comma.

What do you mean with unexpected IMO in Europe when talking about shipping type?

Thank you for your answer

Edited by pomarja

Well, I get even the same amount of money in SEK and EURO.

The shipping module does not look which currency UPS quotes back but I assume it is SEK you are getting.

We are using kilograms because that is the value we use in sweden.

I will try to see whats happening if i change it by putting away the comma.

You can't use comma's for decimals here..

What do you mean with unexpected IMO in Europe when talking about shipping type?

I said not unexpected. For things that travel in Europe I expect them to only quote UPS Saver.

No workarounds for not having curl. You need that for the https connection. No curl, no https, no UPS quotes.

Hello Jan!

Well, we have customers around the hole world but most of them are based within EU and we give prices in both EURO, SEK and USD.

We tried both with and without comma and with and without points.

Nothing happend.

About only quoting UPS Saver, we use more than UPS Saver so I wonder where did you get that information about that we are only using that kind of shipping here in Sweden?

About Curl, our website are based at a web hotel using a Apache MySQL webbserver with MySQL klientversion: 5.0.67.

Hello Jan!

Further about only UPS Saver:

Isnt it our our agreement with UPS that apply about which which kind of shipping we want?

I think you have to make a rethinking. We have a business here and we have had many discussions together with UPS about our needs and we

did both find out that we actually need more than just the UPS Saver.

So, that question are really individual and we hope you do understand that.

Please dont give our webmaster more headaches. ;)

Thanks! :)

Per M Olsson

CEO

SFSA Holding KB Ltd.

through our webmaster.