• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Step 3? Perhaps you are troubled by something that should be fixed with NOTE2 in step 3.

Thank you so much, I will now admit I am a complete idiot. I saw that and it said if you have already installed another UPS module skip this and since I had I assumed it was ok. I should know better then to assume.

Thank you again.

Do people generally have success with the dimensional shipping part of the UPS module?

I'm having problems with it. When a customer has a large order then the cart will start by using the smallest box and quote for something like 26 boxes at 3 pounds each instead of using three or four of the largest boxes. The quote for 26 small boxes is much higher than a quote for three or four heavy boxes, of course.

Any idea how to get around this problem?

When a customer has a large order then the cart will start by using the smallest box and quote for something like 26 boxes at 3 pounds each instead of using three or four of the largest boxes. The quote for 26 small boxes is much higher than a quote for three or four heavy boxes, of course.

I can only say check your packaging page in the admin and check that you have set the maximum weight a bigger box will hold correctly. Also that dimensions are correct.

Unfortunately I'm having problems with this. UPS quote for CA is $9.25. When I put in 10 for 10% discount the result is $ -0.75, when I put in 1% it comes to $8.25.

So it looks like it is deducting the amount instead of figuring out the percentage :-(

It's pretty simple. I'd insert the following code in function _upsDest:

$state_discounts = array ('TX' => 5, 'OK' => 7, 'NH' => 10); // Values are percent off

if ($country=='US' and tep_not_null($state_discounts[$stateprov])) {

$this->handling_fee = -$state_discounts[$stateprov];

}

Then set the handling fee to zero and the handling type to percentage in admin.

This will take 5% off for Texas, 7% off for Oklahoma and 10% off for New Hampshire.

I have not tested this but it should work. The key is that if an array key does not exist, attempting to get that array element returns NULL.

I will make the general comment that you cannot successfully customize an osCommerce store without learning at least the basics of PHP including array and string manipulation. Pick up a good book on PHP (I used "Programming PHP" from O'Reilly Press) and read. I see too many people just jumping in, trying to add contributions and getting in over their heads.

Unfortunately I'm having problems with this. UPS quote for CA is $9.25. When I put in 10 for 10% discount the result is $ -0.75, when I put in 1% it comes to $8.25.

So it looks like it is deducting the amount instead of figuring out the percentage :-(

From the top of my head it has two modes: one for the amount and one for the percentage. You will have to enable the percentage one. Too long ago since I seen that to remember that clearly.

I've just installed this system, still playing around with the settings but I'm getting this error on checkout_shipping.php -

111057: This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.

I believe that this problem is something to do with units of measurement mismatching - the store is in the UK and uses Kg as the weight (assuming it is the weight that is the problem, I've not got round to looking at the box dimensions option or filling any values yet).

Couple of questions -

1. Where are the units set in OSCommerce? It may sound a bit dim, but I've never had to look at this before, the units have always been metric.

2. Is this going to create problems? I really don't want to switch to something prehistoric like Imperial weights and measures, and I know the site owner definitely won't be happy. He ships goods to countries all over the world, so is this going to limit which countries this system can be used in?

Edited by Code Red

I've just installed this system, still playing around with the settings but I'm getting this error on checkout_shipping.php -

111057: This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.

I believe that this problem is something to do with units of measurement mismatching - the store is in the UK and uses Kg as the weight (assuming it is the weight that is the problem, I've not got round to looking at the box dimensions option or filling any values yet).

From the top of my head you have to change lbs to kg in the upsxml admin section (admin modules shipping). UPS will not accept lbs in the UK so no problem with that.

I have a quick question. I just skimmed through the thread, but didn't see my answer.

Is there a way to disable UPS Ground only when the free shipping requirements are met? I have a few customers who click on UPS Ground and get a shipping charge even when the Free Shipping is clicked as the default. My boss wants me to build a couple different pages as a work around so it can't happen at all. I figured my time would be better spent if I could just do it this way.

From the top of my head you have to change lbs to kg in the upsxml admin section (admin modules shipping). UPS will not accept lbs in the UK so no problem with that.

I can't see a units option in the admin section anywhere. To be honest, I'm a bit perplexed by this - I can't imagine I'm the only person outside of the US who is trying to install this package, so why aren't more people coming across this problem?

I would also have thought that by entering your location, country AND UPS account number it would pick up which units system you're going to use from UPS?

*EDIT* I managed to find it via a sarky little comment :rolleyes: in the upsxml.php file - the settings aren't in admin>modules>shipping, they're in Configuration. Problem (well, this one anyway) solved!!!

Carry on...

Edited by Code Red

I just installed that module and don't have USPS or anything else installed (it is inside the module section, but not installed).

I receive an error on the checkout page:

United Parcel Service United Parcel Service

110208: Missing/Illegal ShipTo/Address/CountryCode

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact ABC, Inc. via Email.

Edited by Merlin2000

For the address_book table, the entry_state field is left blank. When I set it manually to AZ or Arizona, I receive the same error message. All of the addresses in the shop are like this. I just installed a new version of OsCommerce and see that the entry_state field is also blank.

Edited by Merlin2000

... and as I research some more, it seems like the country code is incorrect, and for some reason comes up as a number 98 instead of US..

$order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'] outputs the number 98

here's a log of what is sent:

------------------------------------------
DATE AND TIME: 2008-08-14 17:36:28
UPS URL: [url="https://wwwcie.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate"]https://wwwcie.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate[/url]
UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">
  <AccessLicenseNumber>REMOVED</AccessLicenseNumber>
  <UserId>REMOVED</UserId>
  <Password>REMOVED</Password>
</AccessRequest>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">
  <Request>
   <TransactionReference>
	   <CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>
	   <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>
   </TransactionReference>
   <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>
   <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>
  </Request>
  <PickupType>
   <Code>03</Code>
  </PickupType>
  <Shipment>
   <Shipper>
	   <Address>
		   <City>Queen Creek</City>
		   <StateProvinceCode>AZ</StateProvinceCode>
		   <CountryCode>US</CountryCode>
		   <PostalCode>85242</PostalCode>
	   </Address>
   </Shipper>
   <ShipTo>
	   <Address>
		   <City>Gilberttt</City>
		   <StateProvinceCode>AZ</StateProvinceCode>
		   <CountryCode>98</CountryCode>
		   <PostalCode>85233</PostalCode>
<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>
	   </Address>
   </ShipTo>
   <Package>
	   <PackagingType>
		   <Code>02</Code>
	   </PackagingType>
	   <PackageWeight>
		   <UnitOfMeasurement>
			   <Code>LBS</Code>
		   </UnitOfMeasurement>
		   <Weight>3.6</Weight>
	   </PackageWeight>
	   <PackageServiceOptions>
		   <InsuredValue>
			   <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>
			   <MonetaryValue>51.00</MonetaryValue>
		   </InsuredValue>
	   </PackageServiceOptions>
   </Package>
  </Shipment>
  <CustomerClassification>
   <Code>01</Code>
  </CustomerClassification>
</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

Edited by Merlin2000

Looks like the country table has the following information:

223 United States 98 USA 2

Any idea how the number 98 could be set to the countries_iso_code_2

That is very, very strange. The columns are:

countries_id: 223

countries_name: United States

countries_iso_code_2: US

countries_iso_code_3: USA

address_format_id: 1

How come you don't have a standard countries table? Some contribution installed?

Just 2 days ago I started receiving

Error from cURL: Error [7]: Failed to connect to 96.6.49.243: Permission denied

UPS RESPONSE:

I upgraded to the newst version of UPS XML and the error still occurs. Any ideas?

UPS RESPONSE:

I upgraded to the newst version of UPS XML and the error still occurs. Any ideas?

I think you should ask your ISP about this. IMHO there is nothing UPS XML can do about this. Seems like it has to do with the way cURL is setup on your server.

Just 2 days ago I started receiving

UPS RESPONSE:

I'm brand new to MVS & this is my first viewing of this thread but we just experienced a problem related to authorize.netAIM cURL and host Siteground. If you're on their servers you might want to check with them. The security work they were doing affected cURL and they didn't know it was a problem on our end ~ I suppose any other host might be doing the same sort of mods that could goof up your site.

I need UPS XML installed and a place for Freight charges

----------------------------------------------

Description: Freight charges

If the items ordered are too large in size or weight for UPS to deliver then they are shipped by a truck which is called a freight charge.

There are two different prices for each state. 1 price is all weight up to 750 lbs and 2 price is all weight above 751 lbs.

To achieve this what all configuration is needed.Or do we need to Modify code or the account that has been created needs to have some addiitonal configuration.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I need UPS XML installed and a place for Freight charges

Description: Freight charges

If the items ordered are too large in size or weight for UPS to deliver then they are shipped by a truck which is called a freight charge.

There are two different prices for each state. 1 price is all weight up to 750 lbs and 2 price is all weight above 751 lbs.

You could either make the decision to load which module (upsxml or the one for freight charges) in includes/classes/shipping.php where the installed shipping modules are loaded or in the modules themselves.

In the modules themselves, in the constructor, there is also a place to make a module enabled true or false. Normally this is determined based on the zone of the shipping address but nothing stops you to also look at the total weight or the cart.

Thanks!!.

I got some idea now.

I wanted to know if UPS had the freight option and were they providing an online shipping estimate for freight.

Thanks!!

Satish

I will clarify My query.

I want to know is UPS having freight services(A truckload for big parcel.).

If Yes Do they provide quote online for bigger items.

If they do provide online quote what needs to be changed to UPSXML or any UPS module to get online quote for freight services.

Satish

I want to know is UPS having freight services(A truckload for big parcel.).

If Yes Do they provide quote online for bigger items.

If they do provide online quote what needs to be changed to UPSXML or any UPS module to get online quote for freight services.

I recall having read about a hundredweight service? I think that was about shipping heavier items (in the US). I also recall UPS will automatically give you quotes on that. Just try out the module and see if there the quotes are reasonable enough I would say.

I recall having read about a hundredweight service? I think that was about shipping heavier items (in the US). I also recall UPS will automatically give you quotes on that. Just try out the module and see if there the quotes are reasonable enough I would say.

Hundredweight is for large shipments, not large items. There is still a limit of 150 pounds per box (in the USA, other countries may vary.) Even though boxes up to 150 pounds are allowed, anything over 75 pounds will be very expensive through UPS. If you need to ship individual items that weight more than that, you will need to find a freight carrier that will take them. UPS will still give you a quote, since the module will break your shipment up into smaller boxes to get the quote, but the rates will probably be wildly inaccurate.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I just installed the UPS XML Shipping Module to my site. Everything seemed to install correctly. I was able to enter the admin, install the new module, and select all the appropriate bubbles (filled in access keys, user names, passwords, etc). However, at check-out, the page goes blank (on checkout_shipping.php). Can someone assist me with this? Thanks in advance.

A blank page means a PHP coding error and that PHP error messages are disabled either by your host or in php.ini. You'll have to figure out what the error is before proceeding.