• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

How do I make an item have free shipping?

I have UPS XML installed and the item weight is 0. I have tare weight set to 0 in the osCommerce configuration.

Yet it still shows $4.50 for an item that weighs nothing.

Any ideas???? Thanks!

ups has a min charge thats what you are getting when you do that.

Richie

• 2 weeks later...
I had exactly the same error message (found this thread through google looking for a solution!). I have 2 stores and one was working fine so I switched databases and the error follwed the database. In my case I was able to trace it back to my 'shipping from' address that I'd entered in the UPS module. I had put 'us' instead of 'US'. Might this be the cause of the trouble that you are also experiencing?

Hope this helps!

Best wishes

Alan

This fixed the problem,had lower case and just changed city,state and country to upper case.

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to assign a Handling fee based upon a products category? I drop ship direct from some vendors who have a $5 drop ship fee per order but at the same time I ship from my store and there is no drop ship fee. Just looking to see if there is a way to institute a handling fee for all products in a specific category.

Thanks,

Blaine

I just got an error and have no idea where I can set my max box dimensions at....

The error is as follows:

ERROR: No boxes to ship unpackaged product

Fatal error: Cannot break/continue 1 level in /home/wheels/public_html/includes/classes/packing.php on line 185

I installed the dimensions support by following the instructions in dimensions.txt but did not come across anything that would allow me to set max shipping box dimensions

There isn't one. If you have large items that don't fit in a box, but ship in their own box, mark them "ready to ship". Otherwise, what do you expect to do with the item?

There isn't one. If you have large items that don't fit in a box, but ship in their own box, mark them "ready to ship". Otherwise, what do you expect to do with the item?

I was under the impression that smaller items would be put into a bigger box and that box would be filled to capacity. Any additional items would then start to fill a new box. For those items that are too large you mark them as ready to ship.

When I have Dimension Support set to "With Product Dimensions" it errors out with that same "ERROR: No boxes to ship unpackaged product Fatal error: Cannot break/continue 1 level in /home/wheels/public_html/includes/classes/packing.php on line 185." Am I mistaken or missing something?

Your impression is correct. Have you defined boxes in admin > Tools > Packaging? One of my stores uses dimension support and it works fine.

I literally just found it. Not sure why they opted to put that in "Tools" vs. "Configuration." But thanks for the quick response.

Blaine

Is there anywhere in this module that allows you to automatically add into the shipping price the cost for additional UPS services such as "Additional Handling or Adult Signature?" If not, does anyone know where I might obtain this?

Thanks,

Blaine

Is there anywhere in this module that allows you to automatically add into the shipping price the cost for additional UPS services such as "Additional Handling or Adult Signature?"

No, those kind of rather obscure features (you are the first to my knowledge to ever ask about it) were not added to the UPS XML contribution. I guess you could add it with the help of the development information UPS has for programmers.

The way you do this is add the following subfields within PackageServiceOptions:

"<DeliveryConfirmation>\n" .

"<DCISType>'3'</DCISType>\n" .

"</DeliveryConfirmation>\n".

This requests adult signature required. If you want to add Additional Handling, you'd insert in the same section:

"<AdditionalHandling></AdditionalHandling>"

I can't tell from the UPS document whether or not you're supposed to have some sort of note within the additional handling field - the instructions suggest not but I don't understand what it would do otherwise. You can get the full XML documentation from ups.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to add a button to an item's page (without having to add a separate module) so customers can get shipping quotes right from the page without having to add the item to their shopping carts?

Reason being is that I have Google Checkout and it will not show shipping costs until they go to checkout with the Google Checkout Module.

Thanks,

Blaine

Edited by blaine109

Hi everyone,

I follow every steps of the installation of "UPS XML Rates v1.3.5 for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 2008/02/15"

when i try to check the module settings in "Admin", i get the following messages:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_parser_set_option(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in d:\gloria\easyphp1-7\www\admin\includes\classes\xml.php on line 63

any idea on this matter?

ps: i tried as a localhost.

best regards

Hello,

I have been using UPS xml for well over a year now. It has flawlessly working for that entire time, up until last night. Suddenly, around 8pm CST checkout_shipping.php yielded nothing but a blank page. After scouring my code for all pages updated that day, I found nothing wrong with my code. Finally I started disabling my shipping modules 1 by 1 until checkout_shipping.php worked. When I disabled UPS XML everything came back to working order. I called UPS directly and asked them if perhaps my access key expired or something to that extent, they were not helpful at all and only told me they would call me back within 24 hours.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? I've read a couple different posts about checkout_shipping.php not working but they seem to be completely different issues than what I am having.

Suddenly, around 8pm CST checkout_shipping.php yielded nothing but a blank page.

That points in the direction of a PHP error. There is no error log somewhere? Could be something with an update of PHP and cURL? Without knowing the error there is little that can be said about it. It is probably not on the UPS side...

That points in the direction of a PHP error. There is no error log somewhere? Could be something with an update of PHP and cURL? Without knowing the error there is little that can be said about it. It is probably not on the UPS side...

I'm looking through the apache error logs as the checkout_shipping.php displays no errors and just throws a blank page, even in the source.. here's the only things that stick out:

[Fri May 02 08:39:05 2008] [error] [client 75.68.235.102] File does not exist: /home/mjm/public_html/catalog/includes/js

and

[Fri May 02 08:57:06 2008] [notice] child pid 22743 exit signal File size limit exceeded (25)

dont really see anything else that stands out

I NEED HELP GUYS!

Can anyone tell me how to remove the EDD from the UPS XML? I don't want any delivery dates, estimated dates, nothing.

Help, please, anyone? ^_^

Search the thread. This has been answered several times as far as I remember.

Hello everyone, I'm in need of a little help. Sorry, I know this has been posted but the answer only got me halfway.

I have set everything up and got the UPS module all set up. However now when I get to the checkout page the rates don't show up. My log says this:

Error from cURL: Error [28]: connect() timed out!

UPS RESPONSE:

I checked the uspxml.php file and

$this->use_exec = '0';
is set to zero. When I change it to one, I get this error message on my log:

Error from cURL using exec() since there is no $xmlResponse

UPS RESPONSE using exec():

Also, when use_exec is set to 0, the checkout page takes probably a minute, minute and a half to load. When it's set to 1, it loads instantly.

Thanks for the help!

I have set everything up and got the UPS module all set up. However now when I get to the checkout page the rates don't show up.

The time out thing was seen a lot by people who had their shops on GoDaddy servers. They use a proxy server for the SSL connection. For this you needed to add some code to the UPSXML contribution. I think that code was in the instructions.

The time out thing was seen a lot by people who had their shops on GoDaddy servers. They use a proxy server for the SSL connection. For this you needed to add some code to the UPSXML contribution. I think that code was in the instructions.

Thanks, I just realized that we had a GoDaddy SSL certificate (took this over from someone else). I'll see what happens. Thanks!