• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

I have installed the UPS XML Shipping Module without any problems.

I installed the dimensional support files and now when I go the Administration / Configuration / File Manager screen I getthe following error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home3/varina/pinecreekwood-www/catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php:134) in /home3/varina/pinecreekwood-www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

If I try to change anything I get this message also:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/varina/pinecreekwood-www/catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php:134) in /home3/varina/pinecreekwood-www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 51

Then I cannot see anything at all...

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,

Varina

My guess is that you added a blank line in filenames.php after the closing ?>. There should be NO characters outside of the PHP brackets.

Thank you!

The editor I was using added <p> </p> after the ?>

I removed them and things seem to be working now.

Well, I fixed the File Manager Problem but now on my Categories / Products page I get this error:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home3/varina/pinecreekwood-www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 98

What did I mess up now?

Well, what's on that line in admin/includes/functions/general.php?

I avoid using the osC file manager as it is known to corrupt files. Even though it has supposedly been fixed in an update, I don't use it.

Well, what's on that line in admin/includes/functions/general.php?

I avoid using the osC file manager as it is known to corrupt files. Even though it has supposedly been fixed in an update, I don't use it.

This whole function. I am pretty new to php, but I am starting to figure it out a little.

function tep_get_path($current_category_id = '') {

global $cPath_array;

if ($current_category_id == '') {

$cPath_new = implode('_', $cPath_array);

} else {

if (sizeof($cPath_array) == 0) {

$cPath_new = $current_category_id;

} else {

$cPath_new = '';

$last_category_query = tep_db_query("select parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$cPath_array[(sizeof($cPath_array)-1)] . "'");

$last_category = tep_db_fetch_array($last_category_query);

$current_category_query = tep_db_query("select parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$current_category = tep_db_fetch_array($current_category_query);

if ($last_category['parent_id'] == $current_category['parent_id']) {

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($cPath_array) - 1; $i < $n; $i++) {

$cPath_new .= '_' . $cPath_array[$i];

}

} else {

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($cPath_array); $i < $n; $i++) {

$cPath_new .= '_' . $cPath_array[$i];

}

}

$cPath_new .= '_' . $current_category_id;

if (substr($cPath_new, 0, 1) == '_') {

$cPath_new = substr($cPath_new, 1);

}

}

}

return 'cPath=' . $cPath_new;

}

Can't really tell from that - but it seems unlikely to be related to the UPS contribution. Somewhere on the categories.php page there's a call to this function with an incorrect argument, but the cause of that is probably somewhere else.

As the UPS XML module makes NO modifications to admin, I suggest you ask for help in the general forum section.

Can't really tell from that - but it seems unlikely to be related to the UPS contribution. Somewhere on the categories.php page there's a call to this function with an incorrect argument, but the cause of that is probably somewhere else.

As the UPS XML module makes NO modifications to admin, I suggest you ask for help in the general forum section.

It may not, but the dimensional support file does have you modify the catalog/admin/categories.php file.

Does that mean I messed up the code somewhere in that file?

Possibly. Revert to your backup and try again.

Well, I fixed that problem. I must have put some code in the wrong place.

But now I have a totally different problem:

I am not getting any quotes at all, and no error messages from UPS. In my upsxml.log file the right quote is there, but it is not showing up on my checkout_shipping.php page to the customer.

I also noticed that using the osC add product form the length, width, height, defalts are not being displayed, nor is any information being saved when I enter data into those text boxes. I manually entered the dimensions into the database, but when I edit the product in osC, the information is not there.

In the upsxml.log the dimensions are not being displayed either, only the weight.

I also have the basic USPS shipping enabled, and it is not returing quotes either.

All I get is:

United Parcel Service (1 pkg, 8 lbs total)

United States Postal Service (1 x 8lbs)

What am I missing?

Varina

Hi there. I'm in such a bind here but i'm struggling my best to get out! I've recently installed this module, but I seem to be getting an error that I haven't found anywhere else in this forum. If you can provide any sort of assistance, please don't hesitate. Any and all efforts is much appreciated!

Here are some details:

DATE AND TIME: 2008-02-22 22:10:32

UPS URL: https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<AccessLicenseNumber>xxxxxxxxxx</AccessLicenseNumber>

<UserId>xxxxxxxxxx</UserId>

<Password>xxxxxxxxxx</Password>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<Address>

<City>las vegas</City>

<StateProvinceCode>nv</StateProvinceCode>

<CountryCode>us</CountryCode>

<PostalCode>89139</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>Jonesboro</City>

<StateProvinceCode>GA</StateProvinceCode>

<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>

<PostalCode>30236</PostalCode>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>01</Code>

</PackagingType>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>4</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

<InsuredValue>

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>

<MonetaryValue>15.00</MonetaryValue>

</InsuredValue>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

</Shipment>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>111000</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>Cannot convert string attribute type to int64 for RESULT.</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

-Here is the exact error message that i'm receiving on checkout_shipping.php: 111000: Cannot convert string attribute type to int64 for RESULT.

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact Apple Co. - Puppy Apparel. Puppies All Love Apple! via Email.

My host said cURL with SSL support is installed.

Thanks

Edited by ckclark121

Hi there. I'm in such a bind here but i'm struggling my best to get out! I've recently installed this module, but I seem to be getting an error that I haven't found anywhere else in this forum.

111000: Cannot convert string attribute type to int64 for RESULT.

According to the developers documentation XML error code 111000 is: The maximum per package weight for Hazardous Materials is exceeded. so this seem to be an internal error of the program on the UPS side. Of course the state code has to be written with capitals, but since this will be a common thing I can't imagine we wouldn't have heard about this error earlier.

I think only UPS can tell you why this is happening.

UPS RESPONSE: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>111000</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>Cannot convert string attribute type to int64 for RESULT.</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

-Here is the exact error message that i'm receiving on checkout_shipping.php: 111000: Cannot convert string attribute type to int64 for RESULT.

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact Apple Co. - Puppy Apparel. Puppies All Love Apple! via Email.

Thanks

Hi, I got the UPS RESPONSE part when I changed the line value to "1" in upsxml.php ( $this->use_exec = '0'; ) as per the readme text:

If cURL is not compiled into PHP (Windows users (?) and some Linux users) you can change line 115 to : $this->use_exec = '1'; Using exec() cURL from the command line interface (CLI) is then used. See for more information "Changes from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4" in the changes.txt file.

If exec() is disabled and logging is enabled, this will be logged also.

So I changed it back to (0) and my original error came back: 110099: Validation Error: .

I'm new to OSC and still working on it. Don't know if this will help ???? Jim

Hi, I got the UPS RESPONSE part when I changed the line value to "1" in upsxml.php ( $this->use_exec = '0'; ) as per the readme text:

If cURL is not compiled into PHP (Windows users (?) and some Linux users) you can change line 115 to : $this->use_exec = '1'; Using exec() cURL from the command line interface (CLI) is then used. See for more information "Changes from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4" in the changes.txt file.

If exec() is disabled and logging is enabled, this will be logged also.

So I changed it back to (0) and my original error came back: 110099: Validation Error: .

I googled for the error because the description of what exactly fails validation is not mentioned by the UPS developers documentation. Didn't help very much. The fact you get another error using exec() seems to point to an apostrophe or quotes in a field that doesn't belong there (at least according to UPS) because for that to work I had to apply the "add_slashes" PHP function to the message before it would work.

Go over the outgoing message to UPS with a fine tooth comb is all I can say.

followup on this...still getting bad quotes ...the osc mod and the UPS online rate calculator frequently give quite different quotes...(it's not the insurance thing, turned that off)...getting some quotes to ups from the logger for them to look at...

bopp

I had exactly the same error message (found this thread through google looking for a solution!). I have 2 stores and one was working fine so I switched databases and the error follwed the database. In my case I was able to trace it back to my 'shipping from' address that I'd entered in the UPS module. I had put 'us' instead of 'US'. Might this be the cause of the trouble that you are also experiencing?

Hope this helps!

Best wishes

Alan

Is it just me that experiences times anywhere from 5s to 25s to get to the payment page after you click checkout?

A site of mine that uses 1_2_9 doesn't have this problem.

I made the switch from TEST to PRODUCTION just now, thinking THAT was the reason, but it wasn't. :(

I've enabled logging and error logging. I don't see anything jumping out at me. Can anyone tell if this output shows us anything?

------------------------------------------

DATE AND TIME: 2008-03-09 21:28:30

UPS URL: https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<PickupType>

<Code>01</Code>

</PickupType>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<Address>

<City>Anaheim</City>

<StateProvinceCode>CA</StateProvinceCode>

<PostalCode>92807</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>Shelby Twp.</City>

<StateProvinceCode>MI</StateProvinceCode>

<PostalCode>48317</PostalCode>

<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>45.7</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

<InsuredValue>

<CurrencyCode></CurrencyCode>

<MonetaryValue>322.00</MonetaryValue>

</InsuredValue>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

</Shipment>

<CustomerClassification>

<Code>01</Code>

</CustomerClassification>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>38.32</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>40.72</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery></GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>38.32</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>40.72</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>45.7</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>100.13</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>102.53</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>3</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>100.13</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>102.53</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>45.7</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>02</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>150.85</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>153.25</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>2</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>150.85</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>153.25</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>45.7</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>13</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>196.24</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>198.64</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>196.24</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>198.64</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>45.7</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>14</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>238.60</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>241.00</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>8:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>238.60</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>241.00</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>45.7</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>01</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>204.83</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>207.23</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>10:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>204.83</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>2.40</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>207.23</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>45.7</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>46.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

Edited by pfilias

If you'll look back a few pages you'll see that I also had a problem in the past with long delays (30-60 seconds). It was due entirely to my web host delaying the lookup of www.ups.com. I worked around it by substituting the IP address, but got burned when UPS changed that. It's an experiment you can try anyway.

Is it just me that experiences times anywhere from 5s to 25s to get to the payment page after you click checkout?

Now that is something you could have found a fix for in the readme.text of v1_3_4 and higher, step 11 (optional).

According to that fix, it still looks like it has to get the quotes at least once per session, right, still enduring the long delay that occurs from time to time?

I just tried this fix, clicked Checkout... wait a while for the quotes to come up, then, went back to my shopping cart and clicked checkout again, and it still took a while to come up. I wonder if I have a problem with my sessions not being stored? How can I check?

According to that fix, it still looks like it has to get the quotes at least once per session, right, still enduring the long delay that occurs from time to time?

Yes.

I just tried this fix, clicked Checkout... wait a while for the quotes to come up, then, went back to my shopping cart and clicked checkout again, and it still took a while to come up.

The page with all the shipping modules need to be loaded again before you are redirected. This takes some time depending on your server. It is not instantaneous.

I wonder if I have a problem with my sessions not being stored? How can I check?

Adding to the footer:

<!--
<?php echo $_SESSION; ?> -->

and do a view source when checkout_shipping.php is loaded.

Hi there. I'm in such a bind here but i'm struggling my best to get out! I've recently installed this module, but I seem to be getting an error that I haven't found anywhere else in this forum. If you can provide any sort of assistance, please don't hesitate. Any and all efforts is much appreciated!

Here are some details:

Thanks

The problem here is the state and country code must both be in caps, hence not "nv" but "NV" and not "us" but "US".

Cheers,

Spencer