• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Can you help me find 'the contribution' because, I am pretty new to Os Commerce and really do not even know where to look. Thanks.

No it is not the same error. Your UPSXML module is working fine now. You just need to change the state of the customer you are testing this with in the admin and find the contribution that prevents this kind of errors when opening an account.

I am using the UPS XML module (an older version) but I was wondering if any one has ever had the need to mark a product as not UPSable? I have some products that while their weight and dimentions might be UPSable according to our algorithm in the UPS XML module those items cannot be shipped that way in reality. So the problem I'm running in to is customers selecting UPS shipping on products that can't be shipped by UPS and must be shipped by truck freight. So I was just checking to see if other people had this problem as well and how they solved it?

If no one has solved it yet then I was going to create an Add-on that would work similar to the "Ready to Ship" box in the UPS XML module just adding a "Not UPSable" box to indicate not to use the UPS XML module for the product.

Thanks in advance for the help!

If no one has solved it yet then I was going to create an Add-on that would work similar to the "Ready to Ship" box in the UPS XML module just adding a "Not UPSable" box to indicate not to use the UPS XML module for the product.

Isn't MVS 1.0 (I also see another Multi Vendor Shipping module, don't know the difference between them) doing that?

Another problem I am getting. When I go to edit an item I am getting this error:

New Product in "Tables"	  
1146 - Table 'wallflower.TABLE_PRODUCTS_SPLIT' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_PRODUCTS_SPLIT where products_id = '43'

[TEP STOP]

Edit: by the way, thanks for your help before. You were right on about the state thing. Crazy that OS C does not support states better. Plus, many of these modes should be in OS C by default, that would make life so much easier.

Edited by rex64

New Product in "Tables"	  
1146 - Table 'wallflower.TABLE_PRODUCTS_SPLIT' doesn't exist

Then you installed the mod for splitting a product in several parts for shipping, but you didn't add the define for that particular table to the includes/database_tables.php (probably both on the catalog side and the admin side, haven't checked it)

Crazy that OS C does not support states better. Plus, many of these modes should be in OS C by default, that would make life so much easier.

True, but Harald wants 2.2 final out of the door to get his hands free for version 3. No more add code, fix new bugs, add more code, fix some more bugs for 2.2 :)

Actually, Country-State Selector (my contrib, as Jan says) can make the "wrong state" problem worse than the stock code! This is because Alabama will be used by default (assuming US) if the customer does not change it. On one of my stores, this was happening rather often. The stock code forces the customer to type in their state, so it would be very unusual to get this error.

I have made a mod to my contrib so that the customer is forced to choose a state. If I find the time in the next day or two, I'll update the contrib with this and other changes.

Well, I do not want the dimensional support. Can you tell me what to do to fix it in either case? I really get nervous when my stuff is broke :)

Then you installed the mod for splitting a product in several parts for shipping, but you didn't add the define for that particular table to the includes/database_tables.php (probably both on the catalog side and the admin side, haven't checked it)

True, but Harald wants 2.2 final out of the door to get his hands free for version 3. No more add code, fix new bugs, add more code, fix some more bugs for 2.2 :)

Well, I do not want the dimensional support. Can you tell me what to do to fix it in either case? I really get nervous when my stuff is broke :)

Then read a book on PHP so that you know what you are doing and do not need to be nervous because you get in trouble much less and if you are you probably will find how to fix it yourself.

It looks like you used the categories.php from the package. Don't. Just put your backup categories.php back (you of course saved a backup).

Only the dimensional support part needs changes in categories.php.

A client is not getting good quotes...handling fee set to none and zero..here are their comments:

"We first took shipping info, from actual items actually shipped last week, and compared that to the UPS online shipping network - already connected to the PerfectFoods account in Willow Creek. Those comparisons were all exactly the same. Then we compared the UPS online shipping network to the Store. Most were different. We've done it several times, now. Here's an example: 1 pkg x 4lbs. to Blue Lake from Willow Creek, UPS Ground would cost $9.22 according to the store. The online network says $6-something.

If you guys have a UPS account, all you have to do is go to the shipping tab, enter a zip-code and a weight, and it'll tell you what it'll cost. Too many times, it was different (and usually more) than the store. $9.22 to Blue Lake is crazy-high."

anyone else having quote disparities?

thanks

bopp

My guess is that "Tare weight" is set to the default 3lbs in the admin Shipping configuration. This trips up a lot of people.

If that isn't it, then enable logging (read the code of upsxml.php) and see what is being sent to UPS and what is being returned.

My guess is that "Tare weight" is set to the default 3lbs in the admin Shipping configuration. This trips up a lot of people.

If that isn't it, then enable logging (read the code of upsxml.php) and see what is being sent to UPS and what is being returned.

tare weight is set to 1...that doesn't seem to be the problem...a 7 lb item ships at 8 lbs...but the quotes for an 8 pound item don't match the quotes given on the UPS site calculator...will have to try the logging...

thanks

Does the store have "negotiated rates" with UPS? If so, then you need to:

1) Have UPS enable your UPS account (as specified in the module configuration) for negotiated rates

2) Enable negotiated rates in the module configuration

3) Cross your fingers and hope that the UPS negotiated rates service is up :sweating:

I have made a mod to my contrib so that the customer is forced to choose a state. If I find the time in the next day or two, I'll update the contrib with this and other changes.

This has now been done.

Does the store have "negotiated rates" with UPS? If so, then you need to:

1) Have UPS enable your UPS account (as specified in the module configuration) for negotiated rates

2) Enable negotiated rates in the module configuration

3) Cross your fingers and hope that the UPS negotiated rates service is up :sweating:

no negotiated rates...trying to test now but the UPS online calculator is currently down...the log shows that the mod is sending them the proper package weight (8 lbs in the test order)

thanks

Jan,

I looked over the Multi Vendor Shipping Module and it appears that you can only select shipping methods for specific vendors. There is not a way to select shipping methods for specific products only. For example I have a vendor where 80% of the items can be shipped UPS and the other 20% can only be shipped by freight. With what I see in the Multi Vendor Shipping Module I can only specifiy a shipping method for that one vendor. I could make my shop work with that by breaking my one vendor up in to two separate categories but that would be alot more work than what I want to do which is throw a check box in the admin section that denotes the product as not UPSable and it just wouldn't go out and get a UPS quote for that item. Plus the Multi Vendor Shipping Module seems to be patched together with various fixes which do not include the complete package so you don't know where to start on installation anyhow. Thanks for your help though I'll just mod my UPSXML module to be product specific on the rate quotes. If there is anyone else interested in this feature let me know and I'll post it as an addin once I get it running.

Thanks,

Aaron

Isn't MVS 1.0 (I also see another Multi Vendor Shipping module, don't know the difference between them) doing that?

Could you use the dimensional support and add something so that, say, if the length was 9999 then disable UPS? With Jan's latest version, the dimension calculations are available before the upsxml class function is called so you could test it that way. (or possibly you could use the attribute for an individually shippable package.)

no negotiated rates...trying to test now but the UPS online calculator is currently down...the log shows that the mod is sending them the proper package weight (8 lbs in the test order)

thanks

sent this to UPS...will report their reply if/when i get it...

website rate calculator quote:

UPS Ground

*Billable Weight:* 8.0 lbs.

1 By End of Day

Friday

February 22, 2008 7.65 USD

osc ups xml calculator quote:

*United Parcel Service (1 pkg x 8 lbs total)* United Parcel Service

UPS Ground (Delivers in 2 - 9 Business Days) $9.45

UPS 3 Day Select (Delivers in 1 - 5 Business Days) $14.42

apparently the difference in the quotes is due to the ServiceOptionsCharges...guessing that is insurance...I don't think the website calculator factors that in...I have had a difficult time getting the online calculator to function well...

<TransportationCharges>

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>7.65</MonetaryValue>

</TransportationCharges>

<ServiceOptionsCharges>

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>1.80</MonetaryValue>

</ServiceOptionsCharges>

<TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>9.45</MonetaryValue>

</TotalCharges>

Edited by bopper

How do I make an item have free shipping?

I have UPS XML installed and the item weight is 0. I have tare weight set to 0 in the osCommerce configuration.

Yet it still shows $4.50 for an item that weighs nothing.

Any ideas???? Thanks!

There is a "free shipping" shipping module for that purpose. Otherwise you need to track if all of the items in the order are marked for free shipping (through some method you create, as it isn't standard) and, if they are, set the cost in the quote (I assume Ground) to zero.

One of my stores offers free shipping for orders over a certain amount (with some qualifications) and I use the free shipping module for that.

You could also do what Amazon does, for instance, and create a shipping credit.

There is a "free shipping" shipping module for that purpose.
Ok cool, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Do you happen to have a link to the free shipping module? I'll take a look for it, just want to make sure I get the right one.

Thanks!