• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

I would like USPS to also use dimensions like this UPS can use.

I'm working on taking the dimensional support out of UPSXML into a separate class, so that other modules could use it too. I can't tell you when that is ready though.

Why are you so sure it is quoted in dollars? Try setting up logging (see the upsxml.php file itself for directions, use a full path) and see what is inside the response:

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>

According to oanda the rate on November 1 for MXN was:

Thursday, November 1, 2007

150 Mexican Peso = 13.99576 US Dollar

That sounds more like the ballpark figure you expect.

Hi Jan,

You hit the nail. Thanks a lot for your valuable time and help.

Benito Estrada

Well thanks for the info. I have tried but failed in my tests so far.

I already have it in a separate class, but it still contains some UPSXML specific code plus I can't seem to load it from the class shipping (so at the moment it is loaded from checkout_shipping which is not ideal). So it still needs some work. Additionally I am looking at ditching the xmldocument.php for something more widely used and making the "exclude shipping methods" so that you don't need to enlarge a field in the database (for newbies a common problem). Am getting there.

Why can't i figure out how to get an access key from UPS... I have been all over their site for an hour trying to find it... I have an account set up, etc, but cant get to a spot where i can request an developer key or an access key...

Anyone?

ok... all installed, and seems to work really well...

just one problem, now when i go to edit a product, it won't work, and i get this monster error...

1054 - Unknown column 'products_length' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, products_length, products_width, products_height, products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '29' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Any idea on this one?

how do i setup free shipping using UPSXML? even by setting the dimensions to 0 and weight to 0 it still charges me for some reason?

You don't. Free shipping is a setting in the admin. Shipping modules are not involved in that.

I posted this in the Shipping modules section before I found the link to this.

Can anyone help with the following error?

I uploaded the files as per the instructions, making all necessary changes, but when I select the "Edit" button to enter my details, I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_select_multioption() in /home/serescom/public_html/admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A.

I posted this in the Shipping modules section before I found the link to this.

Can anyone help with the following error?

I uploaded the files as per the instructions, making all necessary changes, but when I select the "Edit" button to enter my details, I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_select_multioption() in /home/serescom/public_html/admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

Any ideas?

Sure. You didn't follow all the steps because step 4 of the readme.txt tells you to add that particular function to the file catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

Simple as that.

Sure. You didn't follow all the steps because step 4 of the readme.txt tells you to add that particular function to the file catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

Simple as that.

Thanks,

Uploaded the correct file, installed without any visible problems, but now after entering all my UPS details, and go to checkout with one item in shopping cart, all I get is FREE SHIPPING OVER $50. The itme is less than $10.

My original shipping method doesn't even appear.

HELP!!!!!

My original shipping method doesn't even appear.

And you are sure you kept the shipping zone on --none-- in the admin? You didn't select a shipping zone and the customer you are testing this with has an address outside of that shipping zone?

And you are sure you kept the shipping zone on --none-- in the admin? You didn't select a shipping zone and the customer you are testing this with has an address outside of that shipping zone?

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but after I sent my earlier message, my system/server crashed and after trying several restores, had to get the hosting company to restore from their server backup and I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Will let you know what I find.

Thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with displaying time in transit. No EDD shown for addresses in Europe, checked couple different addresses in UK, France, Italy. USA, Australia seem to be no problems. Anybody else having the same problem?

Thanks.

i have a problem. i'm using the dimensional support option "Ready-to-ship only". it works fine if the person only purchases 1x UNIT of that product however when people purchase more then 1x, the shipping prices are all incorrect.

for example, we sell air filters. one air filter is 1lb, 10x8x8 (dimensionally) at a unit cost of $40.88. shipping from 91731 to 91754 for UPS Ground is $7.86 (after 28% inflation fee). now say i want to purchase 2 of these, all of a sudden the shipping cost jumps to $15.72 for United Parcel Service (XML) (2 pkg(s), 2 lbs total).

using UPS WorldShip, the unit is at 2lbs is only suppose to be $6.17 shipping cost + (28% inflation) for a total of $7.89. how is it calculating this shipping cost of $15.72?

another example is we sell air freshener refills. they are 1lb, 6x4x2 at unit cost $5.98. shipping from 91731 to 91754 for UPS Ground is around $7.84 .. but when someone purchases 5x of those air freshener refills, the shipping cost for UPS Ground jumps all the way to $40.xx

*update* .. i noticed when i do not select "Ready to Ship" for the product itself, on the shipping option (when i'm ordering 5x air freshener refills) it shows United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg, 5 lbs total) and it gives me the correct shipping cost.

when i DO select "Ready to Ship" for the product itself, on the shipping option it shows United Parcel Service (XML) (5 pkg(s), 5 lbs total) and it gives me the incorrect shipping cost.

Edited by jasyn

i have a problem. i'm using the dimensional support option "Ready-to-ship only". it works fine if the person only purchases 1x UNIT of that product however when people purchase more then 1x, the shipping prices are all incorrect.

for example, we sell air filters. one air filter is 1lb, 10x8x8 (dimensionally) at a unit cost of $40.88. shipping from 91731 to 91754 for UPS Ground is $7.86 (after 28% inflation fee). now say i want to purchase 2 of these, all of a sudden the shipping cost jumps to $15.72 for United Parcel Service (XML) (2 pkg(s), 2 lbs total).

using UPS WorldShip, the unit is at 2lbs is only suppose to be $6.17 shipping cost + (28% inflation) for a total of $7.89. how is it calculating this shipping cost of $15.72?

another example is we sell air freshener refills. they are 1lb, 6x4x2 at unit cost $5.98. shipping from 91731 to 91754 for UPS Ground is around $7.84 .. but when someone purchases 5x of those air freshener refills, the shipping cost for UPS Ground jumps all the way to $40.xx

*update* .. i noticed when i do not select "Ready to Ship" for the product itself, on the shipping option (when i'm ordering 5x air freshener refills) it shows United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg, 5 lbs total) and it gives me the correct shipping cost.

when i DO select "Ready to Ship" for the product itself, on the shipping option it shows United Parcel Service (XML) (5 pkg(s), 5 lbs total) and it gives me the incorrect shipping cost.

actually i think i know what it's doing now. it's actually taking into account that each item will be shipped out on it's own instead of combined into one unit (which is true). i suppose there really isn't a needed fix for this case. for smaller items i'll just de-select "ready to ship" option. Jan Zonjee can you confirm?

Edited by jasyn

actually i think i know what it's doing now. it's actually taking into account that each item will be shipped out on it's own instead of combined into one unit (which is true). i suppose there really isn't a needed fix for this case. for smaller items i'll just de-select "ready to ship" option. Jan Zonjee can you confirm?

The ready-to-ship option is meant for items that are not packed together with other items but are to be sent in it's own packaging. This wasn't available for osC. osC would try to package it with other items even if physically impossible (total weight plus tare divided by weight per package).

If you have items you can box in with other items you shouldn't use that option. Just have the correct dimensions and weight (both including chips or whatever you use for padding) and enter the boxes you have available for packing/shipping in the admin.

help with this PHP error log please :)

Subject: PHP error_log message

UPSXML Rates Error:

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

:

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

experienced by customer with id 169 on 2007-11-27 08:09:06

help with this PHP error log please :)

It is an unknown error, not one from UPS. Usually this kind of error is found when someone just installs UPSXML and forgets something. Add the complete logging of the requests and check what is sent out. Maybe you see something that is not right.

i added a "estimate shipping" calculator on my website for those that do not want to sign up for an account. whenever someone uses it however i get a lot of UPS errors (PHP error log's) sent to my e-mail address. examples of what i'm getting are:

UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id on 2007-11-28 12:40:47

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: 270032: Invalid Destination Postal Code and City experienced by customer with id on 2007-11-28 13:17:26

UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id on 2007-11-28 13:17:28

i'm certain it's the estimator because there is never a customer id #. can someone explain to me why i'm getting these? it's always the same 2 error codes.

Edited by jasyn

i added a "estimate shipping" calculator on my website for those that do not want to sign up for an account. whenever someone uses it however i get a lot of UPS errors (PHP error log's) sent to my e-mail address. examples of what i'm getting are:

i'm certain it's the estimator because there is never a customer id #. can someone explain to me why i'm getting these? it's always the same 2 error codes.

Well, how is UPS going to calculate shipping costs if they don't know to which zip code to send it? Logically they return an error.