• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

For every product, regardless of its weight, UPS (XML) shows 1 pkg x 0 lbs total. (I've already removed the tare weight, obviously.) I have no idea why it's not taking the weight from the database...
Which is?

Also, the price showing up is $11, which I have seen in some other posts is a value for a variable in the code, not the price. In those other posts (and I did look at a lot of them!), I never found the solution. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If you look up like 3 posts back you will find the answer to that. It has come up twice in the last couple of days.

For every product, regardless of its weight, UPS (XML) shows 1 pkg x 0 lbs total. (I've already removed the tare weight, obviously.) I have no idea why it's not taking the weight from the database...

Which is?

Also, the price showing up is $11, which I have seen in some other posts is a value for a variable in the code, not the price. In those other posts (and I did look at a lot of them!), I never found the solution. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If you look up like 3 posts back you will find the answer to that. It has come up twice in the last couple of days.

OK, ignore the second item. I figured out what was causing that.

But regarding the first question, I've used weights of 1 pound, 3.5 pounds, and 10 pounds for testing. Each and every time the shipping comes up at the exact same price, and is based on 1 package at 0 pounds. I've double-checked that the weight is indeed saved in the database for the product, and it is.

Thank you.

OK, ignore the second item. I figured out what was causing that.

But regarding the first question, I've used weights of 1 pound, 3.5 pounds, and 10 pounds for testing. Each and every time the shipping comes up at the exact same price, and is based on 1 package at 0 pounds. I've double-checked that the weight is indeed saved in the database for the product, and it is.

Thank you.

I didn't realize that if you installed the dimensions support, you had to choose "Ready-to-ship only" in the module admin. I installed the dimensions support and then decided not to use it, and thought "No" was an ok answer. It wasn't! Sorry for the trouble...

I didn't realize that if you installed the dimensions support, you had to choose "Ready-to-ship only" in the module admin. I installed the dimensions support and then decided not to use it, and thought "No" was an ok answer. It wasn't!

:huh: It should be fine to choose "No", even if you installed dimensions support. Shouldn't be a problem. It that case it falls back on the standard variables that osC shipping supplies, namely $shipping_weight and $shipping_num_boxes (upsxml.php arond line 338):

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ($this->boxCount > 1 ? ' pkg(s) x ' : ' pkg x ') . round($shipping_weight,0) . ' ' . strtolower($this->unit_weight) . ' total)');

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 17 lbs total)

UPS Ground $3.45

UPS 3 Day Select $13.80

UPS 2nd Day Air A.M. $67.85

UPS 2nd Day Air $2.30

UPS Next Day Air Saver $14.95

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. $16.10

UPS Next Day Air $1.15

Hello. Can someone tell me real quick how to remove the weight total from showing to the customer in the shipping select form like shown above? (the part bolded in the quote)

Thanks!

-Jeff

See previous post about setting Negotiated rates to true in the admin when you don't have those. Yours seem to include a sales tax (15%).

Thanks, that was it. The negotiated rates at UPS seem to not be working.

Yes, we do have a 15% handling fee on the rate calculations.

Currently my UPS XML is v 1.2.6. Wondering if the Saturday delivery option is implented in the later versions. If not is there a way to implement the Saturday delivery option. Please let me know how to do this. I believe Saturday delivery is only available for Next-Day delivery on Friday and you want to get it Saturday instead of waiting until Monday. The current pricing for Saturday delivery is $12.5 per package on top of the Next-Day shipping method if that help.

Hello. Can someone tell me real quick how to remove the weight total from showing to the customer in the shipping select form like shown above? (the part bolded in the quote)

Thanks!

-Jeff

Find in includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ($this->boxCount > 1 ? ' pkg(s) x ' : ' pkg x ') . round($shipping_weight,0) . ' ' . strtolower($this->unit_weight) . ' total)');

Change it to:

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title);

Currently my UPS XML is v 1.2.6. Wondering if the Saturday delivery option is implented in the later versions. If not is there a way to implement the Saturday delivery option. Please let me know how to do this. I believe Saturday delivery is only available for Next-Day delivery on Friday and you want to get it Saturday instead of waiting until Monday. The current pricing for Saturday delivery is $12.5 per package on top of the Next-Day shipping method if that help.

No, Saturday delivery has not been added. Reading the specs I tend to believe it would not be a smart move to add it, judging by the tons of error messages this option can generate. But if you have a test shop, go ahead and add the piece of code around line 790:

"			   <InsuredValue>\n".
		"				   <CurrencyCode>".MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_CURRENCY_CODE."</CurrencyCode>\n".
		"				   <MonetaryValue>".$this->item_price[$i]."</MonetaryValue>\n".
		"			   </InsuredValue>\n".
		"		   </PackageServiceOptions>\n".
		"	   </Package>\n".
		// Saturday Delivery request
		"	   <ShipmentServiceOptions>\n".
		"		  <SaturdayDeliveryIndicator/>\n".
		"	   <ShipmentServiceOptions>\n";
	}

I'm on about day 3 of troubleshooting this contribution and am giving in for some help. After a careful installation the contribution is showing up in the admin section of my site, and I have carefully configured all of the fields making sure the origin country etc. and all of my UPS access and account numbers were correct. The problem is when I go to checkout there is no sign of this contribution, no shipping options and unfortunately no error messages. I made the upsxml.log file set the permission to 777 and changed line 87 of upsxml.php to a full path and unfortunately am not getting anything to write to this file. What should I do next to troubleshoot this, what might be going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I forgot to mention i have also done the fallowing:

"If exec() is disabled and logging is enabled, this will be logged also.

To test UPSXML without having cURL working or having the user names, access keys etc. from UPS comment out the Time in Transit section in shipping/modules/upsxml.php (around line 303-326) and follow the instructions, comment and uncomment some lines around line 804-813. Upload the included example_response.xml file, change the path on line 807 to reflect the path on your server and go to checkout with something in the shopping cart. The checkout shipping page should show the shipping methods and prices in the file example_response.jpg."

However this didn't work either, I'm still not getting anything at all to show up. Please any help would be appreciated, I'm desperate for ways to troubleshoot this.

However this didn't work either, I'm still not getting anything at all to show up.

You don't happen to have selected a shipping zone in the admin instead of the "--none--" and the customers address under which you are testing UPSXML happens to be outside that zone?

You don't happen to have selected a shipping zone in the admin instead of the "--none--" and the customers address under which you are testing UPSXML happens to be outside that zone?

That was it! Thank you so much! You rock!

As far as that Shipping Zones option goes in the admin, is there a way to tailor it to only be availbable to certain states? I'm trying really hard to find a fix for the alcohol sales business, and having no luck - but it seems like the answer lies there somewhere.

Any help or suggestions would be all kinds of appreciated.

Ouch, just kidding. Worked it out. (To anyone looking for it, it's something you can set up in your Location/Taxes area in the admin panel).

Now that that is in place, does anyone know how you can stop an order process from going through if there are no shipping options? It seems unfair to sell alcohol to people who can't have it shipped to them, so I just want to end their order process if they don't have a feasible shipping address.

I have one more small problem. I've searched all over the UPS XML bored and see other people asking this but no answers... My EDD seems to be off, for instance:

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 2 lbs total) United Parcel Service (XML)

UPS Ground, EDD: June 26, 2007 $8.46

UPS 3 Day Select $11.01

UPS 2nd Day Air $14.87

UPS Next Day Air, EDD: June 26, 2007 $24.75

As you can see both ground and next day air have the same EDD and 3day/2nd day have no EDD. Is there a fix for this?

One more example:

And one more example, this is for an address on the other end of the country from me, not sure if this is correct or not:

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 2 lbs total) United Parcel Service (XML)

UPS Ground, EDD: July 02, 2007 $7.77

UPS 3 Day Select, EDD: June 28, 2007 $15.10

UPS 2nd Day Air, EDD: June 27, 2007 $19.07

UPS Next Day Air Saver, EDD: June 26, 2007 $40.18

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M., EDD: June 26, 2007 $75.93

UPS Next Day Air, EDD: June 26, 2007 $43.58

I placed this order today (june 22nd) and the dates seem a little off. For instance UPS next day early AM doesnt get there until the 26th, 4 days from the day placed. Maybe this is right, im new at this; but if this isn't right is there a fix?

One more example:

I placed this order today (june 22nd) and the dates seem a little off. For instance UPS next day early AM doesnt get there until the 26th, 4 days from the day placed. Maybe this is right, im new at this; but if this isn't right is there a fix?

Why do you think UPSXML has anything to do with this? You think it does some random math to it or leave dates out whenever it feels like? It shows what UPS gives as info. If it is not there, it's not there.

You do can set a "shipping days delay" in the admin. So if you set it to "1" it means that if an order comes in today, it would normally ship the next. If "2", the day after tomorrow. Also, it makes sure that UPS is not given a pickup date that is on Saturday or Sunday because that is a weekend. In most countries UPS will not pickup packages in the weekend. They don't do that as a norm and most businesses are not open either.

So, if an order comes in on Friday it would leave on Monday and next day delivery on Tuesday the 26th does make sense then.

What do you guys use to print the UPS labels?

There's a nice contribution to print FedEx Labels... wondering if something similar exists for UPS

Cheers,

George

:thumbsup:

First off thank you for this great script. Ive installed it and everything seems to work except the actual weight of the product.

I have a product thats 2 lbs. When I test and go to checkout, it shows $25 shipping charge and 52 lbs as weight.

I have no idea why this is happening. Any advise on where to look or what to look for? Thanks for any guidance.

This is becoming much too frustrating to continue messing with .Ive spent the most part of a week installing and uninstalling and re-reading the instructions and still correct weight is not showing up during checkout.

anyways, last call for help.

Heres my upsxml info

United Parcel Service (XML)

Enable UPS Shipping

True

UPS Rates Access Key

UPS Rates Username

UPS Rates Password

Pickup Method

Daily Pickup

Packaging Type

Package

Customer Classification Code

Shipping Origin

US Origin

Origin City

Lincoln City

Origin State/Province

OR

Origin Country

US

Origin Zip/Postal Code

Test or Production Mode

Production

Unit Weight

LBS

Unit Length

IN

Dimensions Support

No

Quote Type

Residential

Negotiated rates

False

UPS Account Number

Handling Type

Flat Fee

Handling Fee

Enable Insurance

True

UPS Currency Code

USD

Tax Class

--none--

Shipping Zone

--none--

Sort order of display.

Disallowed Shipping Methods

Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, Express, 3 Day Select, Next Day Air Saver, Next Day Air Early A.M., Expedited, 2nd Day Air A.M., Saver, Express Early A.M., Express Plus

Shipping Delay

Email UPS errors

Yes

Time in Transit Display

No

Time in Transit View Type

Raw

Heres what shows up when checking out a 2 lb item. Theres something obviously wrong and I have no idea where to look, so any suggestions would be a very big help.

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 28 lbs total) United Parcel Service (XML)

Why do you think UPSXML has anything to do with this? You think it does some random math to it or leave dates out whenever it feels like? It shows what UPS gives as info. If it is not there, it's not there.

You do can set a "shipping days delay" in the admin. So if you set it to "1" it means that if an order comes in today, it would normally ship the next. If "2", the day after tomorrow. Also, it makes sure that UPS is not given a pickup date that is on Saturday or Sunday because that is a weekend. In most countries UPS will not pickup packages in the weekend. They don't do that as a norm and most businesses are not open either.

So, if an order comes in on Friday it would leave on Monday and next day delivery on Tuesday the 26th does make sense then.

Thanks Jan. Yes, that makes complete sense and I feel really dumb now. Sometime I need to take a day off and actually think about something before posting. argh! :) Anyway, thank you so much for being patient with me.

I have one last question, and I think this is actually a difficult one... and I've searched the boards and cant seem to find it anywhere. Is there a way to set free or even lower shipping on just one type of item? I have these greeting cards on my site and ground shipping for them is calculated at 8.50 even when I set weight to zero, but I'm sure if I shove them in a large envelope and ship them they will be much cheaper. Are there any other contributions, or tweaks to this one to remedy this?

Sorry to post so soon after my last post, but.... would dimensional support help with my problem listed above? Does it support packages as small as a greeting card in an envelope? Thanks again!

Edited by pulp2

What is the proper procedure to apply for the UPS developer key? I spent an hour mucking around the UPS web site and it seemed like I needed to apply for UPS Ready. I did that and 5 days later they rejected my application with a form email that had vague reasons that didn't seem to apply to me. (It said I had to be a 3rd party developer who develops their own software - I am and do.)

What is the proper procedure to apply for the UPS developer key? I spent an hour mucking around the UPS web site and it seemed like I needed to apply for UPS Ready. I did that and 5 days later they rejected my application with a form email that had vague reasons that didn't seem to apply to me. (It said I had to be a 3rd party developer who develops their own software - I am and do.)

Look at "How do I get a developers key?" on this page http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources...oper%27s+Key%3F.

Or just google ups developer key and there will be instructions. First you have to register at UPS then they pretty much hand it to you. If you have problems past that I would recommend calling UPS.