• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New / more options for payment

Danacord

Our old webshop (https://www.danacordbutik.dk/) needs to have a new option for the customer to select an alternative delivery method.

As it is now we send free of charge for orders over DKK 100 and otherwise DKK 36 will be added for shipping.

Since the current distributor is extremely slow, in the future the customer must be able to choose fast delivery with another distributor at a fixed price, e.g. DKK 25.

Which files should I fix?

The webshop is based on OScommerce 2.2 RC2a, which has been heavily modified over the years, but this developer has now stopped his activities.

Hello Kurt @Danacord,

You'll need to install and configure the Flat Rate shipping module in: Admin : Modules : Shipping : Install.

It is possible that you need to translate the language file.

It you are overwhelmed with this and other maintenance jobs for your store, you should post in the commercial enquiries section to find another developer:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/79-commercial-support-inquiries/

You may also need to face a mayor upgrade for your old store in the near future (PHP compatibility, security, responsiveness for use on small mobile/tablet devices).

rgds
Rainer

I think you need the shipping module "Flat Rate" which is available in your version.

By the way: you are aware that your shop may (read: will probably) produce massive errors as soon as you host decides to upgrade PHP?

Not the message you want to read, I understand.

1 hour ago, raiwa said:

You'll need to install and configure the Flat Rate shipping module in: Admin : Modules : Shipping : Install.

Flat rate is already in use and is triggered in cases where the order is below DKK 100.

Then you need to duplicate and rename the module. You have to rename also the class name (according to the new name of the module) and all constants used in the module and language file(s).

Thanks Rainer, I will try to manage it.

As it is now, the shop itself calculates whether the order is above or below DKK 100 and chooses the relevant shipping method which is therefore pre-selected. I do not want anything to be preselected, but that customers themselves must actively choose between the options offered.

4 hours ago, René H4 said:

By the way: you are aware that your shop may (read: will probably) produce massive errors as soon as you host decides to upgrade PHP?

Yes, I am aware of that. This shop I just want to last long enough until I get a new one.

10 hours ago, Danacord said:

Yes, I am aware of that. This shop I just want to last long enough until I get a new one.

A review of my history tells me that the developer of the shop's software (UniqueFree) managed to make an update before he stopped maintaining it.

12 hours ago, Danacord said:

I do not want anything to be preselected, but that customers themselves must actively choose between the options offered.

Find in checkout_shipping.php this line and comment it out or remove it:

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

2 hours ago, Danacord said:

A review of my history tells me that the developer of the shop's software (UniqueFree) managed to make an update before he stopped maintaining it.

Not knowing what kind of update he did, I'm pretty sure that it's far from what the newest OSCOM Phoenix version offers. It's still OScommerce 2.2 RC2a  based.

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

Find in checkout_shipping.php this line and comment it out or remove it:

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

And what if the user click "Continue"? I would expect that a error messeage should appear ("You must select an delivery option").

24 minutes ago, Danacord said:

And what if the user click "Continue"? I would expect that a error messeage should appear ("You must select an delivery option").

In a standard oscommerce store it is what happens. If in your store no error is displayed, it has been modified and we can't give you advice how to fix it without knowing what exact has been changed in your store

Archived