• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to Add New Category

brian_cee

I have 2.3.4.1 BS.

I only have one category with 200 items in it. If I attempt to add a new category the page breaks and it just shows this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 266240 bytes) in /store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 195

(This is line 195)
 if ($exclude != $categories['categories_id']) $category_tree_array[] = array('id' => $categories['categories_id'], 'text' => $spacing . $categories['categories_name']);

And on the shop side there is only:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 110592 bytes) in /store/includes/classes/category_tree.php on line 80

(This is line 80):

$result .= str_repeat($this->spacer_string, $this->spacer_multiplier * $level);

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

you have a bad bit of code possibly a for loop or a dab redirect that causes a loop that is using up the memory

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

11 hours ago, 241 said:

you have a bad bit of code possibly a for loop or a dab redirect that causes a loop that is using up the memory

Once I figure out what that could possibly mean, I plan on doing something about it. Did I point out that I am also extremely open to suggestions?

Because I am extremely open to suggestions.

@brian_cee so is this now fixed with the autoincrement from your other thread

or is there still an issue with the /includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

20 minutes ago, 241 said:

@brian_cee so is this now fixed with the autoincrement from your other thread

or is there still an issue with the /includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php

Once I fixed the auto increment thing, I re-uploaded the newer version of the bm_categories and everything seems fine now, thanks again......

Archived